Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 4, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #61,606 of 62,430
I totally slept on the Elite 10. Not mentioned here often, and with little codec support, I thought they were more about phone calls and other features with the SQ being a distant thought. In my mind I was dismissive of them.

I was not correct. They have a solid sound. They are small buds, solid battery life, pretty good app, solid if unspectacular ANC and transparency modes, EQ well, have a nice punchy and crisp clean sound. The case is the best I've used. These are the only TWS I can just put in my front pocket with my wallet and just go. Everything else, let alone the MTW4 case, feel bulkier. And phone call quality - I've started getting in the habit of making calls on walks. Every other TWS I've used has gotten me complains, some more than others. Not a peep from anyone I talked to in the past week with the Elite 10. Yesterday it was rainy, slightly windy, I'm walking next to busy streets, just having a conversation with my sister and she didn't have a clue. I had to ask and she said, oh you sound clear. And she has complained plenty before. And these have the critical - enter transparency mode and can pause the music feature.

Best on the go all around TWS I have used when I consider every last feature. I don't think they are the best SQ, and the non circular nozzles are a bit wack, but they work with some other tips - and overall they are solid though, get me dancing when walking my dog, and just such a great on the go package. Highly recommended. And I got them for $199 - $100 less than most other flagship IEMs.

Pictured next to my rather small, sleek, and slim Alpaka ARK Wallet made with VX21 sailcloth.

PXL_20240405_014147363-EDIT (Medium).jpg
Yah they do more right than any other TWS I have owned to date. I made a call from the downtown core of Calgary during rush hour with wind and my son said he couldn't hear the cars or wind and I could hear him really well too.

I initially did not think the stock tips felt secure but forced myself to use them. Now I no longer worry about them feeling loose and normal tips feel obtrusive. The fact is they are actually as secure as most TWS, they just don't feel that way... Especially when your used to snugger tips.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #61,607 of 62,430
I've now used the Aviot TE-ZX1 in real world instead of at home (work), unfortunately the ANC is completely useless and even hurts a little, the transparency mode is also very bad. They do sound pretty good, if you don't count the sharp highs. The EQ in the Sound Me app isn't working for me for some reason, nothing happens when I adjust the settings.

Overall... eh, if you're not into Cowboy Bebop then you could probably get by with any other TWS. The differences don't seem to be huge between different brands, there's only so much you can do with such tiny devices. I don't really find the Aviot to be any better than the Sennheiser MTW3 I had before, I just hope these have better quality control.

[edit] About comfort: At first they didn't seem that big, but after wearing them for an hour my ears are a bit sore, this doesn't happen with the Blessing 2: Dusk and Bluetooth cable, if you find the B2D to be uncomfortable you'll probably hate these. I don't have any other in-ears to compare to.

[edit2] I'm getting some serious ear fatigue, I'm honestly not enjoying these at all anymore. I don't understand why they have to sound so sharp. It's hard to focus on the music when it feels like silver dust is being blown at my ear drums. I even took the highs down a bit with Foobar2000's own EQ. Good reminder to never impulse buy anything.
Yeah, we all do. Hard to keep the new toy urge in check, that’s why I’ll sneak in a refurb or discontinued model often.. @Clark is right, sometimes you end up paying the same as just sticking to recent high end, but I need a new one every couple months. It’s cheaper that multiple GF’s or an affaire…. Btw; Car and Drive magazine did a hilarious article on how a Ferrari is cheaper than an affair, so at least we have that going for us!! 😀

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #61,608 of 62,430
Hey all, been a long time lol.

I thought I had tws figured out with the Sennheiser MTW3. I upgrade phones to Pixel 8, and... bam, HELL in Sennheiser land. Perhaps someone else had a similar issue?

I have been trying to use the MTW3, but I get no sound. It says "connected" then nothing as far as playing music goes. Regardless of what app I use. Youtube, Amazon music. I tried running just 1 earbud, but still nothing after it says "Connected." Oddly, noise cancellation activates in the app, so they must be connected, right?

I charged them, re-paired them, factory reset them, and even reinstalled the Sennheiser SmartControl app. I held the buds and heard "Volume max", and volume is also max for Media in sound settings for Pixel 8. Oddly, holding the left bud, I hear "volume min" - does that mean the left bud isn't connected?

I still have warranty for another year and change. Time for warranty or what?

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #61,609 of 62,430
Thanks for the hype train everyone, CHOo CHOo! I could not resist when I saw that e-earphone had a very early ‘second hand’ offering
IMG_7790.jpeg
And even better: I was not aware that every 5th,15th and 25th they add a 5% discount. So I paid around 207us$

I had them in my ear holes now for about 2h. I do not feel any fatigue. I was on the train and am very happy with the ANC. Hard to compare with top contenders like Bose since they are rather different in passive NC. Curious to figure out multi point and then connect to one of my LDAC players (so far only AAC from iPhone). For me the EQ in the SoundMe app works just find (and noticeable)

Only thing that I noticed was a few connection drops here and there in VErY crowded Tokyo Subway situations.
My current musical / sound evaluation is clearly tinted my new toy syndrome. All I can say for now: I had time to audition them before buying, that should give you a hint :wink:

On the other hand I tried those new Bose ear clips … first it was a pain to connect them and then within only 2 minutes of playtime they already gave me the now apparent standard Bose TWS channel crossings. Left to right or combined. Not sure what to call it, but it’s annoying and so far I have only had that on the previous 2 Bose releases (qc2 and ultra) and now on them earhooks.

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:35 AM Post #61,610 of 62,430
Thanks for the hype train everyone, CHOo CHOo! I could not resist when I saw that e-earphone had a very early ‘second hand’ offering
IMG_7790.jpeg
And even better: I was not aware that every 5th,15th and 25th they add a 5% discount. So I paid around 207us$

I had them in my ear holes now for about 2h. I do not feel any fatigue. I was on the train and am very happy with the ANC. Hard to compare with top contenders like Bose since they are rather different in passive NC. Curious to figure out multi point and then connect to one of my LDAC players (so far only AAC from iPhone). For me the EQ in the SoundMe app works just find (and noticeable)

Only thing that I noticed was a few connection drops here and there in VErY crowded Tokyo Subway situations.
My current musical / sound evaluation is clearly tinted my new toy syndrome. All I can say for now: I had time to audition them before buying, that should give you a hint :wink:

On the other hand I tried those new Bose ear clips … first it was a pain to connect them and then within only 2 minutes of playtime they already gave me the now apparent standard Bose TWS channel crossings. Left to right or combined. Not sure what to call it, but it’s annoying and so far I have only had that on the previous 2 Bose releases (qc2 and ultra) and now on them earhooks.

Crazy how different everyone hears and feels things. I'm probably not going to put mine back in my ears again. After testing them for couple of hours it was actually painful to take them out lol. I put my over-ear PX8 on and it was like everything was alright in the world again. The ZX1 will be my last TWS, there's simply nothing they do better than over-ears.

Apr 5, 2024 at 4:25 AM Post #61,611 of 62,430
Hmm, I think I prefer the fit and sound coming out the M100s compared to my MTW4s!

But the Sennheisers do have many more features... Like fully custom control scheme, 1 tap for quick attention mode, connection mangement etc!

I also love the touch feedback from the MTW4s... I'll keep the M100s for 60 days, perhaps CA will add a few more features in the meantime.

I sumbited my feedback pretty much straight away to CA. Also expressed my wish for them to add LDAC, the SoC should support it after all? Currently I'm using a Snapdragon Sound device, but in the future I might go for Samsung.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #61,613 of 62,430
I've now used the Aviot TE-ZX1 in real world instead of at home (work), unfortunately the ANC is completely useless and even hurts a little, the transparency mode is also very bad. They do sound pretty good, if you don't count the sharp highs. The EQ in the Sound Me app isn't working for me for some reason, nothing happens when I adjust the settings.

Overall... eh, if you're not into Cowboy Bebop then you could probably get by with any other TWS. The differences don't seem to be huge between different brands, there's only so much you can do with such tiny devices. I don't really find the Aviot to be any better than the Sennheiser MTW3 I had before, I just hope these have better quality control.

[edit] About comfort: At first they didn't seem that big, but after wearing them for an hour my ears are a bit sore, this doesn't happen with the Blessing 2: Dusk and Bluetooth cable, if you find the B2D to be uncomfortable you'll probably hate these. I don't have any other in-ears to compare to.

[edit2] I'm getting some serious ear fatigue, I'm honestly not enjoying these at all anymore. I don't understand why they have to sound so sharp. It's hard to focus on the music when it feels like silver dust is being blown at my ear drums. I even took the highs down a bit with Foobar2000's own EQ. Good reminder to never impulse buy anything.

Surprising to hear (pun) your negative experience with the ANC. That is the opposite of what others have found a few pages back. I want to use it on Airplanes so this is disturbing to read.
FWIW, I really like mine...but, I also agree with every point made above. "Blowing dust" is a much better way of articulating what I'm hearing from them. The Bebop branding was 90% of why I bought them, and I consider that part of the premium asking price, but I'd certainly be reluctant to pay more than what I did for the kickstarter buy-in. I needed a new pair of tws after my Gravastars started having charging issues, so for the bit of movie streaming and mostly phone calls I'll use them for they're fine, but competition is stiff, and I entirely understand why what's an inconvenience for me could be a deal-breaker for some.
I'm about to peel the wrapper off the Appollo and test it on a plane to Singapore.

giphy-10.gif
My general experience with Noble TWS stuff (and I say this as a very firm Noble fanboy) is that I've generally avoided picking up a pair because at that price point ($500+) I'd sooner invest in a wired Noble iem than I would a wireless one for fidelity reasons. All that being said? I'm basic. @FullCircle get a brand license going, slap a cool anime logo on the charging case and add some voice lines for pairing and I'd probably buy a pair next day (a Sand Land theme could be fun, given Toriyama's recent passing). It'd be nice to have a better quality tws set that still had a fun theme/gimmick.

No, I don't expect anything to actually come of this, but it's nice to dream.

Apr 5, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #61,615 of 62,430
Crazy how different everyone hears and feels things. I'm probably not going to put mine back in my ears again. After testing them for couple of hours it was actually painful to take them out lol. I put my over-ear PX8 on and it was like everything was alright in the world again. The ZX1 will be my last TWS, there's simply nothing they do better than over-ears.
I am starting to wonder if you got a defective set .. saying that the ANC and the EQ having basically no effect ...

The fit and how one perceives sound are indeed very subjective!
And I do like some comfy over ears to cuddle into, but with the hot season coming soon, I needed a new TWS toy / set to keep me company on daily commute. My sweet over ears would all turn into ear saunas :)

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #61,616 of 62,430
Few hours more with the Aviot TE-ZX1 red / Cowboy Bebop version:
a) I put on some spin fits: now the fit is even more secure and the seal even better.
b) figured out how to do multipoint that to someone posting the link to the online manual here a few pages back. Many thanks! And now I am enjoying Hans Zimmer's Interstellar OST in FLAC via 990kbpsLDAC from my TempoTecV1 .. sounds awesome! Still no ear fatigue

Unfortunately I still get the ever so occasional connection drops ... Nothing major but a bit of a niggle

Random observation: The seemingly metal shell looks more plastic-y and a tad cheap in person ... IMHO ...

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #61,617 of 62,430
Few hours more with the Aviot TE-ZX1 red / Cowboy Bebop version:
a) I put on some spin fits: now the fit is even more secure and the seal even better.
b) figured out how to do multipoint that to someone posting the link to the online manual here a few pages back. Many thanks! And now I am enjoying Hans Zimmer's Interstellar OST in FLAC via 990kbpsLDAC from my TempoTecV1 .. sounds awesome! Still no ear fatigue

Unfortunately I still get the ever so occasional connection drops ... Nothing major but a bit of a niggle

Random observation: The seemingly metal shell looks more plastic-y and a tad cheap in person ... IMHO ...

I tried them again and this time with the ANC. I felt a slight pain initially, but my ears got used to it, it does actually reduce the noise a tiny bit, but when music is playing it's not very obvious. I decreased the treble even more with EQ (Foobar2000, the Sound Me App still doesn't work) and got them to a level where they're listenable. They still make my ears very sore with the smaller foam tips so not necessarily daily driver material (personal problem). I agree with the shells being very plasticky and very slippery, I have a hard time getting them out of the case and dropped one of them already. They could be good, but not for me unfortunately.

ps. The first thing everyone at work commented on was their size and how uncomfortable they must be lol.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #61,618 of 62,430
Now while I haven’t used the Z1PNK, I did try the Denon Perl Pro and was blown away by the hearing test. But I don’t remember who said it in this forum, but there was something off about the sound that I just couldn’t quite pinpoint. I used them for weeks and I would be happy with them one day, then the next it sounded almost synthetic. And they will blow your mind comparing your custom EQ compared to the default sound.

Having said that, the bass SLAPS on the DPP. Deepest bass I’ve ever heard on TWS for sure. But imo the Aviot ZX1 (I don’t have the PNK) are effortless in their overall presentation, soundstage is wide, and they have plenty of bass. With a 10 band EQ to boot.

Granted, like most people here, I have multiple pairs of TWS and use the OnePlus Buds 3 for my gym going, sleeping, they generally sound pretty good using their hearing test, and the bass on those is great! Especially what you get for $100.

If the PNK are anything like the Cowboy Bebop version then I do not think you will be disappointed.
From this virtual listening (from 12:51) it feels like the ZX1 PNK has less slam than the Z1 PNK, but much more filled mids, probably from the 3x BA. Interestingly vocals sounds more veiled than Z1 PNK.

What was also curious was the Perl Pro which seems to extend deeper even than the Z1 PNK. The vocals on the Perl Pro however feels more airy in a fake way compared to ZX1 PNK which feels more natural?

Would you say the above 2 is accurate from your experience?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #61,619 of 62,430
I'm still very happy with them. I just upgraded to Bose QC II original eartips, and now have a real ANC (average, not the best, but ok) . Very good microphone quality, close to APP2, and a very high end SQ.
Nice! I totally didn't think of using the qc ii eartips in other tws. I love the fit of the qc ii for my ears. Picking up extra tips now. Thx for sharing.

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #61,620 of 62,430
Finally got around to opening my refurbished QCii’s. Must be a 60 year old thing, but they really sound good, and respond well to EQ. I’m happy and maybe a little annoyed at realizing my audiophile days are behind me, but I can still hear my Mozart concertos just fine. 👍
Perahia's Mozart cycle is one of my frequent listens while working. I also started listening to his goldberg variations more recently, though I still prefer the nutty genius of gould.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back