Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 4, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #61,594 of 62,456
How much you selling them for?
1712265080236.jpeg

Apr 4, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #61,596 of 62,456
Finally got around to opening my refurbished QCii’s. Must be a 60 year old thing, but they really sound good, and respond well to EQ. I’m happy and maybe a little annoyed at realizing my audiophile days are behind me, but I can still hear my Mozart concertos just fine. 👍

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #61,598 of 62,456
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:41 PM Post #61,599 of 62,456
I was looking at the same ones before I picked up my OnePlus Buds 3. I think I made the right choice with them. Granted, they definitely aren’t perfect, but the EQ works well, the bass is great, and the hearing test works fairly well. I think for $100 they are a steal.

If you wind up trying them out, if you can do me a favor and tell me if you agree with this, but there is something about the Buds 3 that I haven’t heard on any headphones I’ve ever owned. It’s almost like you can feel the instruments being played. Like piano keys thonking when fully pressed, higher/mid timbre drum toms sound more present, etc. It’s wild!

Just my two cents, but I went on a headphone testing binge for the last year and the first pair of buds I decided to keep were the OnePlus. Granted, I never tested the pairs you are interested in, but I did test the Jabra Elite 10, Denon Perl Pro, Technics AZ80, Sony XM5, etc. I just feel bang for buck, Buds 3 are where it’s at.
I have owned most of those and still use the Elite 10 as my current daily TWS.

If I buy bought... I will let you know what I think.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #61,600 of 62,456
Now that you mentioned it, I did read that particular comment. It did gave an impression that the Denon runs on like some magic sauce (lets say MSG), that as long as you don't realise it you'll feel all's well and great but the moment you managed to put your thumb on it, it becomes somewhat off putting?

I do think I'm a sucker for drums, but too bass heavy may be overly boring after a while cause my mind will start to tune the bass out. In all honest I probably will be OK with the DPPs but I think I'm sore and not getting over missing out USD195 DPPs so I'm now really just wanting the ZX1 PNKs to be >50% better than the DPPs since its retail price is 50% higher :smile:.

My daily driver now are the Galaxy Buds Pro 2, so I guess it should be a significant upgrade from those.

PNK stands for Pierre Nakano who is the person that tuned the PNK variants of Aviot's earbuds. The main difference is his tuning, as well as other things like colour and lack of the Cowboy Bebop anime voice features.
Drums presentation is one of the things that stands out with the Aviots. It's a pretty significant part of their sound signature.

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #61,601 of 62,456
I have owned most of those and still use the Elite 10 as my current daily TWS.

If I buy bought... I will let you know what I think.
I totally slept on the Elite 10. Not mentioned here often, and with little codec support, I thought they were more about phone calls and other features with the SQ being a distant thought. In my mind I was dismissive of them.

I was not correct. They have a solid sound. They are small buds, solid battery life, pretty good app, solid if unspectacular ANC and transparency modes, EQ well, have a nice punchy and crisp clean sound. The case is the best I've used. These are the only TWS I can just put in my front pocket with my wallet and just go. Everything else, let alone the MTW4 case, feel bulkier. And phone call quality - I've started getting in the habit of making calls on walks. Every other TWS I've used has gotten me complains, some more than others. Not a peep from anyone I talked to in the past week with the Elite 10. Yesterday it was rainy, slightly windy, I'm walking next to busy streets, just having a conversation with my sister and she didn't have a clue. I had to ask and she said, oh you sound clear. And she has complained plenty before. And these have the critical - enter transparency mode and can pause the music feature.

Best on the go all around TWS I have used when I consider every last feature. I don't think they are the best SQ, and the non circular nozzles are a bit wack, but they work with some other tips - and overall they are solid though, get me dancing when walking my dog, and just such a great on the go package. Highly recommended. And I got them for $199 - $100 less than most other flagship IEMs.

Pictured next to my rather small, sleek, and slim Alpaka ARK Wallet made with VX21 sailcloth.

PXL_20240405_014147363-EDIT (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #61,602 of 62,456
I've now used the Aviot TE-ZX1 in real world instead of at home (work), unfortunately the ANC is completely useless and even hurts a little, the transparency mode is also very bad. They do sound pretty good, if you don't count the sharp highs. The EQ in the Sound Me app isn't working for me for some reason, nothing happens when I adjust the settings.

Overall... eh, if you're not into Cowboy Bebop then you could probably get by with any other TWS. The differences don't seem to be huge between different brands, there's only so much you can do with such tiny devices. I don't really find the Aviot to be any better than the Sennheiser MTW3 I had before, I just hope these have better quality control.

[edit] About comfort: At first they didn't seem that big, but after wearing them for an hour my ears are a bit sore, this doesn't happen with the Blessing 2: Dusk and Bluetooth cable, if you find the B2D to be uncomfortable you'll probably hate these. I don't have any other in-ears to compare to.

[edit2] I'm getting some serious ear fatigue, I'm honestly not enjoying these at all anymore. I don't understand why they have to sound so sharp. It's hard to focus on the music when it feels like silver dust is being blown at my ear drums. I even took the highs down a bit with Foobar2000's own EQ. Good reminder to never impulse buy anything.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #61,603 of 62,456
I've now used the Aviot TE-ZX1 in real world instead of at home (work), unfortunately the ANC is completely useless and even hurts a little, the transparency mode is also very bad. They do sound pretty good, if you don't count the sharp highs. The EQ in the Sound Me app isn't working for me for some reason, nothing happens when I adjust the settings.

Overall... eh, if you're not into Cowboy Bebop then you could probably get by with any other TWS. The differences don't seem to be huge between different brands, there's only so much you can do with such tiny devices. I don't really find the Aviot to be any better than the Sennheiser MTW3 I had before, I just hope these have better quality control.

[edit] About comfort: At first they didn't seem that big, but after wearing them for an hour my ears are a bit sore, this doesn't happen with the Blessing 2: Dusk and Bluetooth cable, if you find the B2D to be uncomfortable you'll probably hate these. I don't have any other in-ears to compare to.
Surprising to hear (pun) your negative experience with the ANC. That is the opposite of what others have found a few pages back. I want to use it on Airplanes so this is disturbing to read.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #61,604 of 62,456
Surprising to hear (pun) your negative experience with the ANC. That is the opposite of what others have found a few pages back. I want to use it on Airplanes so this is disturbing to read.

I work in a factory with a constant hum, the ANC doesn't really do much other than add pressure. I can use them with the ANC turned off, doesn't make a huge difference.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #61,605 of 62,456

I'm about to peel the wrapper off the Appollo and test it on a plane to Singapore.

giphy-10.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back