Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 4, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #61,577 of 62,440
BGVP keeps going with the MMCX aux-in TWS. Q3 a 1BA/1DD hybrid BT5.3 with a QCC3072 and LE audio and has a transparency mode, 4 mics, and a gaming mode, $99. It can charge by case or it has a little USB-C to MMCX that can also charge the buds. No MMCX cable included this time so you choose your own or use what you have...
1712238326090.png

1712238402118.png

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #61,578 of 62,440
I bike rode into work with the Aviot ZX1s today and can confirm they have auto-wind-mode ANC. It's just like Jabra Elite 10: you. switch to ANC, the wind kicks in like an angry ghost, then in a second or two tames down to a gentle whoosh. I thought this was Jabra secret sauce. Maybe it's licensed? I know there are a slew of TWS with adaptive ANC, something the Aurvana Ace 2 advertises but then literally sucks wind. I know Qualcomm specifies adaptive ANC on chipsets but Jabra does not use Qualcomm so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?

The Avioits for me have superior ANC to the Jabra Elite 10. But the difference is probably fit-related since the ear-gonomic molding of the Aviots wraps my inferior crus well (and if you don't know what an inferior crus is, what are you doing on this forum :) ). By other accounts and pictures here that might be hit or miss.

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #61,579 of 62,440
Now while I haven’t used the Z1PNK, I did try the Denon Perl Pro and was blown away by the hearing test. But I don’t remember who said it in this forum, but there was something off about the sound that I just couldn’t quite pinpoint. I used them for weeks and I would be happy with them one day, then the next it sounded almost synthetic. And they will blow your mind comparing your custom EQ compared to the default sound.

Having said that, the bass SLAPS on the DPP. Deepest bass I’ve ever heard on TWS for sure. But imo the Aviot ZX1 (I don’t have the PNK) are effortless in their overall presentation, soundstage is wide, and they have plenty of bass. With a 10 band EQ to boot.

Granted, like most people here, I have multiple pairs of TWS and use the OnePlus Buds 3 for my gym going, sleeping, they generally sound pretty good using their hearing test, and the bass on those is great! Especially what you get for $100.

If the PNK are anything like the Cowboy Bebop version then I do not think you will be disappointed.
Now that you mentioned it, I did read that particular comment. It did gave an impression that the Denon runs on like some magic sauce (lets say MSG), that as long as you don't realise it you'll feel all's well and great but the moment you managed to put your thumb on it, it becomes somewhat off putting?

I do think I'm a sucker for drums, but too bass heavy may be overly boring after a while cause my mind will start to tune the bass out. In all honest I probably will be OK with the DPPs but I think I'm sore and not getting over missing out USD195 DPPs so I'm now really just wanting the ZX1 PNKs to be >50% better than the DPPs since its retail price is 50% higher :smile:.

My daily driver now are the Galaxy Buds Pro 2, so I guess it should be a significant upgrade from those.

Sorry for throwing in another question regarding the new Aviots offerings everyone is talking about now .. (besides the Z1 / ZX1 confusion :wink: )

What are some key diffs between the red colored TE ZX1 (Cowboy Bebop) version and the Black TE ZX1 PNK (that PNK leads to confusion as it looks like Pink, which is more the color of the other one) ...
Or: as a basshead / dynamic fun loving listener, would i prefer red or black?

Thanks
PNK stands for Pierre Nakano who is the person that tuned the PNK variants of Aviot's earbuds. The main difference is his tuning, as well as other things like colour and lack of the Cowboy Bebop anime voice features.

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #61,580 of 62,440
Apr 4, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #61,581 of 62,440
Then the other option may offer more information (Headquarters.)

Bloom doesn't place orders with me, nor do they communicate with me. But they do communicate with HQ.
Oh sorry John...you made yourself the contact here, not HQ. Do you only respond with memes?

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #61,582 of 62,440
Sometimes I'm amazed at Full Circles insistence on sticking around on these forums with the way some people speak to him.

The guy is here as a lover of audio not our customer service representative.

Occasionally as a bonus we get customer service and much desired product news, but sheesh guys.
If there is no rep for them here and he insists on being present with memes, I can't see that it is anyone's fault.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #61,585 of 62,440
Personal experience denon perl pros beast because of Massimo hearing i had to return design was too large for my ears
B and o ex very spacious detailed very luxury quality materials tried all the tips one side was falling off no matter what
Aviots 330$ something so well worth it ?
Also waiting on triumphs

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #61,586 of 62,440
I bike rode into work with the Aviot ZX1s today and can confirm they have auto-wind-mode ANC. It's just like Jabra Elite 10: you. switch to ANC, the wind kicks in like an angry ghost, then in a second or two tames down to a gentle whoosh. I thought this was Jabra secret sauce. Maybe it's licensed? I know there are a slew of TWS with adaptive ANC, something the Aurvana Ace 2 advertises but then literally sucks wind. I know Qualcomm specifies adaptive ANC on chipsets but Jabra does not use Qualcomm so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?

The Avioits for me have superior ANC to the Jabra Elite 10. But the difference is probably fit-related since the ear-gonomic molding of the Aviots wraps my inferior crus well (and if you don't know what an inferior crus is, what are you doing on this forum :) ). By other accounts and pictures here that might be hit or miss.
The Aurvana Ace 2 had gotten an update recently and the anc is much better now. Not incredible, but better.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #61,588 of 62,440
Apr 4, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #61,590 of 62,440
Hmm, I am thinking of trying the OnePlus Buds 3.

I want to try something new but nothing has really jumped out or seem to have hiccups. These seem solid and if they truly compete in sound quality to the more expensive competition they might be a nice fun affordable daliance. They are less than half the cost of the JLab Epic Lab, Cambridge Melomania M100, or Between 3ANC.
I'm still very happy with them. I just upgraded to Bose QC II original eartips, and now have a real ANC (average, not the best, but ok) . Very good microphone quality, close to APP2, and a very high end SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back