Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 4, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #61,561 of 62,422
Oh definitely the ZX1PNK is the winner in sub-bass. In sound quality those 5 drivers almost feel transformative in the SQ compared to one planar and DD configuration the Z1. Pretty much using the Z1 configuration and adding more drivers. Usually more drivers doesn't mean better but in this case, it does for the ZX1 as an evolution from the Z1. The Z1 does seem to feel a bit more punchy in the bass but prefer the texture I get out of the ZX1.
Thanks for your inputs. Would you say that despite having 3 BA drivers more, the ZX1 doesn't lose its coherence against Z1?

Have you had any chance trying the Denon Perl Pro before, what would you say comparing that against the ZX1?

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #61,562 of 62,422
Like I said it feels like an evolution, meaning upgrade from the Z1 but if you mean both SQ signatures differ, not really by much. Yes I do own the Denon Perl Pro. Definitely two different beast of TWS. The Denon are more immersive for any content you throw at them, bass is unrivaled & have yet to see anything compared and best soundstage. The ZX1 are brighter sounding, better balanced and better instrument separation, tighter bass. If you have access to LDAC and at Max, the ZX1 have more dynamic range. The Denon do edge it out in detail retrieval from higher bitrate music with Aptx Lossless

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #61,563 of 62,422
Like I said it feels like an evolution, meaning upgrade from the Z1 but if you mean both SQ signatures differ, not really by much. Yes I do own the Denon Perl Pro. Definitely two different beast of TWS. The Denon are more immersive for any content you throw at them, bass is unrivaled & have yet to see anything compared and best soundstage. The ZX1 are brighter sounding, better balanced and better instrument separation, tighter bass. If you have access to LDAC and at Max, the ZX1 have more dynamic range. The Denon do edge it out in detail retrieval from higher bitrate music with Aptx Lossless
My phone does LDAC and Aptx Adaptive, sadly no Lossless. I can imagine liking tighter bass but not so much on it being brighter, as it easily fatigues me. But I'm sure that can be EQed down. I guess at this stage the ZX1 is edging closer to what I want. I just wished I can A/B them side by side.

I've been reading some of your past comments on the DPP and can see you favor it quite a bit. I'll be interested to see whether with time will the ZX1 see more use compared to the DPP.

Thanks again!

Apr 4, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #61,564 of 62,422
Sometimes I'm amazed at Full Circles insistence on sticking around on these forums with the way some people speak to him.

The guy is here as a lover of audio not our customer service representative.

Occasionally as a bonus we get customer service and much desired product news, but sheesh guys.
Not sure who this is directed at but if it was me, no offense, but I disagree. We simply asked for an update on a now delayed IEM because we assumed he would have that information. Perhaps you missed the series of posts where he was at the factory reporting to us in real time. I suspect he participates in these forums for a variety of reasons and not just because he is a music fan. Noble Audio is a business and it’s good business to respond to your customers. Noble is also a sponsor on HeadFi. I think your post was out of line.

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #61,565 of 62,422
Not sure who this is directed at but if it was me, no offense, but I disagree. We simply asked for an update on a now delayed IEM because we assumed he would have that information. Perhaps you missed the series of posts where he was at the factory reporting to us in real time. I suspect he participates in these forums for a variety of reasons and not just because he is a music fan. Noble Audio is a business and it’s good business to respond to your customers. Noble is also a sponsor on HeadFi. I think your post was out of line.

I suspect that post was not directed at you, nevertheless I love to help out if I can.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #61,566 of 62,422
I hope you don't mind me asking more info:
Which would you say has better sub-bass?

I am aware and have been considering that, together with Denon Perl Pro and the Aviots :D. I kinda missed a Denon Perl Pro deal of USD195 so I'm taking it as a sign to consider other options now lol
Now while I haven’t used the Z1PNK, I did try the Denon Perl Pro and was blown away by the hearing test. But I don’t remember who said it in this forum, but there was something off about the sound that I just couldn’t quite pinpoint. I used them for weeks and I would be happy with them one day, then the next it sounded almost synthetic. And they will blow your mind comparing your custom EQ compared to the default sound.

Having said that, the bass SLAPS on the DPP. Deepest bass I’ve ever heard on TWS for sure. But imo the Aviot ZX1 (I don’t have the PNK) are effortless in their overall presentation, soundstage is wide, and they have plenty of bass. With a 10 band EQ to boot.

Granted, like most people here, I have multiple pairs of TWS and use the OnePlus Buds 3 for my gym going, sleeping, they generally sound pretty good using their hearing test, and the bass on those is great! Especially what you get for $100.

If the PNK are anything like the Cowboy Bebop version then I do not think you will be disappointed.

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #61,567 of 62,422
Hmm, I am thinking of trying the OnePlus Buds 3.

I want to try something new but nothing has really jumped out or seem to have hiccups. These seem solid and if they truly compete in sound quality to the more expensive competition they might be a nice fun affordable daliance. They are less than half the cost of the JLab Epic Lab, Cambridge Melomania M100, or Between 3ANC.
I was looking at the same ones before I picked up my OnePlus Buds 3. I think I made the right choice with them. Granted, they definitely aren’t perfect, but the EQ works well, the bass is great, and the hearing test works fairly well. I think for $100 they are a steal.

If you wind up trying them out, if you can do me a favor and tell me if you agree with this, but there is something about the Buds 3 that I haven’t heard on any headphones I’ve ever owned. It’s almost like you can feel the instruments being played. Like piano keys thonking when fully pressed, higher/mid timbre drum toms sound more present, etc. It’s wild!

Just my two cents, but I went on a headphone testing binge for the last year and the first pair of buds I decided to keep were the OnePlus. Granted, I never tested the pairs you are interested in, but I did test the Jabra Elite 10, Denon Perl Pro, Technics AZ80, Sony XM5, etc. I just feel bang for buck, Buds 3 are where it’s at.

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #61,569 of 62,422
Holy !@#!@# they are massive! I can't wait to try them! I'm hooking up the Encores to iFi go Pod and the Shure later today, for the 1st time. MAYBE, get closer to a cabled IEM? And then is it worth it over TWS? Thanks again for the effort. AVIOT should pay you a commission on sales...I'll bet some coin got dropped based on your posts.
NOW, I understand. In my limited experience listening to my stuff with TWS vs the Shure (so far, Go Pod coming up), the Shure with my IEMs sound is lots MORE. Comfort is an issue. I will keep trying. There's no putting the genie back now that I heard the TW2. I'm using the Shure app, EQ set to Aonic 3.

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #61,570 of 62,422
Sorry for throwing in another question regarding the new Aviots offerings everyone is talking about now .. (besides the Z1 / ZX1 confusion :wink: )

What are some key diffs between the red colored TE ZX1 (Cowboy Bebop) version and the Black TE ZX1 PNK (that PNK leads to confusion as it looks like Pink, which is more the color of the other one) ...
Or: as a basshead / dynamic fun loving listener, would i prefer red or black?

Thanks

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #61,573 of 62,422
Sorry for throwing in another question regarding the new Aviots offerings everyone is talking about now .. (besides the Z1 / ZX1 confusion :wink: )

What are some key diffs between the red colored TE ZX1 (Cowboy Bebop) version and the Black TE ZX1 PNK (that PNK leads to confusion as it looks like Pink, which is more the color of the other one) ...
Or: as a basshead / dynamic fun loving listener, would i prefer red or black?

Thanks
I'm wondering about the sound differences too.
Obviously the key differentiator between the two, sound aside, is the Bebop branding. I grew up with the dub, but even in Japanese, hearing Faye say "showtime" when the earbuds sync is value-added for me. I sort of understand why they went with the swordfish ii aesthetic since otherwise it'd be difficult to pick one key visual from that show.
Aviot also seems to offer a couple other anime collaborations. I'm not nearly as big a fan of sword art online, but they've got a couple spiffy looking models from that show too that flew entirely under the radar for me: Screenshot_20240404_090209_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Amazon has a product listing but I'm not even seeing driver specs, which is odd given the $200 msrp.

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #61,575 of 62,422
I'm wondering about the sound differences too.
Obviously the key differentiator between the two, sound aside, is the Bebop branding. I grew up with the dub, but even in Japanese, hearing Faye say "showtime" when the earbuds sync is value-added for me. I sort of understand why they went with the swordfish ii aesthetic since otherwise it'd be difficult to pick one key visual from that show.
Aviot also seems to offer a couple other anime collaborations. I'm not nearly as big a fan of sword art online, but they've got a couple spiffy looking models from that show too that flew entirely under the radar for me:
Amazon has a product listing but I'm not even seeing driver specs, which is odd given the $200 msrp.
That is a rip. 10mm driver cheaper Aviot model from a while back. Amazon was selling the same exact non-anime version for $69 last week and $99 full price.
https://www.amazon.com/AVIOT-Cancelling-Waterproof-Multipoint-Microphones/dp/B0BRZ2LV3J/
$100 extra or more for anime branding and character voice prompts is a bit much. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back