Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 30, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #61,426 of 62,457
Yes it's crazy how much better the Earfun is compared to M-100!
Strange we have so different takes regarding ANC between Earfun and M-100.
The way i tested both of them was with simple music at my desktop rig.
Played the same song and just changed buds.
And to me the Earfun came out on top at supressing voices and mids.

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #61,428 of 62,457
I have just spent 2 weeks with twice 28 hours transfers to Japan with the Aviot ZX1 (I brought the red gamer version and not the musical PNK), the Sony 1000XM5, and the headphone Technics EAH A800.
During the 14 and 1/2 hours flight time, I used the 1000XM5 to sleep, and the A800 for films watching.

I would say, though it was the gamer version, the sound quality of the Aviot is the best I could get from any of my TWS till now (better than EAH AZ80 too) in 990kbps LDAC mode.. as the 1000xm5 couldn't be used more than 6 hours with ANC activated vs 10 hours or more with Aviot. I could even sleep on the side with the Aviot (a bit less comfortable, but still usable).

ANC during the flight, of the aviot and sony, are on par, but significantly less efficient than the BT headphone EAH-A800 can provide (by a clear margin).

I think from now, I will use only both Aviot ZX1 (gamer or musical version). with a longer playing time than sony (with anc on), still very comfortable, though no wireless charging available for the case.

for all TWS BT distance range in the plane was more than 10m available at 990 LDAC mode (no need to take the smartphone with me, when moving inside the plane).

It's really pity the software is not compatible with all "my" european android devices (Z Fold 2&5, M17, R6Pro, M11).

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #61,430 of 62,457
I have just spent 2 weeks with twice 28 hours transfers to Japan with the Aviot ZX1 (I brought the red gamer version and not the musical PNK), the Sony 1000XM5, and the headphone Technics EAH A800.
During the 14 and 1/2 hours flight time, I used the 1000XM5 to sleep, and the A800 for films watching.

I would say, though it was the gamer version, the sound quality of the Aviot is the best I could get from any of my TWS till now (better than EAH AZ80 too) in 990kbps LDAC mode.. as the 1000xm5 couldn't be used more than 6 hours with ANC activated vs 10 hours or more with Aviot. I could even sleep on the side with the Aviot (a bit less comfortable, but still usable).

ANC during the flight, of the aviot and sony, are on par, but significantly less efficient than the BT headphone EAH-A800 can provide (by a clear margin).

I think from now, I will use only both Aviot ZX1 (gamer or musical version). with a longer playing time than sony (with anc on), still very comfortable, though no wireless charging available for the case.

for all TWS BT distance range in the plane was more than 10m available at 990 LDAC mode (no need to take the smartphone with me, when moving inside the plane).

It's really pity the software is not compatible with all "my" european android devices (Z Fold 2&5, M17, R6Pro, M11).
Thanks for the review. I'm a little concerned about my not understanding Japanese and operating the ZX1, as the instructions are all in Japanese. What do you think?

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #61,431 of 62,457
1000007625.jpg

Enjoying some morning coffee while testing the M100. Ran update for FW this morning.

ANC works well and sitting in a very noisy location to test.

For non stem design TWC these are very comfortable and 2nd time after the Z8000 MK2 that I am using the pre installed tips achieving the right seal without killing my ears (MTW4)

Sound tuning is appealing for me , really like to instrument positioning, which at times on other TWS is just not that great. Bass exists and works well , I am not looking for Beats type Bass.

When trying the EQ I like their band adjustment approach, using the the Rock preset for this morning and compared to some other TWS Rock presets this one is suiting my listening needs.

App is good and has a good amount of options vs for example M&D .

Controls work super well for me , no trouble finding the sensor location and are responsive for me.

Did notice a few issues with BT connection,but also noticed they happen in locations in which I saw old wireless phones being used like 2000's 2.4 GHZ type. Not sure if it's an algorithm issue or just plain interference.

Did not experience distance fade away as another person posted, will keep testing.

Case wise I like the flat type for these. No doubt my preference are the Gemini 2 for size and feel with the rubber trim. However compared with the ZE8000 MK2 case ,the M100 are small 🙄

Will continue enjoying these for now

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #61,432 of 62,457
Thanks for the review. I'm a little concerned about my not understanding Japanese and operating the ZX1, as the instructions are all in Japanese. What do you think?

The TE-ZX1 is really easy to operate (more controls available than Sony's1000XM5).
I also own an iPhone XS-max and the software is operational with it. Basically I only use Poweramp EQ with android's devices to do some adjustments to my taste, so I don't have any real use of aviot's software with andoid's devices.
I never use any IOS devices for music as there is no LDAC available.

Mar 30, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #61,434 of 62,457
Anyone else of you Melomania-100 owners having your buds bugging out?
I'm having problems with the single tap on the left bud that suppose to scroll between "normal" "noise cancelling" and "transparency"?
On my set that works sometimes,then suddenly it only play/pause instead of doing that.

Another fun quirk i have is that the music suddenly just pause. i tap the right bud,the music starts again, then pauses again,and again,and again.Found out if i turn off "wear detect" i works as it should.

Mar 30, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #61,435 of 62,457
Anyone else of you Melomania-100 owners having your buds bugging out?
I'm having problems with the single tap on the left bud that suppose to scroll between "normal" "noise cancelling" and "transparency"?
On my set that works sometimes,then suddenly it only play/pause instead of doing that.

Another fun quirk i have is that the music suddenly just pause. i tap the right bud,the music starts again, then pauses again,and again,and again.Found out if i turn off "wear detect" i works as it should.
Not at this time. Did you receive an FW update??. Not saying it will resolve issues

Mar 30, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #61,436 of 62,457
Yes i am on the latest FW.
I did a factory reset on them, and that made a real mess of everything. Refusing to pair up, and like 10 tries later it finally connected to the phone.
But the app would not find the buds at first. The app suddenly found the buds after repeated tries, but then the touch controls would not register anything at all.
But got them working again after putting them back in the case a couple of times.
I will wait for a FW update to see if things gets better. If not back they go.

One would think Cambridge would put out well tested product this time since their melomania touch was anything but bugg free...
Not at this time. Did you receive an FW update??. Not saying it will resolve issues

Mar 30, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #61,437 of 62,457
Why is it so hard?!!?!
Why does our brain "reset" the way we hear things so quickly! It's actually just getting more annoying and amazing how my response to each is shifting.
Made a new little playlist covering 4 songs i really enjoy at the moment, a bassy edm one, drum'n'bass, country and an old school chilled song

I'd been listening to the Earfun's for a couple hours and really having fun with it. Then play the M100's and i'm feeling a significant improvement. Switch to DPP's and it feels mid heavy and lifeless, switch to MTW3 and it feels something else. It's infuriating.
But leave it a while and play one of the sets cold and you feel it's all good until you switch
1711821246178.png

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #61,438 of 62,457
It's not a piece of heavy industrial machinery. Tap the buds in Japanese for something to happen.

Mar 30, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #61,439 of 62,457
Mar 30, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #61,440 of 62,457
Yes i am on the latest FW.
I did a factory reset on them, and that made a real mess of everything. Refusing to pair up, and like 10 tries later it finally connected to the phone.
But the app would not find the buds at first. The app suddenly found the buds after repeated tries, but then the touch controls would not register anything at all.
But got them working again after putting them back in the case a couple of times.
I will wait for a FW update to see if things gets better. If not back they go.

One would think Cambridge would put out well tested product this time since their melomania touch was anything but bugg free...
My recollection is they had some issues the last time around too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back