Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 26, 2024 at 2:20 AM Post #61,220 of 62,255
Mar 26, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #61,223 of 62,255
Fair enough. I hereby withdraw my "troll" comment. But I think the battery thing is overplayed. I've never had used a TWS long enough to have a battery fail. The tech advances so fast that the TWS is outdated before the battery. I understand others buy to keep longer term however.
I'm waiting on Apple to buy out an audio manufacturer other than DRE Beats ...

So that they can implement their Apple wireless chips +/- add on HD lossless support in something other than an AirPod/Apple/Beats product. If the Noble Audio Prestige or Svanar had the seamless convenient switching, multi-point connection, location services etc... There's no doubt Apple has human ergonomic experts in their design department.

That and an IP rating for the gym and I'd be in TWS heaven.

Yes, I know I could just buy Android. But I sold my soul to Apple's ecosystem.

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #61,224 of 62,255
another thing about codecs, 330kbps vorbis is a very good quality. some people talk about anything but lossless as like this primitive sound. the way they talk about it you'd think the music comes out in bleeps and blops.

that is the farthest thing from the truth. i can try all different IEMs, tws or wired, and at 330kbps vorbis hear all the significant and not so significant differences between the IEMs. people frothing at the mouth for lossless to near lossless codecs, otherwise it's crap, are just preaching jibber jabber..

what's holding tws back is not the codecs so much anymore is getting a higher quality product out there while still maintaining good tws features. gotta remember at 300 bucks we are not just paying for the drivers and SQ, we are paying for BT, ANC, an app, EQ perhaps, transparency mode, phone calls, and some other techy stuff, which all has to fit into the same package. TWS needs to mature a bit more and price points for the tech to come down, and sooner than later they'll be competing with higher levels of IEM.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #61,225 of 62,255
another thing about codecs, 330kbps vorbis is a very good quality. some people talk about anything but lossless as like this primitive sound. the way they talk about it you'd think the music comes out in bleeps and blops.

that is the farthest thing from the truth. i can try all different IEMs, tws or wired, and at 330kbps vorbis hear all the significant and not so significant differences between the IEMs. people frothing at the mouth for lossless to near lossless codecs, otherwise it's crap, are just preaching bibble babble.
OR, and now hold on to your seatbelt, they have different ears and brains than you do. :0

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #61,226 of 62,255
OR, and now hold on to your seatbelt, they have different ears and brains than you do. :0
Nope. Anybody that dismissive of high quality 330kbps music, to the level they are of it, are jackwagons. I mean everybody's opinion is not correct. Give me a break, it's just something most of them like to be elitist about. I have a lovely desktop setup and have A/B'd Tidal hi res tracks vs spotify tracks. Yes I can hear the difference easily. It's not always better either, depending on the recording. And no, it's stupid to dismiss the 330kbps stuff. This is not just my opinion either.

It's fine to say you prefer higher res codecs, but to be dismissive of everything else, that's the dumb part of the take.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #61,228 of 62,255
Nope. Anybody that dismissive of high quality 330kbps music, to the level they are of it, are jackwagons. I mean everybody's opinion is not correct. Give me a break, it's just something most of them like to be elitist about. I have a lovely desktop setup and have A/B'd Tidal hi res tracks vs spotify tracks. Yes I can hear the difference easily. It's not always better either, depending on the recording. And no, it's stupid to dismiss the 330kbps stuff. This is not just my opinion either.

It's fine to say you prefer higher res codecs, but to be dismissive of everything else, that's the dumb part of the take.
So your opinion is not correct either

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #61,229 of 62,255
For me, the higher end c

So your opinion is not correct either
As I stated, I'm not talking about anyone that prefers higher res codecs, I have no issue with any of those folks - I'm talking about the people that come in here and post that because TWS can only do certain codecs and bitrates, they are totally dismissive of them. Like it's totally crap music quality and not worthy of even being considered. Sorry to break it to them, but 330kbps vorbis or mp3 is not crap quality. Ever listen to that stuff on high end IEMs? It's amazing. A great IEM does not make crappy quality music bitrates sound good. They would expose that.

That's simply wrong and nonsense. Yes, some takes are just wrong. Breaking news right.

TWS are more limited by the cost factor of integrating all that tech along with higher end SQ tech.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #61,230 of 62,255
As I stated, I'm not talking about anyone that prefers higher res codecs, I have no issue with any of those folks - I'm talking about the people that come in here and post that because TWS can only do certain codecs and bitrates, they are totally dismissive of them. Like it's totally crap music quality and not worthy of even being considered. Sorry to break it to them, but 330kbps vorbis or mp3 is not crap quality. Ever listen to that stuff on high end IEMs? It's amazing. A great IEM does not make crappy quality music bitrates sound good. They would expose that.

That's simply wrong and nonsense. Yes, some takes are just wrong. Breaking news right.

TWS are more limited by the cost factor of integrating all that tech along with higher end SQ tech.
Well those higher end bit rates are my priority decision factor in what TWS I buy nowadays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back