Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 27, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #59,943 of 62,439
Received my Jabra Elite 3’s…. As always, these have excellent sound quality, because there isn’t any noise canceling circuitry in the signal path…. Amazing for the $39 at Best Buy.. I am convinced if all the fancy, but unfortunately in demand, little goodies in TWS were removed, a manufacturer could make a killer unit.. Remove ANC, pass through, the mic’s and have just enough electronics (plus smaller battery) needed, to allow for a large tunable acoustic chamber and we would have a superb sound system. 👍

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #59,944 of 62,439
Recent buys: Apple AirPods 3rd gen, Beats PowerBeats pro and Jabra Elite 3.
None of these have ANC and sound better than their ANC counterparts..,
AirPods 3 vs AirPods Pro, Jabra Elite 7 pro vs Elite 3, PowerBeats pro vs Beats fit Pro (my sons).. No doubt ANC mucks up the music and is why units with strong ANC are never in the highres conversation. 👍

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #59,945 of 62,439
Received my Jabra Elite 3’s…. As always, these have excellent sound quality, because there isn’t any noise canceling circuitry in the signal path…. Amazing for the $39 at Best Buy.. I am convinced if all the fancy, but unfortunately in demand, little goodies in TWS were removed, a manufacturer could make a killer unit.. Remove ANC, pass through, the mic’s and have just enough electronics (plus smaller battery) needed, to allow for a large tunable acoustic chamber and we would have a superb sound system. 👍
If you want to pass Bluetooth certification then you need to have a microphone. Admittedly it can be terrible…

ANC today doesn’t significantly really change the amount of electronics but does add more
microphones (etc.) and signal processing.

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #59,946 of 62,439
Recent buys: Apple AirPods 3rd gen, Beats PowerBeats pro and Jabra Elite 3.
None of these have ANC and sound better than their ANC counterparts..,
AirPods 3 vs AirPods Pro, Jabra Elite 7 pro vs Elite 3, PowerBeats pro vs Beats fit Pro (my sons).. No doubt ANC mucks up the music and is why units with strong ANC are never in the highres conversation. 👍
ANC can be disabled if you feel like it ruins SQ

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #59,948 of 62,439
If you want to pass Bluetooth certification then you need to have a microphone. Admittedly it can be terrible…

ANC today doesn’t significantly really change the amount of electronics but does add more
microphones (etc.) and signal processing.
Interesting, whatever a mic has to do with certifying Bluetooth is strange 👍

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #59,950 of 62,439
Why I say this is because Bluetooth is the transmission protocol, while mic’s are internal to, and part of, the TWS calling and feed back/forward system….
Bluetooth isn’t just a radio transmission protocol. Bluetooth is a whole stack of application and low level audio level stuff from codec negotiation to pause/play to battery level to volume control, and more.

One of these are protocols that determine whether you are using the TWS as a headset (talk) or headphone (listen). You need both to be a Bluetooth TWS and get certified so the TWS must have a microphone to act as a speaking device rather than a loudspeaker. This maybe historic now and could be changed in LE-Audio but that’s the rules today.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #59,954 of 62,439
Finally found a great sounding TWS, the EarFun Air Pro 3. Decent ANC mode, full, impactful but clean bass, decent mids, and excellent Treble. I can use these in places where I can't use EQ b/c none need. Tips that accompany are not great, but I have plenty.

$55 now on Amazon

Jan 27, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #59,955 of 62,439
^^ Myself and a few other here thought they were horrible but we got suckered by Gamesky's "paid for" review and the claim a zero day FW update made them sound amazing.

ANC was quiet good I must admit,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back