Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 9, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #59,566 of 62,436
The creative ace 2 connects to my Samsung s23 ultra in LE audio mode. If I turn off LE audio mode in the Bluetooth settings on the phone, it connects in basic aptx. LE audio mode sounds more spatial and refined than aptx mode. Oh and in LE audio mode, the creative app would not connect to the earbuds, have to turn off LE audio mode and the creative app will be able to connect to the earbuds.
Ok this is super helpful, and interesting. I have a 23 ultra too.

Overall, would you recommend?

Jan 9, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #59,567 of 62,436
The creative ace 2 connects to my Samsung s23 ultra in LE audio mode. If I turn off LE audio mode in the Bluetooth settings on the phone, it connects in basic aptx. LE audio mode sounds more spatial and refined than aptx mode. Oh and in LE audio mode, the creative app would not connect to the earbuds, have to turn off LE audio mode and the creative app will be able to connect to the earbuds.
This is almost exactly what I found on my Pixel. I'm still confused about how LE/LC3 sounds noticeably more spatial -- sometimes. I thought that was because of Google's Spatial toggle. But Samsung uses Dolby Atmos so there goes that theory.

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #59,568 of 62,436
Anyone here like choral and single voice choral vocals?

I am sitting listening to an vocal performance by Grace Davidson called Columba aspexit and the MP-20TWS is just insane how clear it is with vocals...

Then R.E.M. The One I Love, kicked in right after and it's kicking @$$ too. Anything vocal and articulate is just so right on these...

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #59,571 of 62,436
This is almost exactly what I found on my Pixel. I'm still confused about how LE/LC3 sounds noticeably more spatial -- sometimes. I thought that was because of Google's Spatial toggle. But Samsung uses Dolby Atmos so there goes that theory.
not sure if LE audio introduces any sort of processing. But LE audio sounds more spatial than aptx on the s23 ultra and aac on my iPhone.

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #59,572 of 62,436
not sure if LE audio introduces any sort of processing. But LE audio sounds more spatial than aptx on the s23 ultra and aac on my iPhone.
Is LE one of things included with UI 6 or did the S23 already have it?

Live in Canada using a Fold 4 so everything UI 6 has not hit here yet...

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #59,573 of 62,436
I really appreciate all you eager people. But am really glad I just took a flier on a 1 year old product with limited features at half price versus jumping on the new MEMS train. By next year maybe one of the MEMs will be tested a true at half price...
:ksc75smile:
Did you get the Mackie for $20? I can't remember if I read right but that it came in super cheap?

Or what it a $20 off discount I'm misremembering.

OR! Are you sitting there wondering what the heck $20 has to do with anything?

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #59,574 of 62,436
How about ANC for creative ace 2?

I find it very subtle, plus wind reduction is non existent and the mic are picking up very high sounds (like high pitch glitch in one ear or the others) especially when close to street voice announcement…

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #59,575 of 62,436
PSA - first used Falcon Max popped up on e-earphone

That was fast, less than 2 weeks after release. Rating is A, which here means this is basically new, everything is included. Maybe they are not bound by embargo on used items to ship this model out of Japan ... one can only try .. maybe someone here gets lucky.

Noble_Audio_ノーブルオーディオ_【中古】FALCON_MAX_【NOB-FALCONMAX-B】【日本橋】___e☆イヤホン.jpg

(i do not have any personal experience with international shipping / orders from them, but I bought in-store / online ordered domestically plenty and never had any problems. Items were usually in much better shape than expected!)

(I am also not being paid for this PSA :wink: )

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #59,576 of 62,436
With a sad face emoji, I hate to report that my Fokus prestige simply so not fit and are not comfortable. I tried the spring tips recommended by erockg. They stick out a mile. Don’t fit in my ear canal and work themselves out with any movement. I am bummed. I’ve tried several times with Noble and always land here. Am I the only one?

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #59,577 of 62,436
With a sad face emoji, I hate to report that my Fokus prestige simply so not fit and are not comfortable. I tried the spring tips recommended by erockg. They stick out a mile. Don’t fit in my ear canal and work themselves out with any movement. I am bummed. I’ve tried several times with Noble and always land here. Am I the only one?
So very sad. I'm in love with mine. I did switch to the Moondrop spring tips. They're a little thinner than the Clarion. Did you try some glue? There's got to be a solution here. Comply tips? Hmm...

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #59,578 of 62,436
So very sad. I'm in love with mine. I did switch to the Moondrop spring tips. They're a little thinner than the Clarion. Did you try some glue? There's got to be a solution here. Comply tips? Hmm...
My bad. Clarion. I guess I can give the MOONDROP a try. Not a fan of comply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back