Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 31, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #59,222 of 62,233
Listening to the Prestige and the one area where they clearly beat the Svanar is the subbass. You can feel the subbass in your head with the Nobles. Since you can’t really EQ the Svanar we will never really know if they can hit this hard. I can see why erockg would prefer the Noble for older tracks and metal.

I’m still dealing with fit issues. I just cannot get these things to stay in my ears. Hoping to find some tips that work for me. I switched over to my Pixel from iPhone but it was a sideways switch from AAC to Aptx. No improvement.
More time. The Noble is a bit warmer, less clinical than the Svanar. I prefer the tonality of the Noble overall. If I had to pick one, I don't know. The svanar fit me like a glove and that has some value to me for a portable IEMs. But the Noble are more fun. After an hour plus of listening my ears hurt however.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #59,223 of 62,233
Dec 31, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #59,224 of 62,233
Nah. You need to know erockg better. He needs his bass to go to 11.
100%. Melting my face off right now with them. I think you at least try those Clarion tips. When you twist and push the NFPs in your ears the Clarion are like a bulb that grip and hold them in. At least for me.

What tips have you tried?

Dec 31, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #59,225 of 62,233
Listening to the Prestige and the one area where they clearly beat the Svanar is the subbass. You can feel the subbass in your head with the Nobles. Since you can’t really EQ the Svanar we will never really know if they can hit this hard. I can see why erockg would prefer the Noble for older tracks and metal.

I’m still dealing with fit issues. I just cannot get these things to stay in my ears. Hoping to find some tips that work for me. I switched over to my Pixel from iPhone but it was a sideways switch from AAC to Aptx. No improvement.
Today's metal EQ using the Pixel Fold.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231-094125.png
    Screenshot_20231231-094125.png
    441.3 KB · Views: 0
Dec 31, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #59,228 of 62,233
Def agree that the prestige beats out the svanar. Thing is, I pulled these bad boys out from 2014 that still kill everyone in soundstage, separation, and clarity. It's not even a close race. How can this be?

Attachments

• IMG_8858.jpeg
    IMG_8858.jpeg
    774.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 31, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #59,231 of 62,233
OMG....I'm so late to the TWS party. Never enjoyed the Bluetooth earphones I heard previously, very much. So I stuck with my IMR and Penon wired with my BT Qudelix 5K and fully wired with my HiBy R6 III. Anyway I thought I'd spend about 100 quid on a couple of TWS earphones. It's not that I'm not familiar with Bluetooth, mainly that LDAC has never really got into most TWS. In my main HiFi I've used LDAC and found it pretty good, but always was disappointed by the Bluetooth APTX codecs in my buds as opposed to lossless wireless using my old Arcam Airdac.
So forward wind to now, 100 quid has bought me both a Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro (Amazon UK) with LDAC and also bought a refurbished Lypertek Pureplay Z7 with APTX. These are both older IEMs, both unusually for TWS, DD with BA hybrids. For 69.99 the Liberty Pro 3 is excellent, and infused with good bass. For about £33.00 refurbished from HiFiheadphones UK I've got the Pureplay Z7 which is more neutral, but responds to EQ so well. The PurePlay Z7 is really a freak sound wise. No real ANC but just a crisp treble and bass that equalises beautifully, not good for workouts or even travel, but great indoors listening to your favourite tracks particularly with exceptional battery life. The Liberty 3 Pro, as many of you know, is so well tuned and with the LDAC codec, airy and vibrant. There are still bargains which enhance our listening joy.

Dec 31, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #59,232 of 62,233
More time. The Noble is a bit warmer, less clinical than the Svanar. I prefer the tonality of the Noble overall. If I had to pick one, I don't know. The svanar fit me like a glove and that has some value to me for a portable IEMs. But the Noble are more fun. After an hour plus of listening my ears hurt however.
Have you given the cheaper Svanars a try? I ordered the Noble Prestige last night so I’m hoping they blow me away. I’ve got my Hype 2 hooked up to the ifi Go Pod but i can’t find a comfortable fit with those or the UTWS5 for more than a few minutes at a time. I’m just going all in on premium wireless sets now.

Dec 31, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #59,234 of 62,233
100%. Melting my face off right now with them. I think you at least try those Clarion tips. When you twist and push the NFPs in your ears the Clarion are like a bulb that grip and hold them in. At least for me.

What tips have you tried?
Clarion tips arrived. Definitely an improvement fit wise. They change the sound a little. A little brighter maybe? Thanks for the tip.

Dec 31, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #59,235 of 62,233
Today's metal EQ using the Pixel Fold.
I've got mine in more of a W shape and it's incredible. Elevates even old tracks that aren't recorded well. That bass tho 🤤20231231_191913.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back