Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 1, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #58,471 of 62,387
I initially tried out Status 3ANC (but they hurt my ears), Soundcore Liberty 4NC (they sound bad compared to the Status), and the AZ60s (Sound good but not as good as the Status). Hoping the AZ80s have a little improved sound (depth and clarity) and maybe a little more bass than the AZ60s.

Jlab is intriguing, but it’s new so not many reviews. If they sound more like AZ60 level sound or worse, it’s probably not worth picking them up.

I have to say the Status 3ANC sounded really good. Punchy bass and good clarity. Unfortunately they hurt my ears after less than an hour. And their ANC is not very good even compared to the Technics.
AZ60s have more bass than AZ80s, but AZ80s have better overall sound, clarity and openness. I maybe a minority but didn't like Status 3ANC at all, the bass sounded muddy and boosted. The JLAB bass is much better than any other buds I have tried. They have both sub bass and mid bass in spades.

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #58,472 of 62,387
I initially tried out Status 3ANC (but they hurt my ears), Soundcore Liberty 4NC (they sound bad compared to the Status), and the AZ60s (Sound good but not as good as the Status). Hoping the AZ80s have a little improved sound (depth and clarity) and maybe a little more bass than the AZ60s.

Jlab is intriguing, but it’s new so not many reviews. If they sound more like AZ60 level sound or worse, it’s probably not worth picking them up.

I have to say the Status 3ANC sounded really good. Punchy bass and good clarity. Unfortunately they hurt my ears after less than an hour. And their ANC is not very good even compared to the Technics.
The 3ANC are much better than all the ones we're talking about. Triple drivers and tuned nice. I had good luck with the fit, but was definitely tricky.

Dec 1, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #58,473 of 62,387
I've been using my Acceptable black ones too. Quite often actually. So much so, my Bose Ultras have gotten no love in over a week. No scratches on mine and mint. Luck of the draw I guess. Or maybe because I stupidly spend more than you on Amazon? I'm more into the sub-bass as you know. Tuned out that bright vibe. I pull that knob down to the bass section on all my B&O gear. I do wish they were louder. Picked up a new case on Amazon that has served me well.
Volume definitely not loud. Wondered if something was off. Will try to add a little bass. Took a little time to adjust to the warm PX7. Like polar opposites. Digging them now.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #58,474 of 62,387
Volume definitely not loud. Wondered if something was off. Will try to add a little bass. Took a little time to adjust to the warm PX7. Like polar opposites. Digging them now.
My iPhone says they are running at 80db. I’m really sensitive to volume. More like 65. No way they are at 80. About 60 percent on the slider.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #58,475 of 62,387
My iPhone says they are running at 80db. I’m really sensitive to volume. More like 65. No way they are at 80. About 60 percent on the slider.
Last one. Never heard a closed back let alone a BT closed back sound so open. Wow.
While I do think the AZ80s are the best Technics buds to date, I no longer have them. I do think the Jlabs are smaller and an easier fit. ANC is no slouch. I used the AZs on a cross-country flight and wasn't happy with the ANC. But again, Bose for that, all the way. I'm using the Jlab now and listening to an old Badlands album and Jake E. Lee's guitar sounds awesome. You can def hear the two drivers doing their job well. Separation is great. I agree, vocals are more up front, but it's not distracting to me. All this said, they're cheaper than the AZ80, so if price is important, and you can get the $50 off deal, the Jlab buds are a great buy. Technics are a more premium bud build, but charging cases for both are similar quality. Both excellent. Honestly, none of us here can be the be-all end-all judge. You should test a few out and return the loser.
where might I get the 50 off deal

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #58,478 of 62,387
Do i need to try the 3 anc again ? What’s the secret to good fit?
Yah, the $50 off was a BF deal I think. I really enjoyed the 3ANC and they just sat in my ears like those first gen Bose tws. I used the large tips. I'll admit it, I don't have the 3ANC anymore. Almost re-purchase because their BF deal was for $149. Nuts.

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #58,479 of 62,387
Thanks! Actually I just tried the Spiral Dot++ and these help with taming the intense bass and squeezing out max treble from these. Liking the sound signature better now, at least until JLAB makes the EQ more effective...
I also got the JLabs and went back and forth for a while between them and the Jabra Elite 10s I've been regularly using. The JLabs do impress with detail but I kept finding the Jabras had a better overall presentation. I tried playing with the equalizer on the JLabs but it was just too sensitive on the treble to get right. Maybe I just like a simple dynamic driver. After all I'm old enough to have known AM radio!

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #58,480 of 62,387
I tried to install a bunch of Volume apps off the Google Play store to fix it. Blah, waste of time.

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #58,481 of 62,387
I also got the JLabs and went back and forth for a while between them and the Jabra Elite 10s I've been regularly using. The JLabs do impress with detail but I kept finding the Jabras had a better overall presentation. I tried playing with the equalizer on the JLabs but it was just too sensitive on the treble to get right. Maybe I just like a simple dynamic driver. After all I'm old enough to have known AM radio!
... but what about UHF too? I remember rabbit ears and tin foil to get a good signal.

giphy.gif

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #58,482 of 62,387
You are right, I think the multi-tech multi-driver tuning and implementation is not something most are able to do which sounds natural like a DD. The only one that sounds "natural"(like a DD) to my ears is Buds 2 Pro. Every other dual/tri driver with a BA has something weird about it, especially when it comes to reproducing treble...

I don't have Jabra Elite 10 anymore but they didn't fit my ears well and also the sound didn't seem to have the "dynamic impact" for sudden beats/changes in sound for me.

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #58,483 of 62,387
Thanks I think I am going save my money :). The Elite 10 are still my pick for TWS and it sounds like JLab won't change that.

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #58,484 of 62,387
Yah, the $50 off was a BF deal I think. I really enjoyed the 3ANC and they just sat in my ears like those first gen Bose tws. I used the large tips. I'll admit it, I don't have the 3ANC anymore. Almost re-purchase because their BF deal was for $149. Nuts.
139 now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back