Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 14, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #58,083 of 62,422
Unless you share the same account (like I do)...
You gotta switch that over so each family member gets their own, but you manage all, heh. :beerchug:

Nov 14, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #58,084 of 62,422
Same boat. 1. Don't give me a 3 week launch window. Make them available immediately or just wait. 2. Slow ass shipping from the West Coast (for me at least). 3. I don't like the case/color combo arrangement. Looks like $399 is the price for anything I'd want. 4. Tell me why they are better.

For now, I'm passing. Will wait for more reviews, potential use of rewards points. Plus a stingy 14-day return policy.
FYI, best I found was 10% off with code RAKUTEN10 and 4% back using the Rakuten extension in Safari. Almost there...

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #58,086 of 62,422
Looking forward to your impressions. I didn't realize some colors are cheaper. Have my eyes on the white ones.

Will likely wait for it to be available locally as well. Not expecting it to be the best in sound for my taste but I always liked and miss their buttons, which I still think was one of the best designs. I still use my MW07 Go once in a while to watch a movie or TV on my computer, although lack of single bud use and transparency annoys me. May finally be time to retire those (had them since they launched I think). The MW07 Go weathered many workouts, drops in the snow and rainy commutes and even the fabric case has somehow managed to stay intact. Hopefully the M&D quality is still up there.

Unrelated but we recently had the birth of our second child and my over ear headphones have been getting very limited use (pretty much only my Px7 S2 for commuting now) because they are just not practical when you only (sometimes) have one free hand. I had been mostly using my Aone 2 Noire for wired and Px8/Aonic 50s for bluetooth at home but was reminded of how useful TWS can be at home too. Intersstingly, I find myself reaching for the Elite 10 a lot these days over my MTW3 because they are so much more comfortable for me.
New kid + noise canceling headphones = perfect! Of course I’m kidding, congratulations 👍

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #58,087 of 62,422
Yep, but they did give 4 out of 5 stars. Imagine what they’d give if they had to actually pay for them. 😀
Yup, and the grammar shows a real effort on their behalf. 450 dollars for those reviews… holy moly

Nov 14, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #58,089 of 62,422
Nov 14, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #58,090 of 62,422
Nov 15, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #58,092 of 62,422
Code isn’t working for me on my iPhone. Any tricks?
Ugh, looks like the blocked it. I did manage to get it in (unless they cancel) and then got 4% back via Rakuten and 2% via Apple Card. We'll see if it all goes through...

Nov 15, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #58,094 of 62,422
Time to see how their customer service is..
Lol we on the same page. I didn't get a response from them across two different email addresses. Got one from Electronics for less in Canada who were the first to list them. They emailed back saying they would email and check in but I'm guessing they heard nothing too

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #58,095 of 62,422
How did you like the Audio Technica TWX9? Interested in sq mainly compared to other top tier TWS.
I can get them rather inexpensive nowadays.

So this is how I feel about these, not saying I own the truth, maybe some will not agree and that is ok.
Regarding sound quality (and that is the most important for me, Anc is just a plus)

B&W PI7
Denon Perl Pro
Audio Technica TWX9 (Not as deep as B&W or Denon or even Devialet, but when listening to it, you don't feel missing, it is a very balanced sound)
Devialet Gemini (Fun bass and sound but missing details if you focus)
Sennheiser MTW (large soundstage)
Sony Wfxm4
Sony Wfxm3
Samsung Buds Pro 2

If you listen at home, the B&W are the ones.
If you go for a walk , you will less focus on details and the devialet are awesome.
If you go to work (transport commute), listen during the day at the office, walk outside, the audio technica is the one for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back