Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #57,931 of 62,437
I do apologise for my enthusiasm.

They
Just
So
Good

I got mine from Minidisc who told me they had a 21 day change of mind policy (15% restock fee tho).

My patience is a bit stronger as without MEMs or another compelling technology I can't justify a purchase of any existing brands.

Hold strong!
Please, do not apologize. It's exciting to see someone who it has worked out perfect for - it ticks every box for me except for potential fit issues and comparisons in ANC to the QC2's.

Minidisc though! Thanks dude, I think I've found myself lining up a potential buy. I hold you accountable! 😁😂

Feel you on the front of the patience though - releases seem to incremental and tend to have caveats of some sort when comparing to another option. That for me is enough to hold off until there's finally something that ticks all the boxes. The MW09's look really interesting but already, a review has given some insight on them.

But then again, that's one review of more to come. I'm sure someone in here will at least give them a go (hinting @erockg or @clerkpalmer 🤔😝)

I'm just going to hope their support follows their introductory features and unlocks more for it in time (much like the MTW3's were vastly improved after a late update.)

I don't think we'll even get a Snapdragon sound dongle. Qualcomm does have a dongle but it's purely an LE low latency play for gamers. I have no idea about chip architecture but maybe there's a hardware limitation for breaking it out.

I remember when Snapdragon sound first became a thing. I think I had a Google Nexus phone then. It's funny because back then Apple sounded much better. Now Qualcomm kept at it and won the battle, but maybe they lost the war?

Edit: what the heck am I saying? I was using wired back then :darthsmile:.

M&D just announced a TWS with the latest and greatest from Qualcomm, and they are a tiny player compared to every company that you listed...Sony, Apple and Samsung will continue using their own proprietary solutions no matter what.

Samsung even refused to add Aptx HD to their phones after it was added to the AOSP. Just like how they refuses to add Dolby Vision even to their most expensive TVs.

I would love it if Qualcomm went open source...But just like Samsung, Apple and Google their share holders want to see a return on their investments.

At least with Qualcomm you are getting the very best...whilst Google and Samsung keeps charging top dollars for phones with a vastly inferior SoC (Tensor/Exynos).

I just dont see how Qualcomm are the bad guys compared to Apple, Google and Samsung.

Do you think that Samsung/Google/Apple will do away with any proprietary tech any time soon?

Could Qualcomm be more consumer friendly? Ofc...but so could the other major companies.

Also if the benchmarks holds true it will pretty much be a no brainer for anyone remotely tech-savy to buy a Snapdragon X Elite PC. As long as Microsoft/developers sorts out the compability with the new architecture.

With Qualcomm pushing their own envelope by expanding into other areas such as the PC market, coupled with the marketing they're bringing along with it, I wouldn't be surprised if they do have a poke at other markets in the coming years, and it would all likely be proprietary too.

The praise they have received over the last few years for their achievements could be seen as a perfect opening for them to release their own properiety tech line.

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #57,932 of 62,437
With Qualcomm pushing their own envelope by expanding into other areas such as the PC market, coupled with the marketing they're bringing along with it, I wouldn't be surprised if they do have a poke at other markets in the coming years, and it would all likely be proprietary too.
I’ll believe it when I see it. Qualcomm did release a laptop chip for the Surface, and a Samsung Galaxy Book Go but Windows support was abysmal and poor app integration. People use laptops to work. A laptop is a paperweight if it can’t run applications. And unlike Apple Qualcomm doesn’t have the ability to make a tool that makes their chips compatible with x86 software.

If anything Qualcomm is doing because they have to. Apple, Samsung, and Google are making their own chips, smartphone sales is trending downward , and other chip makers are taking away their market share on the low end. So Qualcomm has less customers for their chips vs before.

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #57,933 of 62,437
I had the Sennies with an adapter, connected to my Shure TW2 adapters. While they did sound awesome, I very very much prefer my Thieaudio Monarch MK3 with the iFi Go Pods today. They're phenomenal. Power from the iFi is stellar. The Shure are doable, but not in the same league. That said, the Shure adapters have much better transparency mode and are better for calls in my experience.
What Sennheisers? Have you used them with the iFi Go Pods?

Do you mind explaining to me the controls and battery life of the Shure TW2 vs iFi Go Pods... I'm assuming the Go Pods don't use bluetooth?
I’m intrigued lol
My wallet just kicked me in the nuts and ran away...

Out of the box, you need an adapter for the IE series to work with the TW2 (and other hooks as well). I modified the sleeve a bit on my TW2s, but don't regularly use my IE600s. I do however leave my IE200s connected and they work/sound great. I have listened to the 600s on them as well and was quite happy using AAC on them. Only reason I don't use them regularly is due to the swapping back and forth to wired makes me a bit nervous with the MMCx connectors potentially wearing out.
Damn I thought the connectors looked very similar... I have SE535's and am trying to decide between the IE600's, IE500 Pro's, IE900's or sticking with a Shure like the SE535 SE's or SE846's...

Is the Shure connector the same as the iFi Go Pods one?

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #57,934 of 62,437
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #57,936 of 62,437
I want to bite on the Velacy. But I have 0 faith in crowdfunded tech these days and by the time they have completed production there will be 4 other products doing the same thing.

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #57,938 of 62,437
Nov 8, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #57,939 of 62,437
I've been out of the TWS game for a while (mainly to not spend hundreds of £!) but I'm thinking I've probably missed something that might suit me.

I'm on the lookout for some that don't have a full insertion (like the current Enco X2).. anything like that come out since April that would sound better than the Enco X2? The Mems sets are just around the corner but I think they'll mostly be full insertion but still tempted to try - my ears just get annoyed by then these days ;(

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #57,942 of 62,437
I've been out of the TWS game for a while (mainly to not spend hundreds of £!) but I'm thinking I've probably missed something that might suit me.

I'm on the lookout for some that don't have a full insertion (like the current Enco X2).. anything like that come out since April that would sound better than the Enco X2? The Mems sets are just around the corner but I think they'll mostly be full insertion but still tempted to try - my ears just get annoyed by then these days ;(
AirPods Pro??? Maybe
Just for kicks, what would be your money no object full-sized wireless headphones and why?

Focal Bathys probably..
Bathys or Px8's... Momentums at a cheaper level

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #57,944 of 62,437
Quick peek at the Svanar LE
The case is the only reservation I have about these. I typically only use TWS's out and about and want a pocketable case.

I have the mystiques and already find that case to be slightly too large. I am still super curious about the sound, and ANC would be nice on windy walks.

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #57,945 of 62,437

I don't know the Enco X2, but the Edifier W320TN are good sounding. They hang just in the Concha like the original AirPods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back