Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 5, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #57,871 of 62,422
Anyone springing for the Dali iO-12? Takes a lot for me to think something is expensive. Wow.
Had IO-4s and IO-6s but iO-12s are a giant leap price wise to just grab them without any reviews or ability to test beforehand.. I hope they are made in Denmark at least for the price opposed to China made 4s and 6s..

Nov 5, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #57,872 of 62,422
Anyone springing for the Dali iO-12? Takes a lot for me to think something is expensive. Wow.
Yeah… I was excited when I got the email announcing them, but when I scrolled down and saw the price… gulp! It’s not impossible at that price, but, they better do a lot more than just play music…

Nov 5, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #57,873 of 62,422
They support high-res wired over usb-c but otherwise require a Snapdragon sound source to get anything better than regular AptX.

I'm sure they sound as beautiful as they look but a review mentioned that they are large and can get warm on the ears. They seem to be made for folks who lead a well-healed life of leisure, with perfect climate control and perhaps a physically large head. That's not me.

Meanwhile, back in the bargain bin, Amazon US is selling a few brand new tan PX8s for $519. Three left at this moment.

Nov 5, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #57,874 of 62,422
I’ve heard the Perl Pros really only shine with the higher end codecs, and are handicapped listening through AAC thus making them not a great choice for iPhone users. Does anyone use these with iOS that can comment?
Had the DPP (returned for QC issues), but on my iPhone 12, AAC was comparable with a sennheiser BTD 600 dongle and apt x adaptive. Lively enough for workouts, but aptX held a slight advantage.

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #57,875 of 62,422
Had the DPP (returned for QC issues), but on my iPhone 12, AAC was comparable with a sennheiser BTD 600 dongle and apt x adaptive. Lively enough for workouts, but aptX held a slight advantage.
Same problem. 3 sets with issues. Really would like a set but just jaded to buy another set

Nov 5, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #57,876 of 62,422
Has anyone here got the DPP and the Gemini II?

Would be great to get a proper comparison around sound between them.

Nov 5, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #57,877 of 62,422
So, I caved in and got the Bose Ultra Buds today .. and boy ... what is going on with Bose and connection? As soon as I try anything that has to do with the App (in iOS), about 30 secs later the buds disconnect for no apparent reason .. I have not been able to do the fit test nor check out 'immersive sound' (the first disconnect happened when I clicked 'play the demo'). ... when I stay away from the app, and connect manually ... it plays fine .. but of course I want to be able to access the featueres in the app ... I checked that I have both, current app version and buds upgraded to latest ... oh, i just noticed I can enter 'immersion mode' by long pressing (it cycles through quiet-aware-immersion) .. but can't say I notice much difference .. yet .. gotta play some more ...

I really hope this is just an app bug that will be fixed pronto

For those curious, the alternate fit kit rings and tips from the QCBudsII fit on here as well, the are missing a tiny extra notch, which does not make a huge difference

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #57,878 of 62,422
I’ve heard the Perl Pros really only shine with the higher end codecs, and are handicapped listening through AAC thus making them not a great choice for iPhone users. Does anyone use these with iOS that can comment?
I use with both ROG phone 7 (APTx adaptive) and iPhone 13 mini (AAC) and sometimes with creative bt-w5 with iPhone (APTx Adaptive). Comparing with other teams using AAC, it still sounds much better. You just know you can get more detail out of it when upgrading to APTx Adaptive.

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #57,879 of 62,422
They support high-res wired over usb-c but otherwise require a Snapdragon sound source to get anything better than regular AptX.

I'm sure they sound as beautiful as they look but a review mentioned that they are large and can get warm on the ears. They seem to be made for folks who lead a well-healed life of leisure, with perfect climate control and perhaps a physically large head. That's not me.

Meanwhile, back in the bargain bin, Amazon US is selling a few brand new tan PX8s for $519. Three left at this moment.
Can’t see anything being 3x better than those px8. Pretty gutsy price point.

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #57,881 of 62,422
I saw crinacle rated Galaxy Buds 2 Pro very high for a TWS. I've been using Yanyin Moonlight for a while, they are fantastic and I know I'm not gonna get nearly the same quality in TWS, but I wonder in which league do they play in compared to something I know like Moondrop Kato, Blessing 2, Penon Serial, Fan 2 etc?

Nov 6, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #57,882 of 62,422
Sennheiser MTW3 and BTD600 playing Coldplay - “A Rush of Blood to the Head”, pure bliss!! :ksc75smile::relieved:
I just wish the ANC/isolation on the MTW3's were better. When I use them in my apartment and my window AC unit is on, I can hear a hiss that's not being blocked out by the ANC, even with music playing. This is with the stock tips and any silicone/rubber tips I've tried. Foam tips fix this, but it isn't worth the hit in SQ. They are fine when I'm out grocery shopping or whatever, and the anti-wind noise setting works well outdoors too.

Nov 6, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #57,883 of 62,422
QBuz,Tidal have the HiFi , what at least keeps me with Spotify is the wide range of their library and their algorithms have really allowed me to discover a wide gamut of music.
Have tried Apple Music that has a large library but Spotify still beats them by quite a lot with their Algorithms.
I've been on Apple Music for 22 months straight now. I've not stuck with any other music streaming service for this long of a stint in the past. I've tried them all, again and again, back and forth, but I have no complaints with Apple Music. I tried it right away when I got my iPhone 13Pro, and haven't had any reason to try anything else. Great sound, good app interfaces, never any buffering issues, or app crashing issues, algorithms to me are fine and I am suggested good/new music consistently. There have been things I disliked about every other streaming service, but no complaints here.

-Amazon HD would have songs labeled incorrectly often
-Tidal always wanted to push rap/hiphop I guess since Jay-Z owns it. I am very anti that type of music. Then there is the whole MQA not really being lossless thing, and Tidal is/was priced high
-Spotify had promised lossless for like 4 years now and its never come, but otherwise isn't bad. I just can't justify paying the same price for music that isn't lossless.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #57,884 of 62,422
Also wanted to add Bose QC Ultra immersive sound is a LOT better than Jabra Elite10's Dolby Spatial sound. I would have thought Dolby Spatial would have sounded better but I guess either Jabra needs to optimize it or Bose's immersive audio is just better.

However, I am not fan of these 360 sound, as it either kills bass or makes the music sound overprocessed.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #57,885 of 62,422
Both sound great. B&O build quality is miles ahead imo. Personally, I do prefer the EQ, but that last Sennie update to the MTW3 really pushed the sound envelope. You can't get the EQ new for the price of the MTW3, unless you luck out like I did. EQ case is slimmer. I don't have the MTW3 anymore otherwise I'd take some pics :beerchug:
In Europe you can, actually EQ can be even cheaper than mtw3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back