Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 29, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #57,781 of 62,744
Cheers.

Noob question but is 5db much? On the average phone how many volume clicks would that be?
Don't worry about the "power" as 3dB is double. In real perception 3dB is about 12% so 5dB should be ~20% louder. I guess the clicks would depend on device. Take the number of steps and do them math. :) Not that it is perfect of course. Just might give some idea. Seems the Final will help the people who thought it was/would be lacking. A fix but not gonna be getting tons of these are the loudest TWS I have heard comments.

Oct 29, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #57,783 of 62,744
Getting close to Christmas, bet they drop at Boxing day if not sooner...

Oct 29, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #57,785 of 62,744
So how are the other Elite 10 users doing with their TWS? I have not posted much on them lately but these basically have become my most used TWS. They sound awesome if you love a large sound stage / 3D type image, they are so comfy I am struggling to like TWS like my AZ80, they have good mics for calls and meetings.

The only downside is wind with ANC which when windy enough just means I switch to Hear Through and then after a few seconds they cut out the wind. It is their only weakness really.

I wish the battery life was better but really this is because I use them so much the battery actually gets depleted. If I am honest most of the time I don't wear my TWS for hours on end, but these are so comfy I do... maybe the new LC3 mode will sound close to AAC and give them a battery life boost. Will have to wait and see.

I will be over the moon if Jabra take their wind mode in Hear Through and apply it to the ANC mode as well and make it about 25% more aggressive when they do a firmware update. Or better yet just give a wind mode setting in the app and through a gesture on the TWS. Maybe just give another option in the ANC, Hear Through, OFF button press adding Wind... I hope like hell they do nothing to change how these sound signature wise! Would hate it if they screw up the stereo mode which in my opinion sounds better than their Spatial audio mode if the song is well produced.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #57,787 of 62,744
So how are the other Elite 10 users doing with their TWS? I have not posted much on them lately but these basically have become my most used TWS. They sound awesome if you love a large sound stage / 3D type image, they are so comfy I am struggling to like TWS like my AZ80, they have good mics for calls and meetings.

The only downside is wind with ANC which when windy enough just means I switch to Hear Through and then after a few seconds they cut out the wind. It is their only weakness really.

I wish the battery life was better but really this is because I use them so much the battery actually gets depleted. If I am honest most of the time I don't wear my TWS for hours on end, but these are so comfy I do... maybe the new LC3 mode will sound close to AAC and give them a battery life boost. Will have to wait and see.

I will be over the moon if Jabra take their wind mode in Hear Through and apply it to the ANC mode as well and make it about 25% more aggressive when they do a firmware update. Or better yet just give a wind mode setting in the app and through a gesture on the TWS. Maybe just give another option in the ANC, Hear Through, OFF button press adding Wind... I hope like hell they do nothing to change how these sound signature wise! Would hate it if they screw up the stereo mode which in my opinion sounds better than their Spatial audio mode if the song is well produced.
Mine have also become my go-to gear. They do most everything very well with class-leading usability (buttons much better than taps!). Their sound quality continues to surprise me though I would like some more "space" on top. ANC, though not perfect, works well for office and plane, does a good job at muffling voices. Hear-through is just OK. They have the best multipoint implementation I've experienced. Finally, their comfort and fit is also class-leading. I never need to adjust them, even on a bike.

Oct 30, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #57,789 of 62,744
Oct 30, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #57,791 of 62,744
https://amzn.eu/d/cvLKOFR
Earfun's latest have dropped and current on UK Amazon offering 20% discount to £64

Actually just used the earfun pre-order code on top and got them down to £56

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back