Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 9, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #57,391 of 62,437
They sure do look like the Gemini II. Different specs though. Wonder who made them for Montblanc.

Oct 9, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #57,392 of 62,437
Hmm. Not sure about these. Beryllium drivers and tuning from the former Sennheiser guy? I wish they didn't have those silly white stars on them.

Well, THAT former Sennheiser guy actually did pretty good at Sennheiser and those were Senn's golden years. Then he screwed up big time on his own project (down to hopelessly bad marketing rather than quality I'd say). But then it doesn't mean he can't do well under other circumstances like this - he had the experience with TWS now and he has the support from a big firm quite willing to dedicate serious resources and efforts to new ventures (e.g. watches). And at the end of the day, it's the product quality that speaks most, not the man endorsing the product.

And THAT white star is far from silly, it is iconic, at least to us fountain pen lovers. I can't care less about MB bags and luxury goods, but their pens have great history and are consistently good over the years (albeit vastly overpriced these days).

Oct 9, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #57,393 of 62,437
They sure do look like the Gemini II. Different specs though. Wonder who made them for Montblanc.
Ah, another Axell Grell tuned buds.

Oct 9, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #57,394 of 62,437
Well, THAT former Sennheiser guy actually did pretty good at Sennheiser and those were Senn's golden years. Then he screwed up big time on his own project (down to hopelessly bad marketing rather than quality I'd say). But then it doesn't mean he can't do well under other circumstances like this - he had the experience with TWS now and he has the support from a big firm quite willing to dedicate serious resources and efforts to new ventures (e.g. watches). And at the end of the day, it's the product quality that speaks most, not the man endorsing the product.

And THAT white star is far from silly, it is iconic, at least to us fountain pen lovers. I can't care less about MB bags and luxury goods, but their pens have great history and are consistently good over the years (albeit vastly overpriced these days).
Overpriced, nah 🤣 but I love their products too.

Attachments

• IMG_6998.png
    IMG_6998.png
    613.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 10, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #57,395 of 62,437

I had exactly that feeling back in the day when the promotion pics first rolled out. But having handled both, they look and feel quite different in fact. The shape is wholle distinguishable, as well as the feeling of wearing them.

Who made them for Montblanc - some big TWS factory in Dongguan China, as are most other prominent TWS from the big brands out there that are mentioned most frequently on this thread. No brands make them in-house, and I believe there are just a few (maybe a couple of) manufacturers in China handling all these designs and orders from all over the world.

BTW I love the look of the Gemini II opera house edition but that price for that sound.......................

Oct 10, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #57,399 of 62,437
I had exactly that feeling back in the day when the promotion pics first rolled out. But having handled both, they look and feel quite different in fact. The shape is wholle distinguishable, as well as the feeling of wearing them.

Who made them for Montblanc - some big TWS factory in Dongguan China, as are most other prominent TWS from the big brands out there that are mentioned most frequently on this thread. No brands make them in-house, and I believe there are just a few (maybe a couple of) manufacturers in China handling all these designs and orders from all over the world.

BTW I love the look of the Gemini II opera house edition but that price for that sound.......................
I almost nibbled on the MB, but the Codecs appear to be lacking

Oct 10, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #57,400 of 62,437
Not sure if it's been posted before but here is a pretty comprehensive comparison of the Jabra 10, XM5, QC3, AP2 and Galaxy 2 - I only have the Jabra 10 but would have to agree with his findings on them. A good all rounder.

An unexpected bonus is the auto "wind cancel" in "Hear Through" when riding a bike. The easy multipoint is a pleasure to use too and while passive isolation is not the best, combined with the powerful ANC, the overall isolation is good. SQ is pleasant enough too.

Oct 10, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #57,401 of 62,437

When time - pic of how they fit in the ears (from the front) I want to see how far out they go + screenshots of the app - EQ etc., I might just go for these too

Oct 10, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #57,402 of 62,437
There are four Creative models being released in November. The first two (Zen Air Pro & Zen Air Plus) are estimated early November, they're LE audio / aptX Lossless models, whereas the Aurvana Ace & Ace 2 are the xMEMS products and will be released towards the end of November.

Oct 10, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #57,405 of 62,437
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back