Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 25, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #57,046 of 62,436
Rating lists mean nothing except one mans opinion. Where is your list of gear you have personally owned or even heard for longer than a quick lesson.
Individual list, yes, but to navigate in the ocean of all these IEMs to at least get idea what is good or not people usually cross reference lists from Crinnacle, Precog, Antroid, and few other seasoned IEM reviewers. Not finding Hifiman IEMs on these lists or locating them somewhere at the very bottom is very telling on where the brand stands in IEM space. And no, I haven't owned or listened all IEMs under the sun, you can click on my profile to check my current and previously owned gear if so curios.

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #57,047 of 62,436
First time I hear it, if it is true it's indeed new, unless they just flag return abusers.

Okay, at least this is official policy in US, it can take up to 30 days but only based on method of payment, not item value. Again, this is officially disclosed information.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=GKQNFKFK5CF3C54B
1695677861350.png
Wrong again....it is indeed item value not method of pay. I have not been flagged as a return abuser. Weird but your hokie link took me to no policy.

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #57,048 of 62,436
Amazon is collecting short term interest on the funds. Not a banker here, they should make it 6 months. Amazon returns is massively abused across the board. 👍
Collecting interest seems like a fair trade for a generous return policy. Not sure about return abuse though. Don't offer returns if you don't want returns. Presumably they've decided the return policy leads to higher sales. Zero sympathy from me.

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #57,049 of 62,436
I am pretty sure you don't know as much as you act like you do!

Screenshot 2023-09-25 213735.png
There is absolutely no any disclosure anywhere I could find that specify $300 as a limit to push you to 30 days. "Up to 30 days" is the standard, regardless of item price, sometimes it takes longer, sometimes shorter depending on shipping time, return processing time due to holidays returns, etc., they leave some room for themselves.
This is standard official policy.
What rep is told you is just made up on a spot excuse, next time ask him to forward you the link to that policy.

And there is absolutely no reasons for personal attacks even if you disagree on something. Happy listening.

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #57,050 of 62,436
Individual list, yes, but to navigate in the ocean of all these IEMs to at least get idea what is good or not people usually cross reference lists from Crinnacle, Precog, Antroid, and few other seasoned IEM reviewers. Not finding Hifiman IEMs on these lists or locating them somewhere at the very bottom is very telling on where the brand stands in IEM space. And no, I haven't owned or listened all IEMs under the sun, you can click on my profile to check my current and previously owned gear if so curios.
I am connecting a lot of dots. Not to take anything away from any of these reviewers, but again it is their subjective opinion and if it isn't on their list I am not seeing your point. Maybe sim racing is more your thing, I don't know.

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #57,051 of 62,436
There is absolutely no any disclosure anywhere I could find that specify $300 as a limit to push you to 30 days. "Up to 30 days" is the standard, regardless of item price, sometimes it takes longer, sometimes shorter depending on shipping time, return processing time due to holidays returns, etc., they leave some room for themselves.
This is standard official policy.
What rep is told you is just made up on a spot excuse, next time ask him to forward you the link to that policy.

And there is absolutely no reasons for personal attacks even if you disagree on something. Happy listening.
Give up...again your link takes me nowhere. Thank God for the ignore button.

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #57,052 of 62,436
Give up...again your link takes me nowhere. Thank God for the ignore button.
I think it's because it's linked to user session, to get to the policy you need to log in.
Just google for "Amazon Refund Timelines - Amazon Customer Service"

Not sure why you got so worked up though, bad day? 🤷‍♂️

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #57,053 of 62,436
Per Amazon abuse, I could tell ya’ll stories. Right here on good old “are we there yet”, one guy last year was saying he bought and returned 32 TWS in 2022, and the year was not even half over. 😂. I‘ve seen guys say they’ll order 4-5, and (maybe-keep) one. Don’t know how Amazon can keep this up, apparently huge warehouses full of stuff. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t want to be a hypocrite, as some of my best deals have been open box at Best Buy, especially cameras. 👍

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #57,054 of 62,436
Another thing you can't do with wired iems is place the left piece at one end of a long table and the right piece on the other end. . . . So there's that

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #57,055 of 62,436
Sep 26, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #57,056 of 62,436
Well after a rough weekend emotionally. I did some retail therapy and picked up a pair of Jabra Elite 10. Probably going to regret it later as I bought at Brick and Mortar store so no returns...

Sound wise they are a big Improvment over the older models I have tried. Hoping I get the battery life mentioned by DHRME and the Teams features work well.

So far, comfort wise these are excellent and with the large tips I am comfortable I will be able to jog and exercise with them. I am sure once I compare I will find the sound quality behind my some of my other gear but if they can compete reasonably with the AZ80 I will be satisfied.

Looking forward to your impressions of the Jabra Elite 10, one of the few high end button controlled IEMs.
Their olive style tips refrain me from buying them full price, since the Samsung buds 2 pro don't fit me very well.
Their older model, the Jabra 75T fits like cinderella's shoe in my ears. They do require a hefty EQ adjustment to sound anything near neutral, but once there, they pack quite an enjoyable and extended sound to them. The only downfall is the lack of resolution and speed. Hope the Jabra elite 10 fixes that.

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #57,057 of 62,436
Looking forward to your impressions of the Jabra Elite 10, one of the few high end button controlled IEMs.
Their olive style tips refrain me from buying them full price, since the Samsung buds 2 pro don't fit me very well.
Their older model, the Jabra 75T fits like cinderella's shoe in my ears. They do require a hefty EQ adjustment to sound anything near neutral, but once there, they pack quite an enjoyable and extended sound to them. The only downfall is the lack of resolution and speed. Hope the Jabra elite 10 fixes that.
There are some things I really like about the Elite 10. The fit is odd to me, they don't feel like there is a seal like I am normally accustomed to, not only feeling the seal but needing a seal to obtain great sound quality. That said, they lay in your ear, it is different that Galaxy Buds 2 Pro. Regardless of how the seal feels, the ANC works and the sound is as good as I could hope to achieve from the Jabra. I am a mixed bag and while I said earlier I am going to return them, I decided to play with them a little longer.

Sep 26, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #57,058 of 62,436
Got my Jabra Elite Pro 10 yesterday and there are several things I like :
- ANC can be turned off completely (unlike with Bose)
- You can choose to pause music when you switch to Hear-Through (a Jabra "tradition" and it was also available on the Echo Buds 1 if memory serves)
- The buttons of course

What I don't like :
- No volume control that I could find (it'sdeir : it's ttere, see below)
- Little passive isolation so the ANC (pretty powerful indeed) has a lot of work to do and can't filter out "unexpected" sounds (only passive can really block these). As a result they don't filter as much overall as the el cheapo EarFun AirPro 2 (Airpod type) or Free Pro 2 (IEM type)
- Hear-Through gets confused when there are loud noises (or wind when biking). It "blocks" the noise, more or less switching to ANC, ok I suppose but then it does not go back to Hear-Through automatically AFAICT.
- The SQ is okish, nothing special
- The fit is ok but they don't feel very stable and oddly I get a sense of "occlusion" even though they're supposed to be semi-open, go figure !

On the fence :
- the Dolby "spatial sound" sounds a bit like the "Atmos" stuff on Amazon Music, not that interesting. I tried to see if somehow it made the Amazon "Atmos Mixes" better, but it just adds a layer of "effects" it seems.
- the Dolby "head tracking" option works well enough and is pretty weird, can't really see a use case but why not !

I haven't tried calls yet, but not worth the asking price compared to what you get with EarFun's TWS IMHO

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #57,059 of 62,436
Could anyone please share thoughts on Devialet Gemini 2 vs APP2 for use with an iPhone 15 please?

Only really care about sound quality.

Sep 26, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #57,060 of 62,436
Got mine too and there are several things I like :
- ANC can be turned off completely
- You can choose to pause music when you switch to Hear-Through (a Jabra "tradition" and it was also available on the Echo Buds 1 if memory serves)
- The buttons of course

What I don't like :
- No volume control that I could find
- Little passive isolation so the ANC (pretty powerful indeed) has a lot of work to do and can't filter out "unexpected" sounds (only passive can really block these). As a result they don't filter as much overall as the el cheapo EarFun AirPro 2 (Airpod type) or Free Pro 2 (IEM type)
- Hear-Through gets confused when there are loud noises (or wind when biking). It "blocks" the noise, more or less switching to ANC, ok I suppose but then it does not go back to Hear-Through automatically AFAICT.
- The SQ is okish, nothing special
- The fit is ok but they don't feel very stable and oddly I get a sense of "occlusion" even though they're supposed to be semi-open, go figure !

On the fence :
- the Dolby "spatial sound" sounds a bit like the "Atmos" stuff on Amazon Music, not that interesting. I tried to see if somehow it made the Amazon "Atmos Mixes" better, but it just adds a layer of "effects" it seems.
- the Dolby "head tracking" option works well enough and is pretty weird, can't really see a use case but why not !

I haven't tried calls yet, but not worth the asking price compared to what you get with EarFun's TWS IMHO
Wasn't 'press and hold' either of the side buttons on the elite 7 pros for volume control? Maybe it's the same for 10s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back