Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 20, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #56,701 of 62,460
Exactly... The reset to Natural is annoying. Once I reset it I had no issues.
Argh, I've reset mine twice and it still happens.
Also, no matter what I do, the Absolute Volume switch doesn't change anything. Not sure if it's me, or them. Blah.

EDIT: Wait, think it's working now. NICE.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #56,702 of 62,460
Also, no matter what I do, the Absolute Volume switch doesn't change anything. Not sure if it's me, or them. Blah.

I have found once the earbud volume is up they are too loud.

Sep 20, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #56,703 of 62,460
I have found once the earbud volume is up they are too loud.
So far so good.

Sidenote, I did check and don't see the discount in my account anymore for Devialet, but they did refund me the difference. If you can swing it, the Devialet GII are incredibly fun. Checks all the boxes for me except there's no volume controls on the buds. The stage is very open and airy with killer sub-bass. I'm thrilled they're smaller than the first gen. Very very pocketable form factor now. I'll be taking the DGII and one of the others to the office today to run through some paces.

Sep 20, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #56,704 of 62,460
Sep 20, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #56,705 of 62,460
Setting aside challenges of LDAC and focusing just on sound. Man do I love the sound of the Svanar Wireless. I wish they had just skipped the whole ANC/Ambient thing since these are meant for audiophile quality and their implementation of this functionality negates why someone would buy these. But I guess they are just trying to keep up appearances.

My advice to them would be to switch gears on the next version and go for full control (volume) functionality and drop ANC unless they figure out a way to incorporate it along with their best sound mode.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #56,706 of 62,460
So far so good.

Sidenote, I did check and don't see the discount in my account anymore for Devialet, but they did refund me the difference. If you can swing it, the Devialet GII are incredibly fun. Checks all the boxes for me except there's no volume controls on the buds. The stage is very open and airy with killer sub-bass. I'm thrilled they're smaller than the first gen. Very very pocketable form factor now. I'll be taking the DGII and one of the others to the office today to run through some paces.
Double tap and hold for the volume control…loving the sound with no eq so far and the case is surprisingly small.

Sep 20, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #56,707 of 62,460
Double tap and hold for the volume control…loving the sound with no eq so far and the case is surprisingly small.
Duuuuude! Thanks. I can't believe I missed that in the manual. Well, guess I can 😔.

Sep 20, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #56,708 of 62,460

Sorry I was texting on the fly at work and wasn't clear. The reset doesn't fix the eq selection not sticking I was referring my eq not functioning correctly. All is good.

What ever you do press and hold to right bud to ensure volume is maxed, but I think absolute volume may be the ticket

Sep 20, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #56,709 of 62,460
Yes, as you can get used to the sound.
Other than that, the effect is unmeasurable.
I’ve made the opposite argument to burn-in stuff, in the water cooler thread. Yes, DD’s are mechanical devices and will change over time. However, who’s to say they don’t actually get worse. Also, the variability (repeatability) in the manufacturing process from driver to driver, probably far exceeds any perceived differences in Burn-in.,. They’re nuts over at the (water cooler) and talk religiously about cable burn-in.
Arrgh……

Sep 20, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #56,710 of 62,460
Can any Devialet G2 owners do an A/B comparison with G1? I loved the sound of G1, but found that for all its detail it was somehow missing something, what I'll call body. Almost like looking at a very detailed holograph of something instead of the real thing. I'm not expecting Svanar-like sound but I'm wondering if the improvement in sound quality is really noticeable.

Sep 20, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #56,711 of 62,460
Can any Devialet G2 owners do an A/B comparison with G1? I loved the sound of G1, but found that for all its detail it was somehow missing something, what I'll call body. Almost like looking at a very detailed holograph of something instead of the real thing. I'm not expecting Svanar-like sound but I'm wondering if the improvement in sound quality is really noticeable.
I have both and I get were you are coming from . I have to really eq and tip roll the G1 to get more body to the mids …Now the G2 is a different beast altogether…Stock medium tips and no eq and the sound is really balanced ( from bass to minds and treble) with terrific sub bass and still keeping the great soundstage from the G1. I think Devialet have done an excellent job with the stock tuning on the G2.

Sep 20, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #56,712 of 62,460
Have to be honest, using the Jabra Elite 10 right now and I'm incredibly impressed by them. If you're a Jabra fan, these are excellent. Listening to a lot of Maiden today with them and Harris' galloping bass and Nicko's drums sound great. Nice upgrade for sure. Better than the Devialet GII or the AKs? I'm not entirely sure yet. Don't think so, but time will tell. Again, ANC is very good here at the office. Nice to drown out the annoying folks.

Sep 20, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #56,713 of 62,460
Have to be honest, using the Jabra Elite 10 right now and I'm incredibly impressed by them. If you're a Jabra fan, these are excellent. Listening to a lot of Maiden today with them and Harris' galloping bass and Nicko's drums sound great. Nice upgrade for sure. Better than the Devialet GII or the AKs? I'm not entirely sure yet. Don't think so, but time will tell. Again, ANC is very good here at the office. Nice to drown out the annoying folks
Only SBC and AAC?

Sep 20, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #56,714 of 62,460

Users who are viewing this thread

Back