Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 12, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #56,446 of 62,469
Would actually like to hear these. The reviewer seems to be against them based on price, but then states that the case doesn't have wireless charging (it's described as supporting Qi multiple times on the Devialet website) and erroneously lists "no touch-control for volume" as a major con (the website lists "Double Press and Hold" as the gesture to control playback volume).
He also said "Slight lack of midrange fidelity." This is the exact single weaker point of gen 1's sound.

He also said 5 hour battery life. Inexcusable these days, especially at that price, but I do not doubt him given gen 1's 4 hours.

I very much agree with @clerkpalmer, these are going to fall hard. Such a shame. They put such a good effort into gen 1 and I expected more of the same.

Maybe they're still smarting from the pain of gen 1's disastrous rollout and somehow wanted to play it safe this time?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #56,447 of 62,469
Interesting. They're up on the Devialet site. https://www.devialet.com/en-us/true-wireless-earbuds/ I only see mention of a single driver

You know, while I truly love the Svanar wireless, I really wish I could pull down the treble. Some albums are too much for me. Probably effed up my ears years back.
Interesting. I haven't noticed any sizzle in the Svanar. That said I think my hearing loss is in the high frequencies so I'm usually boosting that area.

Sep 12, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #56,448 of 62,469
Sounds like some real miscommunication on the marketing front. How does someone say this:

"When it comes to audio performance, the Devialet Gemini II truly shines. The earbuds feature a unique hybrid driver configuration, combining a dynamic driver and a balanced armature driver. This setup allows for a wide frequency response and excellent detail retrieval."

Sep 12, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #56,450 of 62,469
Before I could waffle again the DPPs are packed up and shipped. Started the warranty process for the MTW3 so hopefully will get them shipped and returned in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I will use the AZ80 which are just fine.

@clerkpalmer I got my MTW3 back specifically because it works so good in the wind. The XM4 had a wind mode as well and it was not as good in my use. I hear the XM5 no longer has a wind mode feature and Sony claims it doesn't need one. I have seen a few reviews that suggest it is wind resistant but not perfect. So hard to say if it's as good as the MTW3.

Glad to just make the decision on the DPP. I struggle if I waffle like that.

Sep 12, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #56,451 of 62,469
Interesting. They're up on the Devialet site. https://www.devialet.com/en-us/true-wireless-earbuds/ I only see mention of a single driver

You know, while I truly love the Svanar wireless, I really wish I could pull down the treble. Some albums are too much for me. Probably effed up my ears years back.
I find the treble right on the edge at times and listening to your track list a few pages back I totally get your wish to scale the treble back. It's fine with lots of music but any harder guitar heavy rock would start to be strident.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #56,452 of 62,469
Sounds like some real miscommunication on the marketing front. How does someone say this:

"When it comes to audio performance, the Devialet Gemini II truly shines. The earbuds feature a unique hybrid driver configuration, combining a dynamic driver and a balanced armature driver. This setup allows for a wide frequency response and excellent detail retrieval."
That article, and frankly everything on that Today's Esquire website, appears to be written entirely by AI to get clicks on search engines. The What HiFi review is for the first generation — reminds me that going from $220 for those ones to $450 for the new version is quite something... although to be fair $220 may be a clearance price, I think the originals launched at $400 going from memory.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #56,454 of 62,469
I guess it a skip or wait for price reduction. As someone said above, the upper division just get too lazy in the innovation department and just jack the price up.

Keep in mind these were designed due Nobles retailers demand from customers to get a Prestige version of the tws like they have for their TOTL (Also niche).

So not like Noble sat around a table thinking of ways to get more money out of the same product. But rather responding to customer request.

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #56,455 of 62,469
Before I could waffle again the DPPs are packed up and shipped. Started the warranty process for the MTW3 so hopefully will get them shipped and returned in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I will use the AZ80 which are just fine.

Sep 13, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #56,458 of 62,469
Hi and goodmorning everyone partecipating here .

I'm looking to upgrade my Marshall Mode II wireless iem ; I was minding about Sony or give Svanar a try ( unsure about timber and bass performance ),

Could anyone advice me any other solid or better 'flagship totl tws option in the ~500$ range?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #56,460 of 62,469
it looks like Devialet have a upgrade program for previous owners of the Gemini 1. Which comes with a 20% discount on the price of the Gemini 2. This is showing in my account with them.
Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? I don't have that and I bought the first gen direct from Devialet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back