Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 4, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #56,026 of 62,470
Sep 4, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #56,028 of 62,470
It is meant only for a select few lucky people :relieved: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Trust me, my ears are a complete PIA! :)
I struggle so much with IEM's / earbuds. No matter what tips / design they are they won't stay in with just tips.... seems also they have to be a certain kind of wing too now
The MTW3 fit perfectly and the wings work spot-on.

Sep 4, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #56,029 of 62,470
It is meant only for a select few lucky people :relieved: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
That might be true - one of the most comfortable IEMs for me 😄
Anyway, I was using the NTP with Spiral Dots, but recently decised to check the Azla Crystals Standard. Although the TWS version didn't work for me at all (funny enough these are great for my wired Dark Matter 😅), the standard ones are very good - just slightly less comfortable (still I can wear them for many hours, but after some time I start to feel little fatigue), but a bit improved clarity and smoothness at the same time. I like them a lot. Just wondering how they differ from the Max ones.

Sep 4, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #56,030 of 62,470
Trust me, my ears are a complete PIA! :)
I struggle so much with IEM's / earbuds. No matter what tips / design they are they won't stay in with just tips.... seems also they have to be a certain kind of wing too now
The MTW3 fit perfectly and the wings work spot-on.
Lol my wife is the same. She can't use regular IEM/TWS. She can only use something like Samsung Galaxy Buds Live. Maybe a bullet style IEM can fit because her ear concha is very very small. Me on the other hand, can fit most of IEM/TWS of any kind :ksc75smile:. Even a big a$$ IEM like the OG JH Roxanne can fit my ears.

Sep 4, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #56,031 of 62,470
Lol my wife is the same. She can't use regular IEM/TWS. She can only use something like Samsung Galaxy Buds Live. Maybe a bullet style IEM can fit because her ear concha is very very small. Me on the other hand, can fit most of IEM/TWS of any kind :ksc75smile:. Even a big a$$ IEM like the OG JH Roxanne can fit my ears.
Well, i got a couple weeks before return window closes i might spend the night tip-rolling just to see if any of the 20 or 30 sets of tips can fix them.
The stems/nozzles on these are a not really designed for circular tips as they're a wide oval shape but a little longer and have quite a sharp lip on them

The Sedna Crystal for TWS were definitely no good but i got my treasure chest of a bunch so worth spending a few more hours messing around just to be sure i can't get the depth/grip right.
Think i need shallower tips so the wings can nestle in the concha more fully to give that stability .. with the stock tips they stand too proud of my ear canals and the wings aren't sat in the concha properly leading them to work lose.
Left ear definitely feels closer to good with stock tips than right ear. Got plenty of Spinfit, final, spiral dots etc so will report back what worked in the end.

On the plus-sides of the earbuds - they do sound great and have nicely responsive touch controls with soft beeps which change in pitch for single, double and triple taps so you know how many taps you've done (i do like that on the MTW3's too) along with being customisable as to what each combo does

The ANC is strong too -- pretty much reduces the loud fan in my office to barely noticable noise

This is my headphone test playlist:

Sep 4, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #56,033 of 62,470
When I learned to stop trying to jam the DPP deep into my ear I did better. I have stepped down a wing size, but still use large tips.

I really wish I could have gotten a seal and fit with the MTW3, but they were a no go. I love the the OG and the MTW2, enough I sold my older brother on using the Senny's. Then he got the MTW3, loved the fit and sound, but the horrible build quality issues got him, not once but twice. He has moved on after a couple of returns and replaces. Kinda like a unreliable car that spends more time in the shop than on the road, great when it works but disappointing when it doesn't.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #56,034 of 62,470
I have been pretty lucky with fit, I have large conchas so larger TWS seem to fit as well as smaller ones. The MTW3 actually fit well for me. Hopefully DPP will be the same. The only time I struggle is if the tips don't go large enough, especially if the stem is oval shaped so don't work well with after market tips.

Sep 4, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #56,035 of 62,470
I have been pretty lucky with fit, I have large conchas so larger TWS seem to fit as well as smaller ones. The MTW3 actually fit well for me. Hopefully DPP will be the same. The only time I struggle is if the tips don't go large enough, especially if the stem is oval shaped so don't work well with after market tips.
It is actually works well with Moondrop Springtips that is made for round nozzle.
20230904_113311.jpg

Sep 4, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #56,036 of 62,470
Right! The Denon have an oval stem! LOL, I was thinking about the Galaxy Buds Pro 2 and the new Jabra Elite 10. Both companies seem to think everyone has small ear holes as their large tips are darn near the size of most companies medium.

I do happen to have a few large oval shaped tips from the JBL line up kicking around so can try them if the Denon tips don't go large enough.

I like oval designs in general. But when they combine them with a short stem (Samsung) it is almost impossible to find alternative tips. The Denon look longer so should be able to take some after market tips.

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #56,037 of 62,470
Well, disappointingly the DPP's are a non-starter for me. The wings (either included size) just don't hold well enough for me on my right ear. Left isn't bad but right is barely holding in.
They sounded lovely during the setup and testing and are ok when i'm sat really still but even walking they work loose within a few minutes.
Sending them back and sticking with the MTW3's which are immovable once fitted
I'd love to see a picture of how they are supposed to fit.

In other news, returning my MTW3. They are not comfortable buds and the fit is pretty fussy. I don't like tip rolling. ANC is weak sauce. Just not for me. Only thing I liked was wind mode. On to the next ....

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #56,038 of 62,470

In other news, returning my MTW3. They are not comfortable buds and the fit is pretty fussy. I don't like tip rolling. ANC is weak sauce. Just not for me. Only thing I liked was wind mode. On to the next ....
Everyone’s ears are different I guess. I’ll agree that with the stock tips the ANC isn’t impressive. With Comply foam tips for me they are super comfy and snug, and block out Etymotic levels of noise.

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #56,039 of 62,470

Everyone’s ears are different I guess. I’ll agree that with the stock tips the ANC isn’t impressive. With Comply foam tips for me they are super comfy and snug, and block out Etymotic levels of noise.
Completely different experience with mine. Perfect fit and seal with the large Devialet Gemini tips. ANC is cuts more than my B&W and probably comparable to my AZ80. MTW3 are also seemingly better than the Sennie M4 cans I just stupidly bought because they released a special edition and I wanted something different. But I'll chalk that up to better passive isolation with the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back