Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 24, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #55,666 of 62,436
They used bluetooth for phone and usb link adapter for pc and ps5
I understand that BT only for communication with on phone app and PC USB adapter is actually used to establish proprietary "link protocol", just like Logitech in older days used proprietary comms for their peripheral requiring USB dongle.

Aug 24, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #55,668 of 62,436
I understand that BT only for communication with on phone app and PC USB adapter is actually used to establish proprietary "link protocol", just like Logitech in older days used proprietary comms for their peripheral requiring USB dongle.
I don't think so. It said they can little to music from other source and while connecting with the ps5 via the usb link which suggest they can use without the ps5 for music and their sony app can connect with the earbuds like the xm5.

Aug 24, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #55,669 of 62,436
$500 is peanut to mainly those who spend $1000s on IEMs. Strictly TWSnusers don't see as peanuts
I’m in the latter category and I certainly don’t see $500 as peanuts for TWS. Especially if I can find a quality set for 1/2 the price. As is the Svanarr is 25% higher than my B&O EX… and those are already a pretty pricey TWS

Just because I can spend big money on one thing doesn’t mean that I’ll blindly throw money on products from audiophile approved brands. Come on.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #55,670 of 62,436
I don't think so. It said they can little to music from other source and while connecting with the ps5 via the usb link which suggest they can use without the ps5 for music and their sony app can connect with the earbuds like the xm5.
To get their lossless Pulse Link audio you need adapter. BT can still be used for calls as it seems and must supports other lossy protocols like SBC, but not new Sony proprietary format.
https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...e-player-to-launch-later-this-year-at-199-99/
Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore can simultaneously connect to a PlayStation Link supported device (PS5, PC, Mac, or PlayStation Portal) and a Bluetooth supported device. For example, Pulse Explore can be connected to PS5 (via the USB adapter) using PlayStation Link and also to a mobile phone through Bluetooth at the same time. While playing on PS5, gamers can instantly answer a call and hear it through the same Pulse Explore earbuds.

Aug 24, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #55,671 of 62,436
Aug 24, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #55,672 of 62,436
I love how the Soundcore VR P10 implement their multipoint connections. I connected it to my phone via bluetooth and my pc via the dongle. If there is a phone call, I can still hear the music from my pc and take the call at the same time although the sound is mixed down to mono and not high quality, but in gaming context, it means you can still hear your game sound and take a phone call simultaneously. I hope Sony also do something like this for their new gaming TWS.

Aug 24, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #55,677 of 62,436
The Svanar are the best all-around sounding TWS I have heard. It doesn't mean it isn't without faults and believe me I am one of the most critical dudes around. Again, if tons of features, an app and God-Tier ANC are your main priorities, maybe look elsewhere. I have others I use for different purposes, but when I want to listen to music, I grab them first.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #55,678 of 62,436
The Svanar are the best all-around sounding TWS I have heard. It doesn't mean it isn't without faults and believe me I am one of the most critical dudes around. Again, if tons of features, an app and God-Tier ANC are your main priorities, maybe look elsewhere. I have others I use for different purposes, but when I want to listen to music, I grab them first.
That's what separates TWS from Wired IEMs is the the tech and features behind it. Someone else might tell you if sound is you main priority, to look elsewhere, like at wired IEMs. But for me sound is priority for a TWS as they intrigue me more than wired IEMs

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #55,680 of 62,436
That's what separates TWS from Wired IEMs is the the tech and features behind it. Someone else might tell you if sound is you main priority, to look elsewhere, like at wired IEMs. But for me sound is priority for a TWS as they intrigue me more than wired IEMs
I was talking about TWS and my best in sound for a TWS. This has nothing to do with wired. If you asked me about the most feature rich, best app or ANC my answer would be different, possibly for each category. None of this has anything to do with a wired IEM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back