Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 24, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #55,636 of 62,472
My babies have come home!

Sometimes you don't know what you have until you miss it...

Fortunately my friend was willing to take another TWS instead.

For all my use cases and sound preferences these really are the right TWS for me.

Super snug and comfy in my ears, great sound, and best wind ANC TWS I have tried.
16928977232446229562161347553547.jpg

Aug 24, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #55,637 of 62,472
My babies have come home!

Sometimes you don't know what you have until you miss it...

Fortunately my friend was willing to take another TWS instead.

For all my use cases and sound preferences these really are the right TWS for me.

Super snug and comfy in my ears, great sound, and best wind ANC TWS I have tried.
Yup. The ANC in my opinion isn’t the best, but put a good set of tips on them and that can definitely change. I also think they sound great. I’ll be using mine here shortly after work.

IMG_1451.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #55,638 of 62,472
Aug 24, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #55,639 of 62,472
I had the MTW3 twice in the last few months, but had to return, because twice the left earphone made crackling noises when anc was on. But man do I miss them... Great sound (especially with the new sound profiling - even the bass was somehow becoming more powerful than NTPs), very comfortable. Cmon, bring me MTW4 with better QA. Or maybe it's just me having so much bad luck with them.

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #55,640 of 62,472
Pretty interesting. Kind of surprised Audeze would sell out to Sony. I wonder if they have been struggling financially. They haven't really had a "WOW" product in a while.
Yep, MM-500 was quite a lackluster comparing to LCD-X. We had more talks about decade old LCD-X yet another 2021 revision than the brand new model.

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #55,641 of 62,472
10x, really? I have lost track of the number of wired IEMs that I have (current rotation is Oracle, Quintet, Penon 10th Anniversary, Seeaudio Midnight, TFZ Live X) and can pair with a DAP (R6 Pro II) or dongle DACs (including iFi Go Pods, RU7, RU6, UA5, and W2). I also have several BT dongles (BTR5, BTR7, G5 among those in current rotation). I also have quite a few TWS (current rotation includes XM5, MTW3, 3ANC, Mystique). Wired sounds better that TWS whether that is wired to a dongle DAC or a BT DAC. But the same wired IEM tethered to a dongle DAC does not sound 10x better than to the BTR5 or BTR7 or G5.

Also almost all (not all) of my wired IEMs sound better than any of my TWS, but I wouldn’t say 10x. And after I am getting into the audio I would be hard pressed to say I notice…
Hyperbole at its best. 10x - no way. 2x - doubtful. I have it at 1.3763456 times precisely.

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #55,642 of 62,472
I was using single device when testing 990. At that setting bothe AZ80 and Svanar had major issues withe microwave at home and occasional issues with wifi in my basement. But the svanar suffered more than the AZ80.

When using best effort they both could mostly withstand the microwave and the AZ80 has no issues with the wifi in the basement. The Svanar on the other hand has had 1 or 2 instances of issues with wifi in the basement.

So the Svanar do have a bit more issues with LDAC but I find them good most of the time. But with great costs come high expectations. So I could see people frustrated by issues.

Having said that the real value on the Svanar is in their chain inside the TWS when using their highest performance mode which works with any codec.

In that vein, if I have the Svanar set to ldac and AZ80 set to ldac, both at best effort. The Svanar is more detailed and vibrant than the AZ80 if both are set to their best sound options. The same happens using AAC or SBC. Bottom line is the Svanar at its highest quality sounds better than the AZ80.

But it takes a big hit when you switch it to ANC/Ambient losing 20-30% volume and some of the dynamics. The challenge is the change is stark in comparison to the AZ80 when it goes from non-ANC to ANC. But this is partially because the AZ80 doesn't sound nearly as good in its best mode so it sounds very similar in either mode. But again, with great cost come great expectations. So for the buyer the massive change may be enough for them to say no thanks...
Good post. Well said. Svanar are inexplicably and criminally underrated. It boggles my mind that the Noble get all sorts of praise and love but the Svanar doesn't. Both are excellent. One of life's mysteries I guess. One person has apparently convinced this entire board that the Svanar has an LDAC problem. It doesn't.
The same person claims his ears can pick up differences between LDAC and Aptx. Color me skeptical. These are some mighty golden ears. I'd love a double blind test on this.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #55,644 of 62,472
Good post. Well said. Svanar are inexplicably and criminally underrated. It boggles my mind that the Noble get all sorts of praise and love but the Svanar doesn't. Both are excellent. One of life's mysteries I guess. One person has apparently convinced this entire board that the Svanar has an LDAC problem. It doesn't.
The same person claims his ears can pick up differences between LDAC and Aptx. Color me skeptical. These are some mighty golden ears. I'd love a double blind test on this.
I need to get off my butt and write my review. A levelheaded review helps offset negative comments and set proper expectations.

Aug 24, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #55,646 of 62,472
I'd guess the Bose are out any day now.

1692906987730.png

Aug 24, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #55,647 of 62,472
Pretty interesting. Kind of surprised Audeze would sell out to Sony. I wonder if they have been struggling financially. They haven't really had a "WOW" product in a while.
Not sure sell out is the right word. 80% of the planet knows the word Sony, while .0002% ever heard of Audeze.. This open a much larger market for them. 👍

Aug 24, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #55,648 of 62,472
I don't doubt @Gillypro had a poor experience but I think the repeated bashing was heavy handed and misleading.
Nah nah Nah. It was not just a poor experience but I had high expectations for shelling out $500. Bought the Beoplay at $400, Bam works with no issues. Shelled out $330 or so for the Nura and Denon, Bam they work. $350 for the Noble Fokus Pro, Bam they work. The point is if I'm willing to spend on high end TWS for a high price, they should work. With the Svanar, I liked the SQ but selling it with issues they knew from the start is what got me frustrated. They even disclaimed interference from "Electromagnetic Environment". I understand it is caused with the components inside too but they could of at least remedied it somehow or even just lessen the instability.Maybe included BT 5.3, an app for a firmware fix or a different high bitrate codec instead of LDAC.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #55,649 of 62,472
Nah nah Nah. It was not just a poor experience but I had high expectations for shelling out $500. Bought the Beoplay at $400, Bam works with no issues. Shelled out $330 or so for the Nura and Denon, Bam they work. $350 for the Noble Fokus Pro, Bam they work. The point is if I'm willing to spend on high end TWS for a high price, they should work. With the Svanar, I liked the SQ but selling it with issues they knew from the start is what got me frustrated. They even disclaimed interference from "Electromagnetic Environment". I understand it is caused with the components inside too but they could of at least remedied it somehow or even just lessen the instability.Maybe included BT 5.3, an app for a firmware fix or a different high bitrate codec instead of LDAC.
Svanar at $250, coming to a store near you…. At this price, sure I’ll put up with connection issues, subpar ANC and all the other stuff…. Top sound only, can’t demand a premium…. Let’s see what Black Friday brings….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back