Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 23, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #55,591 of 62,452
I was looking as I remember sometime ago there were some reports on this. I have the twx9 that is my main unit. For some reason the right bud started not to charge and now it's completely empty. I already did the reset but does not work, does anyone had this issue that was able to solve? Thanks

Aug 23, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #55,592 of 62,452
Can anyone recommend a good TWS that works with iPhone other than Airpods? Looking for my mother-in-law as she wants a set but doesn't want to spend a fortune. Just need ANC, transparency mode and half decent sound. Also need to be easy for her to use as she's in her 70's and wants them for in the garden.

Thanks in advance
I highly recommend the Soundcore Liberty 4 NC. They are a very polished product for $100. Very easy to use, great ANC, and they have great sound for older ears. By that I mean they have clear dynamics, especially once she uses the built in hearing test. Also, stem design is usually better for casual users.

Aug 23, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #55,593 of 62,452
I flew early this year and brought my ER4XR. I can say that with the foam tips, I was able to block the majority of cabin noise, babies screaming and jet engine rumbling. Once I started playing music, I heard nothing BUT the music.

I don’t dare wear anything Etymotic when I’m a pedestrian.
Good earplugs really are a thing, and it sounds like the Ety do it for you. I am turned off by the form factor and required deep insertion, so for people like me these are a no go. But I am really happy they work for you and others.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #55,594 of 62,452
I highly recommend the Soundcore Liberty 4 NC. They are a very polished product for $100. Very easy to use, great ANC, and they have great sound for older ears. By that I mean they have clear dynamics, especially once she uses the built in hearing test. Also, stem design is usually better for casual users.
I have them and agree they are quite comfortable and the SQ is good. I don’t find the ANC to be all that great, but for the price they are hard to beat.

Another good sub-$100 option is the EarFun Air Pro 3.

Aug 23, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #55,595 of 62,452
I could 100% tell the difference between aptx HD and SBC on my NTP. APTX had better stage, better shine to the sound.

SBC just seems flat and stinky.

Between HD and regular aptx I'm not so sure. Been testing on my recently delivered PerL Pro and can't say I notice much.
The only thing that really noticeable for me when switching between AAC, AptX and AptX adaptive is the delay when playing game like Dota2. AptX adaptive is tolerable for me (not a pro gamer) while the other two is pretty horrible delay wise. For me, a stable 320kbps with low under 100ms delay is more than enough to enjoy listening to music and playing games.

Aug 23, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #55,596 of 62,452
The only thing that really noticeable for me when switching between AAC, AptX and AptX adaptive is the delay when playing game like Dota2. AptX adaptive is tolerable for me (not a pro gamer) while the other two is pretty horrible delay wise. For me, a stable 320kbps with low under 100ms delay is more than enough to enjoy listening to music and playing games.
For me, once you experience LDAC to Aptx Lossless. SBC and AAC is too low of quality for me

Aug 23, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #55,597 of 62,452
For me, once you experience LDAC to Aptx Lossless. SBC and AAC is too low of quality for me
For SBC, it really is still kind of suck until now, it works fine for bluetooth speaker but for TWS, it is quite bad and I can hear the compression it makes to the song. For AAC, it is not bad even on android. I can still hear some compression but it is not as bad as SBC imho. I have tried LDAC and while it is good, but I am willing to compromise for a lower latency for now. AptX adaptive is good enough for me as of now. I have also tried the Soundcore VR P10 and it has the best latency for wireless TWS and possibly sound too but I couldn't find how much bitrate it has. I believe it uses 2.4Ghz connection when connected to the dongle.

Aug 23, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #55,598 of 62,452
Can anyone recommend a good TWS that works with iPhone other than Airpods? Looking for my mother-in-law as she wants a set but doesn't want to spend a fortune. Just need ANC, transparency mode and half decent sound. Also need to be easy for her to use as she's in her 70's and wants them for in the garden.

Thanks in advance
I have Soundcore’s 3 pro, and have had no issues with iPhones…. It drops under $100 often. I also find the fit to be good with the supplied tips…

Aug 23, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #55,599 of 62,452
For SBC, it really is still kind of suck until now, it works fine for bluetooth speaker but for TWS, it is quite bad and I can hear the compression it makes to the song. For AAC, it is not bad even on android. I can still hear some compression but it is not as bad as SBC imho. I have tried LDAC and while it is good, but I am willing to compromise for a lower latency for now. AptX adaptive is good enough for me as of now. I have also tried the Soundcore VR P10 and it has the best latency for wireless TWS and possibly sound too but I couldn't find how much bitrate it has. I believe it uses 2.4Ghz connection when connected to the dongle.
Aptx Lossless is the holy Grail of Bluetooth codecs currently. Best detail retrieval, lowest atency as it is built of aptx adaptive and CD like audio quality. And best stable connection

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #55,600 of 62,452
Aptx Lossless is the holy Grail of Bluetooth codecs currently. Best detail retrieval, lowest atency as it is built of aptx adaptive and CD like audio quality. And best stable connection
Not many phones support it right now and that is a problem but hopefully more phones or bluetooth adapter start to adapt it soon. I do have Denon Perl Pro that support AptX lossless.

Aug 23, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #55,601 of 62,452
Not many phones support it right now and that is a problem but hopefully more phones or bluetooth adapter start to adapt it soon. I do have Denon Perl Pro that support AptX lossless.
Qualcomm is going to release a gen 2 s3 dongle which advertises 20ms latency and snapdragon sound. Last I checked Gen 2 S3 architecture supports Aptx Lossless but haven't heard if it will be included in the dongle

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #55,602 of 62,452
Good earplugs really are a thing, and it sounds like the Ety do it for you. I am turned off by the form factor and required deep insertion, so for people like me these are a no go. But I am really happy they work for you and others.
Yup, some hate the fit, I don’t mind at all and actually think they are the most comfortable IEM I’ve ever used. Since they are bullet style the only thing that touches your ear is the tips themselves. No pressure from a large housing or anything. They kind of just float in your ears and after a little while you hardly even notice them.

Aug 23, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #55,603 of 62,452
Qualcomm is going to release a gen 2 s3 dongle which advertises 20ms latency and snapdragon sound. Last I checked Gen 2 S3 architecture supports Aptx Lossless but haven't heard if it will be included in the dongle
I would definitely be buying those dongles when it came out.

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #55,604 of 62,452
Looking throughout this thread, Svanar is not that popular, only few people seem to own it, and we don't even have separate thread on one in this subforum.
Why, is it mostly the price or some other reason?

EDIT: Actually found the thread with just few posts.
A bit harsh but the actual user experience based review, might actually sum up what the problem is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back