Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 22, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #55,576 of 62,744
Unless you have the same TWS supporting both codecs to compare, it's apples vs oranges.
In theory max 1,200kbps for AptX lossless has more potential bandwidth than 990kbps LDAC (assuming you forced Audio quality in Developer settings, otherwise it's just 660kbps), so yes, the theoretical potential is there, will you easily hear it on TWS, not so sure.
Would be interesting to test that on some BT dongle with some TOTL resolving IEMs when we get wider adoption of this new standard.
Glad we have some new development in BT Audio space to improve on sound quality.

Compared to the early days of Bragi Dash being the best out of an handful of options and Bluetooth was bad for SQ we’ve come a long long way. And I was an early backer of the Dash!

Aug 22, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #55,577 of 62,744
Unless you have the same TWS supporting both codecs to compare, it's apples vs oranges.
In theory max 1,200kbps for AptX lossless has more potential bandwidth than 990kbps LDAC (assuming you forced Audio quality in Developer settings, otherwise it's just 660kbps), so yes, the theoretical potential is there, will you easily hear it on TWS, not so sure.
Would be interesting to test that on some BT dongle with some TOTL resolving IEMs when we get wider adoption of this new standard.
Glad we have some new development in BT Audio space to improve on sound quality.
My phone has snapdragon sound high speed link. Maxes out to 32bit 990kbps 96khz. I have tried developer mode. By default it says Best Effort but when selecting it to Prioritize Audio Quality, there is no quick pause like you would get when switching from 330-660-990kbps. It is just there at 990 automatically. When I choose a lower bitrate, it does pause the audio to transition to that bitrate

The Enco X2 has a better tuning sound compared to the Vivo TWS 3 Pro. The Vivo does get better detail retrieval than the Enco X2 when listening to Tidal due to like you stated that higher bitrate.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #55,581 of 62,744
Sounds more like a paid Qualcomm ad than anything substantial to be honest. "Your music will sound amazing in your Qualcomm lossless TWS"

Did seem like a shill piece, but hey he was wearing Denon Pearl Pros! 🤔

It's literally an ad sponsored by "Snapdragon Sound" (i.e. Qualcomm, aptx owners) per the video description (they should probably also use the word "advertisement" in the video but, idk, not unusual in youtube circles for "sponsored by" or "thanks to..." to pass as a disclaimer, although the "how to" pretext here seems particularly thin).

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #55,582 of 62,744
I could 100% tell the difference between aptx HD and SBC on my NTP. APTX had better stage, better shine to the sound.

SBC just seems flat and stinky.

Between HD and regular aptx I'm not so sure. Been testing on my recently delivered PerL Pro and can't say I notice much.

Aug 23, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #55,583 of 62,744
I could 100% tell the difference between aptx HD and SBC on my NTP. APTX had better stage, better shine to the sound.

SBC just seems flat and stinky.

Between HD and regular aptx I'm not so sure. Been testing on my recently delivered PerL Pro and can't say I notice much.
Ha!! Your sound is not unlike a sphincter, stinky and full of danger….

Ace Ventura…..

Aug 23, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #55,584 of 62,744
Can anyone recommend a good TWS that works with iPhone other than Airpods? Looking for my mother-in-law as she wants a set but doesn't want to spend a fortune. Just need ANC, transparency mode and half decent sound. Also need to be easy for her to use as she's in her 70's and wants them for in the garden.

Thanks in advance

Aug 23, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #55,585 of 62,744
Can anyone recommend a good TWS that works with iPhone other than Airpods? Looking for my mother-in-law as she wants a set but doesn't want to spend a fortune. Just need ANC, transparency mode and half decent sound. Also need to be easy for her to use as she's in her 70's and wants them for in the garden.

Thanks in advance
Beats Studio +?
A lot of TWS isn't complicated but if you want something that doesn't need a companion app to work, the AirPods and Beats is it.

Aug 23, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #55,586 of 62,744
LOL
android-meme-02.jpg.webp

There is a bunch of other memes here to take a break from TWS discussion.
But hope everyone is taking it in a humorous way as it should be.

And back to our main subject, what was that again?
2l9vks.jpg

Still my iPhone 14 Pro Max outperforms everything you throw at it...

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #55,590 of 62,744
I haven’t been on a plane since I was a child so I don’t know there, also haven’t been on a train in 8+ years, so I don’t know there either from personal experience. But from my experience my ER4SR definitely block out noise better, and I’m honestly not impressed by the ANC on the AirPods Pro 2, or the MTW3.

The air conditioner in my living room gets 99% blocked out by the ER4SR, and on quiet parts of music I hear only the slight ringing in my ears alone. On the AirPods Pro 2’s and the MTW3 on quiet parts of music I can still tell the air conditioner is running and it kind of ruins the experience. When I take the AirPods Pro 2 or MTW3 with me to something like Walmart to grocery shop I can hear all sorts of things that I wish ANC was better at blocking out.
I flew early this year and brought my ER4XR. I can say that with the foam tips, I was able to block the majority of cabin noise, babies screaming and jet engine rumbling. Once I started playing music, I heard nothing BUT the music.

I don’t dare wear anything Etymotic when I’m a pedestrian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back