Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 17, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #55,411 of 62,436
Understood, that's why "YMMV" is a ubiquitous phrase on head-fi.
So ASMR version is that good? It's actually available on Amazon.
Not sure about your Standard Max categorization though, granted we all hear differently but it's just way too different from everything I've heard myself and read about Max. But there are always better tips just around the corner, may be should give these new AMSR "wundervaffe" a try. :smile:

BTW, they look short, standard version is more like TWS, same as Max Standard though.

1692250205157.png

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #55,412 of 62,436
Just for reference, in case anyone cares, the Jabra Elite 85t TWS tips fit perfectly on the PerL Pros, and give a great deal.
Ordered some off Ebay and lemme tell ya, you saved the experience for me. PerL should have shipped with these tips. Can finally run with them with minimal adjustments, decently easy to seat, virtually eliminated the pain from the wing and the case closes fully.

I feel like there’s a tiny tiny bit of detail lost vs the Spinfit W1, but I can’t be sure and the fit is absolutely worth it. Still sound fantastic of course.

Aug 17, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #55,414 of 62,436
Ordered some off Ebay and lemme tell ya, you saved the experience for me. PerL should have shipped with these tips. Can finally run with them with minimal adjustments, decently easy to seat, virtually eliminated the pain from the wing and the case closes fully.

I feel like there’s a tiny tiny bit of detail lost vs the Spinfit W1, but I can’t be sure and the fit is absolutely worth it. Still sound fantastic of course.
I got these direct from Comply and I have the same experience. I used them on the original Nuratrue as well as the NTP/DPP. Far more sturdy than the packaged foam tips, and it really improves both the passive noise reduction and fit, eliminating the pain too.

Aug 17, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #55,416 of 62,436
Aug 17, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #55,419 of 62,436
Aug 17, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #55,421 of 62,436
This is the driver technology tws can offer that other can't.

I'm skeptical about how such a tiny driver is meant to produce any significant bass. But reports of other earbuds using mems is pretty positive.

Aug 18, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #55,423 of 62,436
This is the driver technology tws can offer that other can't

I'm skeptical about how such a tiny driver is meant to produce any significant bass. But reports of other earbuds using mems is pretty positive.

There are already several wired headphones with MEMs driver, just not many sources with the power configuration. I guess it's different but kind of akin to how electrostatic headphones require bias voltage? If it can be done in TWS doubtless there will be dongles/usb headphone cables.

I think if you took a BA driver and removed the coil and armature so it was just the diaphragm, it could be similarly thin? I wonder how much excursion they have compared to a microdynamic driver or small BA.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #55,424 of 62,436
More on xMEMS in this short TechRadar article. Apparently they have multiple speaker implementations, and Creative is using its Skyline DynamicVent that "offers vents to enable advanced adaptive noise cancelling."

I'm wondering if this tech might lead to a breakthrough in more spurious, higher frequency noise cancellation because, if the phase accuracy is indeed 7x what dynamic drivers deliver, then perhaps it will be able to spit out the inverted signal with enough phase accuracy to cancel the original. If so then this could not come quickly enough for me, as my performative and somewhat tone oblivious tween daughter has just discovered Taylor Swift.

Of course there is much more to ANC than the signal production, so I guess I shouldn't have my hopes up but one can dream!

correction: I just read on the xMEMS site that Skyline is a dynamic vent, not a driver, used for both ambient and spatial applications.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back