Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 15, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #55,366 of 62,472
Better or worse is highly subjective IMO. As long as the product is competent technicality wise, it's so hard to separate them. I also agree highly regarded sub $100 IEMs (match your signature) could easily rival the sound of higher end TWS. Again it really varies on individuals. Like, I didn't like Technics AZ60 & AZ40 at all, but others loved them. XM3 & XM4 are alright sonic-wise, but XM3 can never stay on my ears, and XM4 too bulky for long session. On the hand, Galaxy Buds Pro was pretty fun to me. At the end of day I prefer IEMs + BT hooks combo. YMMV.
Oh yeah, I agree (a) this is all subjective, and (b) BT hooks with your favorite IEM is really close to the ideal for sound and convenience - in my opinion! Now, if I could only get BT hooks with decent ANC and transparency mode I would be sold on never needing TWS. But for now when I want no wires and great sound, while sacrificing ANC and transparency mode, I reach for the iFi Go Pods.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #55,367 of 62,472
Better or worse is highly subjective IMO. As long as the product is competent technicality wise, it's so hard to separate them. I also agree highly regarded sub $100 IEMs (match your signature) could easily rival the sound of higher end TWS. Again it really varies on individuals. Like, I didn't like Technics AZ60 & AZ40 at all, but others loved them. XM3 & XM4 are alright sonic-wise, but XM3 can never stay on my ears, and XM4 too bulky for long session. On the hand, Galaxy Buds Pro was pretty fun to me. At the end of day I prefer IEMs + BT hooks combo. YMMV.
Something I have realised using some higher end wired buds and higher end tws is that the "better sound" doesn't always equal more enjoyment of the music.

Side by side the IMR BC 2023 beats the Noble Fokus Pro in edge details, bringing in more of the sound.

But the Fokus Pro is still 'full' sounding, coherent, technically wonderful and has a more colourful midrange.

TWS doesn't seem to struggle with things like soundstage and imaging, it's just the last 10-20% of the sound which is also the least Important % of the sound.

And even then, the cheap wired buds everyone is talking about don't have anything on the kilobuck range so it's hardly like they are the audiophiles dream anyway.

At the end of the day, music sound good.

Aug 15, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #55,368 of 62,472
Going back and forth between the ANW02 and PerL Pro. The ANW02 can reach up to a similar volume as the PerL Pro (High Gain OFF). The treble seems more refined on the ANW02 then what I generated on the PerL Pro, sounds more neutral on PerL. The bass is on the lower end frequency almost like the clear bass found on Sony XM TWS, definitely prefer the bass on the PerL. While the PerL Pro has an unbeaten Soundstage, the ANW02 is more focused on Imaging. Which does a very good job. Made a comment earlier that the instruments sound more lively, more engaging too the more I listen to them. Will still give instrument separation by a notch to the PerL Pro. A few findings comparing both. Will comeback with more
I received the Perl Pro today. Had to do a bit of fiddling with left ear to get a seal. Followed fellow traveler who noted in earlier thread that the Spinfit W1 did the trick for him and I happened to have some on hand. Excellent fit now. I just returned the Sony XM5s. The Sonys sounded pretty clean and competent and perhaps a bit better than my Bose Oasis, but I could never get much of an ANC response, even after trying tons of different tips. So they went back.

The Perl Pro is way more exciting and "large" sounding than the Sonys.

I did the custom ear hearing adjustment per the app and was very pleasantly surprised. On pop stuff they sounded clean, but perhaps a bit thick. But again, I just got them. I listened to some classical stuff and was really wowed, big time. The separation was fantastic. The highs were exceptionally clean. The mids sounded natural and not pushed and the bass went deep and clean. Maybe it's just the honeymoon phase, but these things will make walking the dog and chores a lot more fun. BTW, I have some fairly high end stuff, both headphone, iem, and speaker wise and the Denons hold up as quite well as super enjoyable and dynamic. I apologize if the above isn't super audiophile-speak, but I am only marginally fluent. Of course, your experience my vary.

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #55,370 of 62,472
I received the Perl Pro today. Had to do a bit of fiddling with left ear to get a seal. Followed fellow traveler who noted in earlier thread that the Spinfit W1 did the trick for him and I happened to have some on hand. Excellent fit now. I just returned the Sony XM5s. The Sonys sounded pretty clean and competent and perhaps a bit better than my Bose Oasis, but I could never get much of an ANC response, even after trying tons of different tips. So they went back.

I did the custom ear hearing adjustment per the app and was very pleasantly surprised. On pop stuff they sounded clean, but perhaps a bit thick. But again, I just got them. I listened to some classical stuff and was really wowed, big time. The separation was fantastic. The highs were exceptionally clean. The mids sounded natural and not pushed and the bass went deep and clean. Maybe it's just the honeymoon phase, but these things will make walking the dog and chores a lot more fun. BTW, I have some fairly high end stuff, both headphone, iem, and speaker wise and the Denons hold up as quite well as super enjoyable and dynamic. I apologize if the above isn't super audiophile-speak, but I am only marginally fluent. Of course, your experience my vary.
I been praising the Nuratrue Pro/Denon PerL Pro for a while now. If Pop Music sounds stiff, try different eartips with the personalized sound feature. You can get different tuning results. I made the Denon's sound more airy and clean with the Coreir Brass compared with other eartips I have. But I don't have the Coreir installed. Use TRN T tips instead

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #55,371 of 62,472

Try lowering the "immersion" a little bit. At 0, it is a bit too much for my liking. I play around at -1 and -2 depending on the song. I am using Moondrop Spring tips.

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #55,373 of 62,472
While I do like tws (in fact I have 6 pairs of tws) I strongly disagree with you... I have mtw3 and my $200 iem beat the crap out of it in terms of sq, my 1k iem are prob 15% better than the $300 pair, but man, even my sis who only uses airpods can easily say the $200 falcon ultra is way better than the mtw3.
Whatever you do, don’t go to the water cooler thread here on Head Fi and say that. These guys have invested in $4k cables and $6k IEM’s, they will string you up!!! 😀

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #55,374 of 62,472
Something I noticed when listening to classical on DPP, it has excellent depth but also height. I have never heard any TWS that can do this. And yes the spatial sound is turned off.

Aug 16, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #55,375 of 62,472
Decided to stop talking about it and have ordered the PerL Pro.

@Gilroypro did I remember you a few pages back recommending particular tips for them?

Used the spinfits on the NTP but have given those away on some tws I gave to a friend

Aug 16, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #55,376 of 62,472
Decided to stop talking about it and have ordered the PerL Pro.

@Gilroypro did I remember you a few pages back recommending particular tips for them?

Used the spinfits on the NTP but have given those away on some tws I gave to a friend
I can certainly vouch for the SednaEarfit Crystal for TWS -- they're much nicer than stock and better i found for seal than spinfit CP1025

Users who are viewing this thread

Back