Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 4, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #54,961 of 62,472
So reading the ANC is full time? Hmm. I usually need to disable ANC for cycling. I know there's a wind noise thing but at 15 to 20 mph most ANC buds generate feedback. Did I make a mistake? Tell me it will be ok
You can turn transparency and ANC off on them.

Aug 5, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #54,964 of 62,472
I see a lot of people on Amazon complaining about MTW3 build quality. One side stops working after a few months or wireless charging stops working. It made me a bit hesitant. Anyone deal with Sennheiser warranty support recently? Curious how it is
I had this exact same issue. Filled out the return form on their site, shipped them off and waited... 4 weeks later they came back with a brand new set. Box was slightly different, but they were definitely new. No problems since, so very happy.

BTW, the returns policy is 2 years, which is comforting.

Aug 5, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #54,965 of 62,472
They didn't hurt my ears but they also didn't stay in my ears. Like one of the worst fitting TWS I've had in a while. I'm surprised this isn't a bigger issue. The fit is really poor. When I use italics you know I'm not kidding.
Man, ears are so different. Yesterday I've had NTP for 8h in the office nonstop - no issues at all (using Spiral Dots). To me these are one of the most comfortable IEMs.

Aug 5, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #54,967 of 62,472
I had this exact same issue. Filled out the return form on their site, shipped them off and waited... 4 weeks later they came back with a brand new set. Box was slightly different, but they were definitely new. No problems since, so very happy.

BTW, the returns policy is 2 years, which is comforting.
Great to hear that Senn honour the warranty -- it's the key differentiator for me for a lot of companies -- just end up getting the runaround when you file a claim. But sounds like Senn do the right thing so really reassuring

Aug 5, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #54,968 of 62,472
Just switched from Xelastec which provide so much friction in the fit they're super sealed and great but they were a little on the deep side.
Bought some Spinfit CP1025's which are designed for TWS ... couple these with the wings and the MTW3 take on a seal and comfort level that is really amazing.
The shallower depth makes them so gentle on the ears. But they have enough friction on their material to grip nicely and seal really well.

Aug 5, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #54,969 of 62,472
So to those with the MTW3. Why use the personalized audio thing over using “sound check” where it creates an EQ while listening to music you’re familiar with?

I was in the AirPods Pro thread the other day complaining about a lack of an EQ on those, and now on the MTW3’s there is 3 separate ways to EQ. It’s kind of an EQ overload.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #54,970 of 62,472
Just switched from Xelastec which provide so much friction in the fit they're super sealed and great but they were a little on the deep side.
Bought some Spinfit CP1025's which are designed for TWS ... couple these with the wings and the MTW3 take on a seal and comfort level that is really amazing.
The shallower depth makes them so gentle on the ears. But they have enough friction on their material to grip nicely and seal really well.
You may lose passive seal so ANC as they are pretty thin, you could have gone with the denser AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal (TWS version also available), they worked well for me on the MTW3.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #54,971 of 62,472
You may lose passive seal so ANC pretty thin, you could have gone with the more dense AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal (TWS version also available), they worked well for me on the MTW3.
I have these and need to try them too.

Aug 5, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #54,972 of 62,472
Since many of us are talking about the Sennheiser MTW3, I decided to revisit them again, months later, for $168 off Amazon. I have to say, I'm amazed at what the firmware updates have done. Sound Personalization is incredible. Paired with High Resolution Audio mode, the sub-bass I'm managing to pull out of these things is awesome. I'm cranking up the new Metallica album and I think I see a little blood dripping from my eyes. Bravo Sennheiser. These are nowhere near what I remember when they first came out. The bass has lost all the mud I remember. ANC is still great. The XM5s are already a distant memory...

The below album sounds great too. Crank it up :metal:

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #54,973 of 62,472
Yeah but that's a different issue than being sweatproof.
Hence my comment. Sweatproof is if they can stand up to sweat getting on them not that they prevent sweating so that isn't part of the issue. How those TWS fit and seal are keeping the heat in and they have to take them out and let them dry. Or like with some earphone that have metal parts the heat from gym activities hits that and condensation forms and will build up moisture. Sweatproof means moisture can't go into the screen and get to the driver but doesn't mean it won't wick up in front of it and start to block the sound.

Aug 5, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #54,974 of 62,472
Since many of us are talking about the Sennheiser MTW3, I decided to revisit them again, months later, for $168 off Amazon. I have to say, I'm amazed at what the firmware updates have done. Sound Personalization is incredible. Paired with High Resolution Audio mode, the sub-bass I'm managing to pull out of these things is awesome. I'm cranking up the new Metallica album and I think I see a little blood dripping from my eyes. Bravo Sennheiser. These are nowhere near what I remember when they first came out. The bass has lost all the mud I remember. ANC is still great. The XM5s are already a distant memory...

The below album sounds great too. Crank it up :metal:
I’m enjoying mine as well. I don’t really understand what the sound personalization thing is doing and it’s weird to fine tune the sound with a big blue dot, but the end result sounds great and somehow better than just the 5 band EQ. I’m still fine tuning it a little, but it’s a good sound. Stock ear wing things fit me well, included small size tips fit me well as well.

Aug 5, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #54,975 of 62,472
They sounded fine a launch with no EQ and were the best I had heard to that point, now could be them or FW5's.
It was just the bugs (I would assume fixed by now as in the FW changelogs) and the fit is no good for me and many others as they are just too small, the Sports model is said to be a bit bigger and have larger wings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back