Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 3, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #54,846 of 62,437
My solution was to use both. Have my Gen1 SE846 on TW2 adapters and got a second set (Gen 2 is just one additional filter) to use "with wires" with my Qudelux 5K. I usually the SE846 Gen1/TW2 when doing things around the house but I actually end up using my wired SE846 Gen2/Qudelux 5K more as I find them more comfortable and don't really mind the cable. Convenience of TWS, especially with calls, can't be beat though.
I always clip my Q5K to the top of my shirt and use the built in mic. according to others I sound better than with TWS, since the mic is near / front of my mouth. Only annoying thing is cables are too damn long , with lightweight cables no problem but heavy ones cause me to have a v-neck shirt

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #54,847 of 62,437
I see my BTR7 as a less convenient but better quality setup than my TWS. It's usually my go to device for sessions >1h and where a DAP is not possible.
For example at work it's easier for me to manage than a full DAP as I connect my BTR7 to my laptop and runs tidal on the laptop.
Agree, I use the qudelix 5k though. Connected to computer through USB and then bluetooth to phone and tablet. Music streams from phone or tablet mostly... but if I get a phone call I take it unplug usb and clip q5k to my shirt so that it is like a typical lavelier mic. If and only if the call will be more than 10min. otherwise mic works fine while q5k lies on the desk

Aug 3, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #54,848 of 62,437
I bought the 1MORE ComfoBuds Mini for sleep IEMs and I'm surprised these don't get more traction here. I haven't been using them and just charged them up since the batteries had died and took them for a spin today on my commute. I usually use my XM4s and while the Sony's do sound better and have better ANC, these little guys really hold up well. Their sound quality to size and price ratio is really good! It was also nice to not look like I have Frankenstein bolts sticking out of my ears. If anyone is looking for a more discrete TWS, give these a try.

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #54,849 of 62,437
Somewhat off topic, but I just had a really great customer service encounter with Bose, thought I'd share.

A couple weeks back I bought a set of refurbished QCII's directly from Bose, discounted to $200 from the (then) $250 full retail price. Saving $50 and promised the refurbished units carried the full Bose warranty gave me some comfort, what could go wrong?

Within the last few days I've had numerous connection and pairing problems with the QCII's. They wouldn't find or connect with my iPhone 13, at least at first. Each time to fix this I'd need to do a full reset, annoying and just not right (once they finally connected there would be no problems until I tried them again the next day). So I reached out to Bose customer support to see what they had to say. What they had to say was send them back (they covered all the shipping costs) and they were sending me a brand new, non-refurbished set, and gave me the one year extended warranty, all at no cost to me.

The kind rep on the phone didn't hesitate, sympathized with my problem, not hoops to jump through, just immediate resolution. No question asked.

I gotta say, I've been enjoying the QCII's. They sound really good, and the ANC is brilliant, almost completely cancelling the loud, obnoxious "music" my gym insists on playing. The customer service help has pushed my respect for the product up a couple nothches more.

Aug 3, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #54,850 of 62,437
1 week with my qc ll's and everything fine. no connection problems except on the app that keeps on disconnecting. one thing I remember when I was using my mtw3 whenever i put back the earbuds back to the case and charge it always gets really hot. but this doesn't happen on the qc ll for now.

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #54,853 of 62,437
Not really the fairest comparison given the MTW3 is 1+ years older and typically $100 cheaper. That said, the MTW3 still performed extremely well against the supposed 'king'.
Thinking about upgrading my Adidas bike TWS. Is the MTW3 still a worthwhile buy at the asking price of $179?

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #54,854 of 62,437
Thinking about upgrading my Adidas bike TWS. Is the MTW3 still a worthwhile buy at the asking price of $179?
Many users had issues with qc on their units, me included. Everything's fine after an RMA but now I don't know when they will tamagotchi themselves again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back