Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 1, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #54,781 of 62,458
A few pictures hopefully it helps, they are bit shorter and angle varied a bit. The M2 are not as deep as the original. Tuning feels improved versus original. But when it comes to ANC the 60M1 with XL tips gave me better ANC than the M2; both both are better than the AZ80 and I think it comes from the shape and of course my ears 🙄.
So is it worth to replace A60 with M2 when the priority is sound and ANC? What else is new on the M2 apart from 3x multipoint?

Aug 1, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #54,784 of 62,458
I bought my XM5's today. I have to be honest, I think this might be the first time Sony has made TWS earbuds I actually like the sound of.
Like, they're not in my top 5 for sound by any means, but I thought the sound of the XM4's was... not good, not at all. The XM3's were not great either, zero soundstage, like a negative soundstage??? just in your head and nothing else, almost made me feel claustrophobic.
It's still not remarkable by any means, and out of the manufacturers that are popular these days, I find Sony to be the ones least focused on that aspect, but it's so much better.
These sound pretty clean, bass is somewhat snappy but sub-bass extension isn't especially great, but at least it manages to not be super mid-bass bloaty. Very non-offensive tuning, pretty much.
The fit at least for MY ears is fantastic (well, so far) while the XM4 was horrible for me, so as per usual... your mileage may very with that, some people say that the new ones are supposed to worse for fit... well, for my ears these are about 10x better.

Just based on first impressions, they're obviously not going to sound better than Mystique/Svanar/ZE8000/Nuratrue Pro/Aviot TE-Z1PNK's of the world, and possibly (probably) not even trouncing the QCII/Status Between 3ANC-range either, but I think it'll land somewhere after those if we're talking pure sound. But these are not just about sound so it's unfair to just compare them on that. But I haven't tested out much else so far so I will probably say more a little later on.

Edit:
Oh and yeah, the earbuds themselves, the design? Awful honestly. The XM4's at least looked a bit premium, these ones look like they're cheap Soundpeats earbuds or something. Slippery as all heck too.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #54,785 of 62,458
I gotta ask but why?

Sony and all the new buds have LDAC or lhdc and don't sound better than any of the "audiophile" models to date.

Unless you're thinking along the lines of a better codec being the last thing Noble could possibly do to improve sound.

Edit* I've eaten a sandwich and am less hungry now, you can want what you want. I'm not the codec police... although I'd be damn good at it
Of course higher bitrate codecs aren't gonna enhance the sound signature itself but the usually the higher the codec, the cleaner and better detailed the sound gets. I love my Noble Fokus Pro but always keep using my LDAC and Aptx Lossless TWS more as to me when going back to the Noble, the sound detail feels lessened. So yeah IMO, the higher codecs makes the sound a step up in some regard

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #54,786 of 62,458
I updated my 2 Sennhesier TWSM2’s and that combined with my new iPhone now has excellent sound.. What amazes me, but shouldn’t (it’s Sennheiser after all), is the consistency between the two devices. Jumping back and forth, I simply can’t tell the difference…. Great job Sennheiser! 👍

Aug 1, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #54,787 of 62,458
Aug 1, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #54,788 of 62,458
Of course higher bitrate codecs aren't gonna enhance the sound signature itself but the usually the higher the codec, the cleaner and better detailed the sound gets. I love my Noble Fokus Pro but always keep using my LDAC and Aptx Lossless TWS more as to me when going back to the Noble, the sound detail feels lessened. So yeah IMO, the higher codecs makes the sound a step up in some regard
Which phone do you use to achieve aptX Lossless? I’m considering moving away from Apple, but not sure how to tell for sure what has what?

Aug 1, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #54,789 of 62,458
Been reading the last pages of the thread and most discussion seems to be about Sony xm5 and competitors.
For somebody like me that's looking for something below 70€ what would you guys recommend? Is there anything like all those wired chifi items (Moondrop Chu, 7hz Zero, Crinacle collars in general, etc) in the wireless world?
Its for the gym and sport in general so it has to no drop easily when moving. Sound cancelation not needed,

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #54,790 of 62,458
Been reading the last pages of the thread and most discussion seems to be about Sony xm5 and competitors.
For somebody like me that's looking for something below 70€ what would you guys recommend? Is there anything like all those wired chifi items (Moondrop Chu, 7hz Zero, Crinacle collars in general, etc) in the wireless world?
Its for the gym and sport in general so it has to no drop easily when moving. Sound cancelation not needed,
Soundcore is pretty great for the price and you can tweak it with the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back