Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 29, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #54,721 of 62,436
And there’s the thing, we’re addicted to buying and enjoying many TWS.. It’s fun having multiple toys.. In the last year l’ve bought, Senn MTWS2’s $99, Technics 60’s $99, Bose Original QC’s, $129.00, Sony Linkbuds S $99, Soundcore pro 3 $89, and Soundcore pro 2 $49…. Quite a few more over the last few years.. I can easily afford it, but no way am I dropping $500 on this unit…. No sale….
I hear you about the hobby of trying new stuff!!!! It is fun and damned expensive even when buying stuff on sale!

I would not have bought the Svanar Wireless because of your exact reasoning (they are $630 or more Canadian). So extremely expensive. But since I do have them I can say I would have missed out on the best audiophile sound quality I have heard in a TWS, so am very grateful for that opportunity.

If you enjoy trying new stuff these are a huge expense just to try out. But if you have tried many TWS because you really have been looking for an audiophile experience in a TWS these will give that experience.

I personally will be keeping an all rounder in conjunction with these for when I really need top notch ANC or above average ambient mode. But these so far have been my most used TWS since I got them last week as it turns out at least when at home and bumming around local stores on vacation these are more than good enough with just passive noise isolation.

Jul 29, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #54,722 of 62,436
Well all I can say is you are missing out. Ignorance is bliss.
I have a question if you've heard the NTP.

Is the Svanar unique in the way it delivers and plays sound back like the Nura/Denon are? Or are they just a better clearer version of the sound we all know with Noble, Fiio and the rest.

What I mean is do they have something unique about their sound? Or is just 'better' quality of a familiar sound?

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #54,723 of 62,436

Is the Svanar unique in the way it delivers and plays sound back like the Nura/Denon are? Or are they just a better clearer version of the sound we all know with Noble, Fiio and the rest.

What I mean is do they have something unique about their sound? Or is just 'better' quality of a familiar sound?
I'd say the latter. They take the best of something like the Noble Fokus and dial it up a notch. I did have the NTP. They sound fantastic but they not at the level of the HFM.

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #54,724 of 62,436

To me the Svanar are just a better quality sound step up from other TWS. The NTP sound feel unique and separate from other TWS

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #54,728 of 62,436
After all this praise I am reading, the Svanar are on my radar!

However, I wonder if at some point the better choice would be to get something like the iFi Go Pods and put your preferred IEM on it? I have the Go Pods and must admit that the sound (mainly use the Aful Performer 5 with it now) surpasses the TWS I have had, though admittedly the best TWS I have is the Mystique which is quite good. The added benefit is that you can change out the IEM. Of course, the Go Pod is bulkier than a TWS…

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #54,729 of 62,436
I own the UTWS5 and am using it with the FH5 and fund the Svanar superior in sound quality. But the IEM is middle of the road for Fiio's lineup and may be out oerformed by many other IEM's
The UTWS5 may also be in the same boat. So the Go Pods might be a better adapter. But the Go Pods themselves are as much as the Svanar Wireless plus you need to pair with a good IEM, so it's a costly option. But you do get the added benefit of switching IEMs which would also be fun.

Jul 30, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #54,730 of 62,436
I have the FiiO Neckband so all the codecs bar aptX Adaptive and it is paired with FH3's, I also own FH7's but kept them wired but always meant to try them on the Neckband.

Some (me included) find the FH7 a touch dark.

Jul 30, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #54,731 of 62,436
I own the UTWS5 and am using it with the FH5 and fund the Svanar superior in sound quality. But the IEM is middle of the road for Fiio's lineup and may be out oerformed by many other IEM's
The UTWS5 may also be in the same boat. So the Go Pods might be a better adapter. But the Go Pods themselves are as much as the Svanar Wireless plus you need to pair with a good IEM, so it's a costly option. But you do get the added benefit of switching IEMs which would also be fun.
I think the Svanar is $500 USD, while Go Pods are $399 USD. Not exactly the same, but definitely close. But the real value proposition comes into effect if you already have a collection of good IEMs…

Jul 30, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #54,732 of 62,436
I think the Svanar is $500 USD, while Go Pods are $399 USD. Not exactly the same, but definitely close. But the real value proposition comes into effect if you already have a collection of good IEMs…
I use the Thieaudio Clairvoyance IEMs on Fostex TM2C adapters. They crush all my TWS.

Jul 30, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #54,733 of 62,436
And there’s the thing, we’re addicted to buying and enjoying many TWS.. It’s fun having multiple toys.. In the last year l’ve bought, Senn MTWS2’s $99, Technics 60’s $99, Bose Original QC’s, $129.00, Sony Linkbuds S $99, Soundcore pro 3 $89, and Soundcore pro 2 $49…. Quite a few more over the last few years.. I can easily afford it, but no way am I dropping $500 on this unit…. No sale….
It's fun having multiple toys, but fact of the matter is that you've bought several good earbuds when you could've bought one or two GREAT ones for the same cost.

But I'm not going to question anything, I feel like as with any other "addiction", we just enjoy the dopamine response of clicking that "buy" button, but also the excitement that we feel while waiting to unbox a new shiny toy when you still have the hope that THIS set of earbuds will be the ones that "change everything" and will give you pure musical elation and just aural bliss overall. Okay, maybe I'm slightly romanticizing being a shopping addict who buys things both because it's fun but also to distract from other less fun things in life.
But it does give some sense of pleasure in this chaotic ride we call life!
Some people buy luxury handbags to flaunt - but we might not care about what other people think, some people buy luxury cars but we might not have that kind of money. This is us treating our ears to a little level of luxury!

So in honest I think buying several cheaper earbuds is worse all in all, because it's usually not changing your experience all that much, just constant side-grades.
I'm obviously guilty of doing this as well as buying more expensive ones, but that's how I view it.

Jul 30, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #54,734 of 62,436
Also people.
I think the Aviot TE-Z1PNK might be the best-sounding earbuds I've heard when EQ'd properly (out of the box they sound weird) There's just something about them that I can't put my finger on, but the instrument separation is the best I've heard in a TWS, and it sounds like you can "hear the room" the tracks were recorded in. They sound very... Organic, I feel like.
The soundstage itself is not as large as the Svanar, and the sound can feel kind of "dry" in comparison to the Svanar, but it's supremely enjoyable. Vocals sound absolutely beautiful on them. The bass response is good and fast both with sub-bass and mid-bass, but doesn't quite "rumble" with the best of them like the Nuratrue Pro's for an example.
They sound EXCELLENT for electronic music, pop, indie-rock, ambient, and more vocal-focused music. They're very all-round overall and seems to be able to push out music that sounds good with mostly any genre.
They are not as sparkly in the treble region as some other earbuds, but for me it strikes the perfect balance of being able to provide good clarity without sibilance.

On top of that the ANC is actually really damn good and the transparency mode too. It's way better than something like the Nuratrue Pro's and Soundcore Liberty 4 etc, slightly below the Sony's and QCII's of the world.

I still wouldn't recommend people buy it though since the nozzle literally fell off as I changed eartips the first time. Some super glue fixed that though, but yeah you shouldn't have to do that. If I didn't order them from Japan I would return them and ask for a new pair, because it seemed like you couldn't just get a new pair, you had to send back the faulty pair and wait for them to accept the return etc.

Also need to say that the Hifiman Svanar is still growing on me. I find the bass response a bit tame, but they sound really nice for more organic music, music with real instruments.
Once again I feel like they do better with like indie/folk, classical, ambient electronic music, dynamic musical that is more subtle.
They are tuned decently out of the box but are not as easy to EQ as the Aviots in my opinion, I can usually drag the sliders in Wavelet quite a lot without hearing a huge difference. But for my taste I would lift up both the bass and the mids slightly.

It's not like either earbud is bad with any type of music FWIW, it's just that it does feel like they have their strengths and weaknesses.

Jul 30, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #54,735 of 62,436
I saw the Spinfit 360 recommended for the PerL Pro, but it seems like the W1 would be a better fit since it’s designed for larger buds. On a related note I have some leftover Spinfits (unknown model) that I could squeeze on the PerL nozzle.

Was it difficult to put on the 360 or do I just have smaller ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back