Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 18, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #54,361 of 62,434
Yeah, there came a time when I was at my most active here on this forum where I started questioning my choices regarding audio and what's important. I did have some fun with tip rolling, discovering and collecting gear. My Sonys fulfill the majority of my needs. That being said, I do fancy some new TWS iems - I have Sony xb700 and galaxy buds pro, and while they sound fine, the Sonys are fine but I use them for falling asleep and the galaxy buds are just cumbersome on an iPhone. I got them from my last employer with a Samsung S9 as work headphones, and I kept them when I changed jobs.

I'd like my next TWS to be multipoint and have good enough of a sound signature. I am very much biased towards balanced but bass capable signatures (if EQ:ed). I've thought about JBL Live Pro 2, but something tells me they aren't good. Do you think you'd know a suggestion for me?
There are sooooo many options now. I'd say scour the last few weeks of pages and you'll see the current ones we all love. Figure out what your budget is. Everyone has an opinion here but you'll see the new regime talked about often.

Jul 18, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #54,362 of 62,434
There are sooooo many options now. I'd say scour the last few weeks of pages and you'll see the current ones we all love. Figure out what your budget is. Everyone has an opinion here but you'll see the new regime talked about often.
I'll do that. Thanks

Jul 18, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #54,363 of 62,434
Ordered the Red magic DAO TWS. Aptx.com says it includes Snapdragon Sound w/Aptx Lossless and the RedMagic store on AliExpress advetises it with LHDC 5.0 and saw an unboxing saying both on the back box. 1st TWS I've seen that includes both top end codecs 👏
Do report back! I have my doubts about their sound outside of gaming, but the large graphene driver and uniquely cool aesthetic has piqued my interest

Jul 18, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #54,365 of 62,434
Updated my iPhone 6s, yes a dinosaur, to 13…. Good deal at $400 from AT&T. They have all colors and a boatload of them. Wonder what Apples earnings will be like with all these unsold iPhones?? Yikes 🧐
No headphones port anymore though unfortunately…
Oof.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230718-165903~2.png
    Screenshot_20230718-165903~2.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
Jul 18, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #54,368 of 62,434
anyone who uses their IEMs for desktop use know of any good way to get aptx codecs on windows? apparently it doesn't really support it natively so I still get a lot of latency.
Ya boi @helmutcheese will have the answers

Jul 18, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #54,369 of 62,434
Hi, Windows has supported aptX natively for a good while now (well before they added AAC), but you can use the 3rd Party driver to give you SBC (gives you tweaks) aptX (again but at least you can tweak it so set to 16/44.1 instead of 16/48), aptX HD and LDAC.

The performance of above will all depend on the strength of your device's BT Wireless; I have a PC+Intel AX210 (WIFI 6E/BT 5.3).

https://www.bluetoothgoodies.com/a2dp/

If latency is an issue (shouldn't be on aptX), see if your earbuds have a Gaming Mode as Windows does not support aptX LL and nor does many earbuds or even phones (I can use it via my FiiO BTA30 PRO and FiiO Neckband),

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #54,370 of 62,434
Hi, Windows has supported aptX natively for a good while now (well before they added AAC), but you can use the 3rd Party driver to give you SBC (gives you tweaks) aptX (again but at least you can tweak it so set to 16/44.1 instead of 16/48), aptX HD and LDAC.

The performance of above will all depend on the strength of your device's BT Wireless; I have a PC+Intel AX210 (WIFI 6E/BT 5.3).

https://www.bluetoothgoodies.com/a2dp/

If latency is an issue (shouldn't be on aptX), see if your earbuds have a Gaming Mode as Windows does not support aptX LL and nor does many earbuds or even phones (I can use it via my FiiO BTA30 PRO and FiiO Neckband),
Alternative A2DP driver works great. I am currently using a NUC 11 with an older integrated WIFI 6/Bluetooth 5.0 chip and have no issues with LDAC or aptX HD on it.

Jul 19, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #54,372 of 62,434
I caved and bought the Svanar TWS after all... should be getting here tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back