Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 3, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #53,959 of 62,436
I hear you man. I'm in the barely over 50 brigade now. Can't be too safe. Definitely hit a Guitar Center or the like. I would think they'd have something. Those Sennies look nice.
I read about, then tried, the APP2 with just transparency turned on, for noise reduction and worked really nicely. The APP2 have adaptive transparency so they automatic reduce loud noises. Used them at my son’s high school graduation, class of 800, at an old vaudeville theater in NYC. Super loud until I put in the APP2 and then whole spectrum reduced nicely.

That said, just bought a set of these https://us.loopearplugs.com/ to wear to Mega-Monsters concert (Mastadon and Gojira) next month. Super comfortable

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #53,961 of 62,436
I put on a pair of large Spinfits and left the stock (pre-installed) wings on. I'm getting a great seal and stable fit, but I do have to admit, after a few hours at work I felt some pain from the wings as always. Blah. I'll have to learn to take breaks. But last night I watched two shows with my Xreal glasses while the team was asleep and had zero pain. :skull: OH, duh, I bet it's because of the Spinfits. At work, I had stock and Final TWS tips on the Denon. Maybe the Spinfits are my winner... we shall see.
With wired IEM's I found Spinfits didn't hold their position well, sound would change with head movements, especially downward. Is that the case for the TWS Spinfits as well? Also interested in the Final TWS tips as I use and like Final E often with wired IEM's. What are your fit and sonic impressions of the Final TWS tips? Thanks @erockg!

Jul 4, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #53,962 of 62,436
Jul 4, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #53,963 of 62,436
Hello guys! I’m shopping for a new pair of tws earbuds. I use mainly a Etymotic er2se at home, and I a DALI io-6, and I had some audiophile graded stuff in past, so I’m spoiled a LITTLE bit.

My main concern is sound quality alone.

I tried the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro (I’ve seen some recommendations and Crinacle’s review about it) and honestly, I returned them. Too harsh on the upper mids / treble. At least with the AAC on the iPhone. It just sounded compressed, artificial… hard to describe. Voices fighting with the drums. Bass and lower mids were good though. Also, they are absolutely useless with the iPhone.

I have some options to choose from:
SVANAR
3ANC
MYSTIQUE
ZE8000
PerL/NTP
AZ80
XM4
MTW3

Price is not a problem. Is the NTP everything they say? Or could the SVANAR, 3ANC or the MYSTIQUE be better?

I might change my iPhone for another device soon, so codecs would not be a reason to choose any as well.

Jul 4, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #53,964 of 62,436
Returned the Hifiman Svanar. Really wanted to like them but the stability issues kept persisting
im returned liberty4 for surface body
Hello guys! I’m shopping for a new pair of tws earbuds. I use mainly a Etymotic er2se at home, and I a DALI io-6, and I had some audiophile graded stuff in past, so I’m spoiled a LITTLE bit.

I tried the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro (I’ve seen some recommendations and Crinacle’s review about it) and honestly, I returned them. Too harsh on the upper mids / treble. At least with the AAC on the iPhone. It just sounded compressed, artificial… hard to describe. Voices fighting with the drums. Bass and lower mids were good though. Also, they are absolutely useless with the iPhone.

SVANAR
3ANC
MYSTIQUE
ZE8000
PerL/NTP
AZ80
XM4
MTW3

Price is not a problem. Is the NTP everything they say? Or could the SVANAR, 3ANC or the MYSTIQUE be better?

I might change my iPhone for another device soon, so codecs would not be a reason to choose any as well.
bose QCE II think best from list

Jul 4, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #53,966 of 62,436

SVANAR
3ANC
MYSTIQUE
ZE8000
PerL/NTP
AZ80
XM4
MTW3

Any particular inclination towards one type of music over another?

I.e. electronic, live, pop, rock...

Jul 4, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #53,967 of 62,436
Are they louder than the UTWS5?
Definitely
As much as I am glad to get the UTWS5 LDAC. Have to say the AZ80 is now my defacto go to TWS. My brain is now fully converted. I tried a few songs last night between MTW3, XM4, GB2P and I simply prefer the AZ80 more than anything I own sonically. I ended up going back to the stock tips as well and have had no issues at the gym, walking, or running.

They might not be everyone's favorite but they have become mine for sure...
I agree. Az80 are really good. First set I've actually preferred over the xm4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back