Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 14, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #53,491 of 62,258
Do you have any info when Bloom might receive stock?
I don’t. But they are really responsive. I think they are expecting them any day now. Really like the team there. Will be giving them more business. Ananda Nano perhaps? Audeze Mm100?
I received the Svanar yesterday. I am pretty impressed with them for a few reasons:

1. SQ- these are the best tws I’ve heard to date. In particular the soundstage is really really wide. Almost like having full sized cans. I might prefer them to the Bathys. The are tuned really well. Some low end boost and warmth. No eq app available but the default sounds amazing.
2. Ergonomics/Fit. They are heavy and made of metal but for some reason fit really well. Like rock sold and I usually have fit problems with IEMs. Also the touch pads work really well.
3. ANC is surprising effective. Not Bose or anything but useful.

I am running them on my iPhone but am really looking forward to getting them going with LDAC. There is a “hi fi” mode where everything gets loud and tight. It’s like “serious” mode. The entire dynamic and presentation changes.

Are they worth $499? I think if you are chasing that last 5 or 10 percent, then yes. These tick all the boxes and have best in class sound, best in class build quality and really good fit. I think these are going to be the champs for a while.
The case isn’t very portable but it’s damn cool. Like something from outer space. Better quality than most. Now I’m not sure if the iems are plastic or metal. They feel cool to the touch. Leaning toward metal.

Jun 14, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #53,493 of 62,258
My patience is waning 🥲. I like how it looks and am a bit Jell-O they let you borrow them. Hopefully the Hifidots impress and distract me for a bit
I got lucky. I bugged them enough that they were probably tired of hearing from me. 9/10 that behavior backfired and my order is cancelled and they tell me to shop elsewhere. Seriously I’ll bet any day. Interested in the dots.

Jun 14, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #53,495 of 62,258
Hey everyone.
I'm looking the IEMs that give the best sound quality money can buy :p

And while there are reviews for a lot of them, very few compare at least 2-3 of them to give relevant information. And even harder to go someplace to try them myself.
So I have a shortlist and I'm looking for impressions on them, and any suggestions you have to offer. Pls help me in my quest for audio nirvana!
  • Nura true pro
  • Astell & Kern AK UW100
  • Campfire orbit
  • Sony WF-1000XM4
  • Cambridge Audio Melomania

I'm just looking for sound quality, ideally multi-driver, and I'm not interested in microphone, calls, controls, bells and whistles, super long battery life, I have others for that. I want them just for music, so obviously they shouldn't have glaring issues preventing music listening (connection cutoffs, etc).
So yeah, what have you tried that sounded best to you? Or at least heard from reliable sources.

Cheers!
I would go for Nuratrue Pro but only if you have a new phone with good Bluetooth. Alternatively wist for the new Denon/Nura release that's coming.

The NTP has the best soundstage and bass presentation I've heard, really good sub-bass. One of the few 3D soundstages I've heard.

The Noble Mystique would be just as good, it has better mids and highs, satisfies your multi-driver thirst and reportedly less quality control issues. The bass is still great, but it's a better version of a bass you've heard before while the NTP is probably presenting it in a way you've never heard. Still, hard to reco the NTP due to my personal cutout issues (no problem on an iPhone fyi)

Next the ZE8000 but ONLY if you have an iPhone. iPhones are able to drive them louder, I find them to quiet for me.

The FW5 is really good, but I find it misses a cohesive musicality to its sound that the Noble has.

Soundstage is the most important thing to me, I'm not buying anything else without some kind of enhancer like the Dirac Virtuo' of Nura, Roomfeel of PSB (coming soon) or HDSS of Nuarl.

But for SQ all the above as well as other people's mentions are worth looking at.

Jun 14, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #53,496 of 62,258
I would go for Nuratrue Pro but only if you have a new phone with good Bluetooth. Alternatively wist for the new Denon/Nura release that's coming.

The NTP has the best soundstage and bass presentation I've heard, really good sub-bass. One of the few 3D soundstages I've heard.

The Noble Mystique would be just as good, it has better mids and highs, satisfies your multi-driver thirst and reportedly less quality control issues. The bass is still great, but it's a better version of a bass you've heard before while the NTP is probably presenting it in a way you've never heard. Still, hard to reco the NTP due to my personal cutout issues (no problem on an iPhone fyi)

Next the ZE8000 but ONLY if you have an iPhone. iPhones are able to drive them louder, I find them to quiet for me.

The FW5 is really good, but I find it misses a cohesive musicality to its sound that the Noble has.

Soundstage is the most important thing to me, I'm not buying anything else without some kind of enhancer like the Dirac Virtuo' of Nura, Roomfeel of PSB (coming soon) or HDSS of Nuarl.

But for SQ all the above as well as other people's mentions are worth looking at.
Interesting comment about room enhancers. The Nura absolutely sounded better with it on but almost like no one would ever use it off. I wonder if that’s the next step in tws to get “big” sound. The HFM manage to get massive stage as well with no tricks. I’m assuming the amp/dac set up is really high end given the size of the buds.

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #53,497 of 62,258
I received the Svanar yesterday. I am pretty impressed with them for a few reasons:

1. SQ- these are the best tws I’ve heard to date. In particular the soundstage is really really wide. Almost like having full sized cans. I might prefer them to the Bathys. The are tuned really well. Some low end boost and warmth. No eq app available but the default sounds amazing.
2. Ergonomics/Fit. They are heavy and made of metal but for some reason fit really well. Like rock sold and I usually have fit problems with IEMs. Also the touch pads work really well.
3. ANC is surprising effective. Not Bose or anything but useful.

I am running them on my iPhone but am really looking forward to getting them going with LDAC. There is a “hi fi” mode where everything gets loud and tight. It’s like “serious” mode. The entire dynamic and presentation changes.

Are they worth $499? I think if you are chasing that last 5 or 10 percent, then yes. These tick all the boxes and have best in class sound, best in class build quality and really good fit. I think these are going to be the champs for a while.
Awesome! Totally stoked to get these!
Still on pre-order from Bloom Audio, hasn’t shipped out yet.

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #53,498 of 62,258
sorry if this is off topic, but someone PM’d me interested in buying my NuraTrue Pro that I have for sale in the classifieds.
I’ve never sold anything here before and want to make sure it’s safe and secure for me.
He asked me to invoice him using PayPal.
Is this normal?
Thanks!

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #53,499 of 62,258
sorry if this is off topic, but someone PM’d me interested in buying my NuraTrue Pro that I have for sale in the classifieds.
I’ve never sold anything here before and want to make sure it’s safe and secure for me.
Is this normal?
Thanks!
Be careful with PayPal. Make sure he/she has some feedback. Otherwise insist on friends and family. No good and services for folks wo feedback. Alternatively talk on the phone and get a sense of who you are dealing with. PayPal allows chargebacks for almost any reason so be careful.

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #53,500 of 62,258
Is this normal?
Thanks!
Yea you're safe to go ahead. Sometimes PayPal holds the funds in limbo until a tracking / delivery note is picked up from a courier that it asks you to link. If it's the same country I'd prefer another method tho. In Aus we have easy bank to bank transfers.

But PayPal is how most people here pay

*Edit* oops listen to Clerkpalmer not me. Make sure buyer has strong Headfi history.

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #53,501 of 62,258
Yea you're safe to go ahead. Sometimes PayPal holds the funds in limbo until a tracking / delivery note is picked up from a courier that it asks you to link. If it's the same country I'd prefer another method tho. In Aus we have easy bank to bank transfers.

But PayPal is how most people here pay

*Edit* oops listen to Clerkpalmer not me. Make sure buyer has strong Headfi history.
I’ve found most people here are trustworthy. As for PayPal, it’s a necessary evil. I am a bit of a watch nerd and in that space, PayPal is unacceptable. Everyone uses zelle. Also in the US PayPal now has to send 1099s to everyone.

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #53,503 of 62,258
I’ve found most people here are trustworthy. As for PayPal, it’s a necessary evil. I am a bit of a watch nerd and in that space, PayPal is unacceptable. Everyone uses zelle. Also in the US PayPal now has to send 1099s to everyone.
You have expensive hobbies

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #53,505 of 62,258
Interesting comment about room enhancers. The Nura absolutely sounded better with it on but almost like no one would ever use it off. I wonder if that’s the next step in tws to get “big” sound. The HFM manage to get massive stage as well with no tricks. I’m assuming the amp/dac set up is really high end given the size of the buds.
I've heard people refer to soundstage in reviews as "massive" "extraordinary" "truly revolutionary". And still the products with the room enhancers (often much cheaper) create that out of head feeling like nothing else.

Definitely where I'd be investing my money as a designer.

Would love to see what happens to a Noble product if they link up with Roomfeel or Dirac Virtuo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back