Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 14, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #53,478 of 62,453
Looks like I might have my AZ80 by Friday.

God I hope I don't regret this purchase... will feel foolish if my $88 purchase from Fiio is funner to listen to...

Time will tell.... I do think the AZ80 will be the better all round performer though once all aspects of what makes a TWS great are taken into account.
I will say that the AZ80 has grown on me, more and more, even the sound quality.

Jun 14, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #53,480 of 62,453
This was posted in another thread today:

TRN T350 TWS Knowles Earphones 1BA+1DD 5.3 Bluetooth-compatible Bass Headset In-Ear HIFI Wireless Charging Cancelling Headset

Issue is photos say QCC3071 and further down is it saying QCC3046,

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005133646601.html
Ever tried a 1dd + only 1 BA? On any wired or wireless that is.

Surely it can't be better than a well tuned single DD or the classic 1dd + 2 BA

Jun 14, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #53,484 of 62,453
Jun 14, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #53,485 of 62,453
Hey everyone.
I'm looking the IEMs that give the best sound quality money can buy :p

And while there are reviews for a lot of them, very few compare at least 2-3 of them to give relevant information. And even harder to go someplace to try them myself.
So I have a shortlist and I'm looking for impressions on them, and any suggestions you have to offer. Pls help me in my quest for audio nirvana!
  • Nura true pro
  • Astell & Kern AK UW100
  • Campfire orbit
  • Sony WF-1000XM4
  • Cambridge Audio Melomania

I'm just looking for sound quality, ideally multi-driver, and I'm not interested in microphone, calls, controls, noise cancellation, bells and whistles, super long battery life (most are decent), size (most are decent), I have others for that. I want them just for music, so obviously they shouldn't have glaring issues preventing music listening (connection cutoffs, etc). I'll be listening mostly on an iphone.
So yeah, what have you tried that sounded best to you? Or at least heard from reliable sources.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #53,486 of 62,453
Hey everyone.

And while there are reviews for a lot of them, very few compare at least 2-3 of them to give relevant information. And even harder to go someplace to try them myself.
So I have a shortlist and I'm looking for impressions on them, and any suggestions you have to offer. Pls help me in my quest for audio nirvana!
  • Nura true pro
  • Astell & Kern AK UW100
  • Campfire orbit
  • Sony WF-1000XM4

I'm just looking for sound quality, ideally multi-driver, and I'm not interested in microphone, calls, controls, bells and whistles, super long battery life, I have others for that. I want them just for music, so obviously they shouldn't have glaring issues preventing music listening (connection cutoffs, etc).
So yeah, what have you tried that sounded best to you? Or at least heard from reliable sources.

Cheers!
ZE8000
Noble Mystique
HFM Svanar

But if you really want the best sound quality you can get wirelessly, look at the stand alone transmitters plus IEM of your choice.

Jun 14, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #53,487 of 62,453
Hey everyone.

• Nura true pro
  • Astell & Kern AK UW100
  • Campfire orbit
  • Sony WF-1000XM4

I'm just looking for sound quality, ideally multi-driver, and I'm not interested in microphone, calls, controls, bells and whistles, super long battery life, I have others for that. I want them just for music, so obviously they shouldn't have glaring issues preventing music listening (connection cutoffs, etc).

Cheers!
Most of these are not multi driver.

If audio quality is top priority above all else and you also like hybrids...

• Fiio FW5, (dual BA/dynamic), reviews were mixed, mainly because of the lack of features and higher price
  • Fiio FW3, (single dynamic driver), mentioned this because of early sale price at $69 US, cheap price, but DSNUTS is giving it very high marks, it might be a great cheapy TWS. I have ordered it but will not see it until early July according to AlieExpress
  • Status Between Pro (hybrid dual BA/dynamic) OK reviews, older model no ANC and tuned differently than new model making it a downgrade for sound over 3ANC
  • Status 3ANC (hybrid dual BA/dynamic) this one is getting very high reviews!
  • Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro (hybrid, single BA/Dynamic), solid performer often on sale, bit big in ear, great if you love BASS.
  • Soundcore Liberty 4 (dual dynamic driver), very comfy, a bit dryer sounding than the 3 Pro, bass is a bit more subdued.
  • Fiitii HiFi Dots (hybrid dual BA/dynamic) (no one knows yet, some members have ordered, so will start to see impressions soon.
  • 1More Evo (hybrid single BA/dynamic), comfy but a bit loose in ear, had very good dynamic sound when I bought it
  • Samsung Galaxy Bud Pro 2 (dual dynamic) decent IEM, very comfy, best sound with a Samsung Phone.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #53,488 of 62,453
I received the Svanar yesterday. I am pretty impressed with them for a few reasons:

1. SQ- these are the best tws I’ve heard to date. In particular the soundstage is really really wide. Almost like having full sized cans. I might prefer them to the Bathys. The are tuned really well. Some low end boost and warmth. No eq app available but the default sounds amazing.
2. Ergonomics/Fit. They are heavy and made of metal but for some reason fit really well. Like rock sold and I usually have fit problems with IEMs. Also the touch pads work really well.
3. ANC is surprising effective. Not Bose or anything but useful.

I am running them on my iPhone but am really looking forward to getting them going with LDAC. There is a “hi fi” mode where everything gets loud and tight. It’s like “serious” mode. The entire dynamic and presentation changes.

Are they worth $499? I think if you are chasing that last 5 or 10 percent, then yes. These tick all the boxes and have best in class sound, best in class build quality and really good fit. I think these are going to be the champs for a while.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #53,489 of 62,453
I received the Svanar yesterday. I am pretty impressed with them for a few reasons:

1. SQ- these are the best tws I’ve heard to date. In particular the soundstage is really really wide. Almost like having full sized cans. I might prefer them to the Bathys. The are tuned really well. Some low end boost and warmth. No eq app available but the default sounds amazing.
2. Ergonomics/Fit. They are heavy and made of metal but for some reason fit really well. Like rock sold and I usually have fit problems with IEMs. Also the touch pads work really well.
3. ANC is surprising effective. Not Bose or anything but useful.

I am running them on my iPhone but am really looking forward to getting them going with LDAC. There is a “hi fi” mode where everything gets loud and tight. It’s like “serious” mode. The entire dynamic and presentation changes.

Are they worth $499? I think if you are chasing that last 5 or 10 percent, then yes. These tick all the boxes and have best in class sound, best in class build quality and really good fit. I think these are going to be the champs for a while.
Do you have any info when Bloom might receive stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back