Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 20, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #52,681 of 62,436
I am fine with LDAC vs Aptx for the Technics. But I also have a Samsung device so can't really take advantage of the newer APTx codecs.

May 21, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #52,683 of 62,436
They did arrive. I have a problem with the fit. Experimenting with tips. I can push them in and get an idea of how they should sound. They are okay so far. If you are a "for the money" kind of guy I think you will be good. ANC is good, sq is not on par with my top tier sets but not sucky at all.
Yeah im giving mine a first listen now. I agree with what you've said. Also gonna mess around a bit with tips to see what works. Sub bass is lacking unless I push and hold them in my ears, seems to get better the bigger the tip I use.

Not a scratch on my Tea 2s but comparing apples with oranges. Definitely sound good for the price though, and a step up from my old Jabra 65t's.

May 21, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #52,684 of 62,436
Dude, I just returned my ZE8000. They were good to me, but not WOW. I figured out the fit and all was good with that, but meh! The Buds 2 Pro with the SSC on the S23 Ultra sounds really good and the ANC is above average. I would not get them if I couldn't utilize the SSC codec. Of course the EX but want to see what is coming.
The EX is nice but I wouldn’t commit $400 to it. And TBH, after trying A&K UW100 and FoKus I’m kinda out on trying anything >$300 now.

May 21, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #52,687 of 62,436
the thing is that APTX has been improving, the 24/44hz adaptive is good, but with newer phones the snapdragon lossless is as good or even better then ldac from what i understand.
Yeah, but if the new technics buds do get LE audio then it won't matter that much to me.

The Audeze Maxwell crowd seems to be very pleased with it's Bluetooth tech/codec :)

May 21, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #52,688 of 62,436
Yeah im giving mine a first listen now. I agree with what you've said. Also gonna mess around a bit with tips to see what works. Sub bass is lacking unless I push and hold them in my ears, seems to get better the bigger the tip I use.

Not a scratch on my Tea 2s but comparing apples with oranges. Definitely sound good for the price though, and a step up from my old Jabra 65t's.
The biggest advantage to the overall sound is the EQ. I have lost interest already. Unfortunately, they can't compete with the higher priced models I have tried, but at the 139.00 I would say they are fine or as @clerkpalmer highlighted, ain't sucky.

May 21, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #52,689 of 62,436
The EX is nice but I wouldn’t commit $400 to it. And TBH, after trying A&K UW100 and FoKus I’m kinda out on trying anything >$300 now.
I get it, it is a lot of money at $400, but I have enjoyed them the most. My older brother has spending limits just like you and he bought them used on Amazon for $225, looked brand new, maybe he is lucky.

May 21, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #52,691 of 62,436
On an impulse, I have ordered Noble Mystique mainly based on good reports on sound quality and its V-shaped signature. Use case will be for office at the times I am dragged in, and for weekly runs. Does it sound like I have made a good buy here?
I think it it's a good purchase, understanding the fit will be personal to all of us. They work really well for me, and sound great. The Fokus app lets you customize the eq for your personal tastes, works really well.

May 21, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #52,692 of 62,436
I think it it's a good purchase, understanding the fit will be personal to all of us. They work really well for me, and sound great. The Fokus app lets you customize the eq for your personal tastes, works really well.

Unboxed, updated firmware and flipping through some test tracks. Yeah, these are pretty great to be honest. One thing I like is that they are plenty loud, I am tired of TWS that offer little to no headroom for times I want higher volume. Most of my tips dont fit, but I have some wide bore Spinfits that fit well. No chance these of falling out of my ears when I go out on a run also, the fit is FAR more secure than my Samsung Buds. There is EQ option, but I rarely do EQ myself and the default sounds really good to me. Early days but very impressed with the Noble Mystique.

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #52,693 of 62,436
Unboxed, updated firmware and flipping through some test tracks. Yeah, these are pretty great to be honest. One thing I like is that they are plenty loud, I am tired of TWS that offer little to no headroom for times I want higher volume. Most of my tips dont fit, but I have some wide bore Spinfits that fit well. No chance these of falling out of my ears when I go out on a run also, the fit is FAR more secure than my Samsung Buds. There is EQ option, but I rarely do EQ myself and the default sounds really good to me. Early days but very impressed with the Noble Mystique.
Just because, you should try the custom eq option, plays tones at all the frequency ranges and then builds an eq specific to your hearing. You don't need to use it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the result - and the resulting graph didn't turn out at all as I expected!

I might try some Spinfits, see if they are better than what came with the buds (although I'm happy enough as is).

May 21, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #52,695 of 62,436
Nice! I have the previous version (FoKus Pro) and even they sound amazing. The only drawback is the lack of ANC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back