Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 8, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #52,441 of 62,436
Of the ones offered I can only vouch for both the Meze which I have heard. The Penta is a really nice IEM but out of my league. I have the Advar and I love them.

I’d really like to know if the Go Pods work better than the TW2. And at what price they be “sold separately”.
Work better in terms of sound quality?
In terms of functionality and ease of use and reliability the Shure are tough to beat. Sound quality I’m very happy too with them and they are comfortable.
I am curious about those but the Shure are top dog in this segment IMO.

Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #52,442 of 62,436
Do the different Soundpeat range go for different strengths/sound offerings. Like the Engine/Opera/Air/Capsule/Free - or are they mostly just names (sometimes associated with the design)?
It seems like it is mostly down to the chipset, features and sound signature. I think I talked a bit about the differences in one of my reviews on here, I'll have to dig it out and reword it to include the newer releases on my next review

May 8, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #52,443 of 62,436
Do the different Soundpeat range go for different strengths/sound offerings. ....
I've had four or five different SoundPeat TWS IEMs over the years. From the super cheap to more expensive offersing--Trueengine 3, H1, and Opera5. Although the sound is similar, they're different. Some are more bassy, other more midrange, and so forth. I use the SoundID and able to get a sound I enjoy a little better.

The nice thing about SoundPeats, they tend to be cheaper. Sound other brands in the price range may offer more features. End of the day, they're not that expensive so I'm not very upset if they get stolen or break. The really good stuff stays home.

On a side note, I've had pretty good interaction with SoundPeats customer service. It may be via email only. They've given me partial refunds for the "sound filters" coming out after six to twelve months. I did get a bad ear piece with the Opera5, which took a few emails and a video to get them to understand they we're not working correctly. They sent me a new set and able to keep the old set.

May 8, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #52,444 of 62,436
Joined the ZE8000 family...weird fit? I always use LL in Final E tips and it appears with these tips LL isn't going seal in my right ear. Any suggestions to help me with fit?

I am kind of thinking this a shallower fit TWS. Not an EQ guy but what settings are you guys finding the best for you. Also, is the volume a touch low on these?

Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #52,445 of 62,436
Joined the ZE8000 family...weird fit? I always use LL in Final E tips and it appears with these tips LL isn't going seal in my right ear. Any suggestions to help me with fit?

I am kind of thinking this a shallower fit TWS. Not an EQ guy but what settings are you guys finding the best for you. Also, is the volume a touch low on these?
The ZE8K is a unique tws, it takes some time to mess with it, but once you are all settled, it’s really something

Yes this is a shallow one, meant to be

You gotta play around play around with different tips to find what suits, I used the final tips

The other thing you can do is go YouTube and see the Final’s official account for info on ZE8K regarding the setting, it help clear some questions I had.

So far I have only found Noble Mystique at the same level, abeilt different beast

Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #52,446 of 62,436

The ZE8K is a unique tws, it takes some time to mess with it, but once you are all settled, it’s really something

Yes this is a shallow one, meant to be

You gotta play around play around with different tips to find what suits, I used the final tips

The other thing you can do is go YouTube and see the Final’s official account for info on ZE8K regarding the setting, it help clear some questions I had.

So far I have only found Noble Mystique at the same level, abeilt different beast
For me, it was the less is more approach. I felt that if I backed off when trying to push them in for a seal, they sealed better. They sort of just sit in my ears with a great seal. I've been using them for almost a week straight. Great headphones.

May 8, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #52,448 of 62,436
And while the ZE8000 are probably loud enough they are not as loud as some, yes or no? What settings for EQ are you guys using?

May 8, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #52,449 of 62,436
And while the ZE8000 are probably loud enough they are not as loud as some, yes or no? What settings for EQ are you guys using?
Yes to everything you said.

With the tips, try a twist motion once they're in Tk get a better seal. Kind of like you're turning a car key.

Yes to the volume too, they were too quiet for me end of the day. Sound was good but I wanted more of it. Tried lots of things to get them louder via phone settings etc, slight improvement when I turned my phone's EQ settings off. But just a small bump in sound, I couldn't find any apps or anything that gave me louder volume.

May 9, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #52,451 of 62,436
Not sure it’ll help, but I’m using the attached settings with an iPhone. Happy camper. Lots of hard rock and heavy metal. Shows and movies too.

Attachments

• IMG_5454.jpeg
    IMG_5454.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5455.jpeg
    IMG_5455.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 0
May 9, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #52,453 of 62,436
Work better in terms of sound quality?
In terms of functionality and ease of use and reliability the Shure are tough to beat. Sound quality I’m very happy too with them and they are comfortable.
I am curious about those but the Shure are top dog in this segment IMO.

Yes, I mostly meant sound quality.

But I’m very interested in functionality too. It seems the TW2 are the best so far. Wondered if the Go Pods beat them.

I’m always torn between investing in this type of adapters or saving more and getting better headphones/IEM/TWS.

May 9, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #52,454 of 62,436
I have Samsung S23U and Samsung Pro Buds 2 which are brilliant (I enjoy how they sound particularly) except the short bore means I need to keep adjusting them when I go running. Have tried alternative tips. Are the new Finals worth a look, or suggest other TW earphones that sound great, have decent bass, and fit better than the Buds?
Yeah the short nozzles are annoying. did you try the spinfit cp360?

May 9, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #52,455 of 62,436
Yeah the short nozzles are annoying. did you try the spinfit cp360?
I have tried those, most tips dont stay on the short stems in my experience, the AZLA Buds 2 Pro large ones work best for me but it does still feel like the earphones are going to fall out as I move around. Its a shame as I like the sound, its bassy and exciting which is what I want in a TW earphone. Something that has a similar sound signature that sounds at least as good but fits better is what I am after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back