Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 27, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #52,322 of 62,436
Hi can someone confirm if the phone has just aptx and wireless earbuds have aptx adaptive with they be able to use the aptx codec for bluetooth or just the SBC? Does aptx adaptive work with older aptx devices?

Apr 27, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #52,324 of 62,436
Apr 28, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #52,325 of 62,436
I think @SynaestheticA bought the UM tws and didn't love them. Anyone else here see any reviews for them? So very tempting...
Sitting here nervously waiting to see if everyone actually loves them and they're a game changer.

Maybe the app EQ can fix the bass. Boy did they need that.

Interested in people's thoughts on them, taking build quality into account for the asking price.

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #52,326 of 62,436
Nice! I’ll definitely be picking those up. Just ordered the UM U-Free
I know the UM-Free supports AptX Adaptive but not LDAC. Do we know as yet what codecs Svanar TWS supports?

Also can't seem to find any info. as to wheter one or both of these support multipoint. Any further info. on full coidec support and multi-point capabilities would be welcomed!

Apr 28, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #52,327 of 62,436
SoundPeats Engine 4 (NON ANC):

Seems to be Dual Drivers + BT 5.3 + LDAC + 12 hour per charge (no doubt for AAC or SBC).

v2-a19f31695b8b9efc82cfe28eb465ab70_r.jpg

Review (Translated): https://zhuanlan-zhihu-com.translat...sl=zh-CN&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

User Manual: https://device.report/m/7c0f6cdaa33954490244500eb631cfdbeabab493f5c46f9318b6fafa87651722_optim.pdf

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #52,329 of 62,436
I know the UM-Free supports AptX Adaptive but not LDAC. Do we know as yet what codecs Svanar TWS supports?

Also can't seem to find any info. as to wheter one or both of these support multipoint. Any further info. on full coidec support and multi-point capabilities would be welcomed!
Ha this will sound stupid but I know almost nothing about them. The only reason I got them is I have their Indigo IEMs and I really like the sound. Also, I don't have a TWS with both great sound and ANC. My beloved Noble FoKus Pro only have the great sound part.

Apr 28, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #52,330 of 62,436
I asked a couple of my friends about the UM and this is what I was told, take with a grain of salt these are not my impressions;

U-Free are pretty good TWS and UM tuned them closer to their Mest MKII. With the right set of eartips to give you a secure fit and tight seal, you can get a nice deep bass and clear detailed vocals. Probably a little warmer than Mest MKII, but very good for true wireless. They also have Active Noise canceling, a few other modes, or you can disable it for best audio performance, their hi-fi mode. The app, for now only iPhone, has custom EQ and other custom settings.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #52,331 of 62,436
Apr 28, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #52,332 of 62,436
Apr 28, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #52,333 of 62,436
I recently got a Xiaomi 13 next to my iPhone and I bought the LG Tone Free DT90q alongside it partly because it was advertised to support snapdragon sound. It seems to default to aptx-adaptive. I thought supporting snapdragon sound also means it will support aptx lossless but that doesn't seem to be the case. Besides that playback sometimes drops to mono when my phone is in my pocket. Taking it out brings back stereo sound. Overall not very convincing. Can someone clarify what snapdragon sound really means? Searching the web didn't help me figuring things out.

Apr 28, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #52,334 of 62,436
Apr 28, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #52,335 of 62,436
Nothing really new here, but I'll add my comments about the Fokus Mystique. I received mine two days ago and all I can say is YOW!

These are my first ever TWS IEM's, in fact my first in a long, long time of universal IEM's. These sound as good as anything I've ever heard. Out of the box the bass is pretty massive, in a good way. Other frequencies are just right. The custom eq that comes with the app surprised me, it built an eq specific to my hearing that was better than expected, and really improved the sound.

Now, I don't want or need any of the other TWS features like anc and phone calls, I just want a superior IEM for music. Others need these features, so maybe the Mystiques won't be for everyone, but for those of us that want the best sound possible without wires these things are brilliant.

A couple minor quibbles or concerns. These stick way out from my ears and I worry they might move around, or even fall out during my lengthy gym sessions. I'm new to TWS so the tapping controls will need some work for me to master them. So far I'm finding these controls a bit awkward, I guess tapping speed and timing is something to be learned, but sometimes it's just easier to reach for my phone for control. Finally, these things are really slippery! Getting them out of the charging case is something of a struggle and gripping them to insert into my ears has been fraught.

Quibbles aside, I'm super impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back