Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 2, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #51,962 of 62,436
Given that I only use TWS for running, and listening to podcasts, I just need something reliable (doesn't cause issues), and can hear vocals clearly.

Interestingly, my best experience has been with the cheap Soundcore by Anker Life P2i that I got for $20 (on sale) on Amazon. It doesn't sound like FR is skew'd in a manner you find with majority of cheap TWS out there.

Unlike Airpods Pro that I've had, it stays in my ear (during running). Also, I've had many issues with APP. Crackling issue that Apple never have fixed with replacement. Apple customer service is just horrible. I hate calling them for services. Thus, my impression of Apple product reliability and their services being subpar, especially at the outrageous prices they come with. P2i is such an amazing value for it's usage. A Chinese brand.

My outlook on Apple products are not great anymore. I spent $250 on a product that isn't reliable. That isn't acceptable.

P2i does not have ANC, and I really don't need it for my jogs. Sounds good enough for my purpose and highly recommend for those need a pair for such simple purposes. I really don't expect a whole lot of SQ from TWS anyway. I just want some reasonable FR.

I don't need to be paying $200 for a TWS that can run into issues like APP.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #51,963 of 62,436
Maybe I'm just different, but I'd love to get a GREAT sounding bluetooth IEM that just plays music. Call it a wireless IEM that sounds as good as a wired model, and, just like a great wired IEM, just does one thing well. I could care less about ANC, answering my phone, ambient mode, etc. I don't need, want or use these features. I really like the convenience of a wireless IEM, but seems like maybe all the added features both increase the cost, and, possibly, compromise sound in order to include all the extras.

If such an animal exits, I'd be all over it. Otherwise, I'll just stay with my wired model.

Apr 2, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #51,964 of 62,436
Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 sound odd to me. On paper they should be relatively good but something is wrong with the tuning. A tad like the drivers were really forced to do what they need to.. bizarre. Not a faulty unit; had two. On the other hand everything else is either fantastic or good enough. Many features that other or even higher end TWS are lacking +great case size and how easy is to get them out of it.
They do have a very different sound with ANC off. Kind of a super clarity that I find pretty amazing but hard to take in longer sessions.
I do like them too. I'll have to sit down and compare all three extensively when I have time. Damn kids...

Apr 2, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #51,965 of 62,436
Maybe I'm just different, but I'd love to get a GREAT sounding bluetooth IEM that just plays music. Call it a wireless IEM that sounds as good as a wired model, and, just like a great wired IEM, just does one thing well. I could care less about ANC, answering my phone, ambient mode, etc. I don't need, want or use these features. I really like the convenience of a wireless IEM, but seems like maybe all the added features both increase the cost, and, possibly, compromise sound in order to include all the extras.

If such an animal exits, I'd be all over it. Otherwise, I'll just stay with my wired model.
Search this forum chain. We've been talking about the Noble Fokus, Noble Fokus Mystique, B&O EX, Nuratrue Pro just to name a few. All are very very good. Noble are prob the closest to an IEM by design. Some are saying the Final ZE8000 these days, but I haven't tried them.

Apr 2, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #51,966 of 62,436

Noble FoKus Pro baby. I think it would blow you away. People say the same about Mystique but I don’t have it yet so I can’t say…

I’m looking for the ultimate ANC TWS and the best sound possible for when I’m in noisy places. Not concerned about price…

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #51,970 of 62,436
Ya I wonder how the ANC is on it… I do love Noble sound!
It's not great. Pass if you want ANC. Sound is decent though. But not as good as the Fokus Pro or Fokus Mystique.

Apr 2, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #51,971 of 62,436

If your on a budget the Fiio FW5 is supposed to sound awesome but just lack most of things you don't care about.

I own the UTWS5 and Fiio FH5 combo and I believe the FW5 uses a very similar chipset and I do enjoy the sound alot. From reviews and comments, I believe the FW5 was developed by the team who made the FH9 so are supposed to sound very good.

Apr 2, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #51,972 of 62,436
So I am going to be able to afford maybe $500CAD ($400US) on a TWS. The question will be which one.

I am thinking I really need to wait and see what Sony and Technics come up with.

Having owned AZ60, AZ70, and finally the WF-1000XM4 I have to say I prefer the XM4 sound by just a bit and prefer the ANC, battery life, and features even more. So I am leaning towards the Sony. But with Technics coming out with an AZ80 and AZ60 M2 I am curious to see what they are going to do...

Keeping in mind I like the creature comforts of the XM4, is there any other TWS I should be seriously considering that doesn't compromise those areas in the name of sound alone?

Also I am firmly in the Samsung world so can not take advantage any of the APTx Adaptive or Dragon Sound products.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #51,973 of 62,436

+1 to this. The demand for features and then subsequent complaints on poor implementation of those features surely should encourage someone to just make what you're describing. But then people wouldn't buy it because it won't have any of the things people like to complain about.

Apr 3, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #51,974 of 62,436
So I am going to be able to afford maybe $500CAD ($400US) on a TWS. The question will be which one.

I am thinking I really need to wait and see what Sony and Technics come up with.

Having owned AZ60, AZ70, and finally the WF-1000XM4 I have to say I prefer the XM4 sound by just a bit and prefer the ANC, battery life, and features even more. So I am leaning towards the Sony. But with Technics coming out with an AZ80 and AZ60 M2 I am curious to see what they are going to do...

Keeping in mind I like the creature comforts of the XM4, is there any other TWS I should be seriously considering that doesn't compromise those areas in the name of sound alone?

Also I am firmly in the Samsung world so can not take advantage any of the APTx Adaptive or Dragon Sound products.
Proud of you, look at those savings :wink:

It could be your chance to get the Noble, or if you're really keen you could get the upcoming limited edition Fokus Prestige.

My next will probably be one of the technics but it seems like the new Sony might be just up your alley.

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #51,975 of 62,436
On my recently purchased Sennheiser TWS Momentum 3 when the Adaptive ANC is activated I hear annoying cracks (or short drops?) every couple of minutes? Is this the infamous QC issue or normal behaviour (doubt that, but who knows)? All fine when ANC is off.

Since I'll send them back, any recommendations for a more reliable TWS? I like the sound of the Senns, but they could have a bit more bass (especially subbass), similarly to the Momentum 4 headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back