Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 11, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #50,087 of 62,453
Were will I be able to buy the Final ZE8000 in Europe? Can't find a "dealers" page on the website.
Their own website still doesn't list them and the holding space on Head-fi reviews says shipping in January. Not sure how Australia got first dibs

I just went through all their UK dealers to check them out and phew, what's up with UK audio dealers websites? You get a landing page and then have to click through to a new website for shopping or product selection, and selection is grim.

There we go, found one for you in Poland
https://mp3store.pl/sluchawki/sluch...2022521192743003006//final-audio-ze8000-black

From their dealers page
https://snext-final.com/en/dealers/

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #50,089 of 62,453
Does the fact that the "blob" of my hearing is shifted to the left and all out of round suggest my hearing is crap?
I couldn't tell ya. That happens to me on all my buds. I'm like, "Is this off or is it me?" I did just use the NTP on a webinar for work and heard a static in the right ear. Whole time I kept wondering if it was the bud or the feed. Drove me nuts. Banking on it was the feed.

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #50,091 of 62,453
So I have the nura true. I use an iPhone. Is the only difference then the spatial audio addition? Is it worth it to upgrade or will it not be much different? Thanks in advance for the help. Fokus pro still the king to me over ex and Sennheiser 3.

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #50,092 of 62,453
Jan 11, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #50,093 of 62,453
I finally got a new pair of TWS, ever since the Bose QC2 (back in September was it?) I have been a good boy and behaved, I knew I would get the APP2 on my Canada trip. so, here I am, with new APP2 in my ears .. and yes, they perform pretty exactly as many reviewers say, ANC is similar as XM4 and a smidge under Bose, sound is improved .. I am very curious to A/B/C all 3 of them on my return flight ...
So, yes, I am happy with them
But one thing that keeps really bugging me (and that happens with all my airpods): I don't understand how most reviwers go gaga over the apple 'magic' and their automatic multipoint . in most of my cases this does nOT work in a pleasing way:
a) I am listening to music on my phone, I open my mac which has nothing going on in terms of audio, still, it hijacks the connection without asking and I am without music.
b) I start a movie on my mac and I had the airpods connected to it, now it asks me again 'i sense airpods nearby, want me to connect?'
so, it changes its mood without any apparent reason .. did not expect I still have to manually switch things around ..

Jan 11, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #50,096 of 62,453
Mine arrived today as well. I found spatial can be good if you want a live experience, but not good for rock n roll. Their personalised sound is really good tho
I could see how the spatial could make complex music a little congested/messy but I am digging it even for rock but I don't listen to that death metal either.

Jan 11, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #50,097 of 62,453
I could see how the spatial could make complex music a little congested/messy but I am digging it even for rock but I don't listen to that death metal either.
I'm an old 80s/90s and now metalhead forever. I love spatial for my hard stuff. Different strokes for different folks for sure. I like how it opens up the stage.

Jan 11, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #50,098 of 62,453
UPDATE on my AirPod Pro 2 journey bought for $135 from https://www.discountstoresavings.com/.

After reading about the issues @clerkpalmer was having, I thought it wouldn't be legit. But alas, it arrived today and everything seems legit. In anticipation for it being fake, I've watched all of the real vs fake videos online. By all accounts, it adds up to being the real deal. Here are all the factors that I considered:

1. They sound good. They have an identical sound profile as the pair I bought for my wife for her bday directly from an authorized dealer.
2. I was able to register the serial number on the website. The serial number on the box matches the case (but the ear pieces have different serial numbers). These are all the same for my wife's pair.
3. The packaging matches exactly that of my wife's pair. The fonts are the same, same material for the security pull tab, same plastic wrapper on the case, same hard cardboard cradle, same eartips packaging, etc. Everything is the same.
4. Spatial audio works and I was able to scan my head.
5. The noise cancellation and transparency modes are identical to my wife's pair (evidently these are dead giveaways, as fakes are not good).
6. The find my AirPod function and beep function work (another giveaway of fake if these functions don't work).

At bottom, if these are fakes, then they pretty much came out of Foxcon's factory, so I'm overall happy with the purchase.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #50,099 of 62,453
UPDATE on my AirPod Pro 2 journey bought for $135 from https://www.discountstoresavings.com/.

After reading about the issues @clerkpalmer was having, I thought it wouldn't be legit. But alas, it arrived today and everything seems legit. In anticipation for it being fake, I've watched all of the real vs fake videos online. By all accounts, it adds up to being the real deal. Here are all the factors that I considered:

1. They sound good. They have an identical sound profile as the pair I bought for my wife for her bday directly from an authorized dealer.
2. I was able to register the serial number on the website. The serial number on the box matches the case (but the ear pieces have different serial numbers). These are all the same for my wife's pair.
3. The packaging matches exactly that of my wife's pair. The fonts are the same, same material for the security pull tab, same plastic wrapper on the case, same hard cardboard cradle, same eartips packaging, etc. Everything is the same.
5. The noise cancellation and transparency modes are identical to my wife's pair (evidently these are dead giveaways, as fakes are not good).
6. The find my AirPod function and beep function work (another giveaway of fake if these functions don't work).

At bottom, if these are fakes, then they pretty much came out of Foxcon's factory, so I'm overall happy with the purchase.
Glad to hear it. Regarding the serial number, does your iPhone indicate the warranty is in place?

Jan 11, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #50,100 of 62,453

Sq is probably the most important factor. Mine had trouble connecting and sound was awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back