Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 23, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #49,532 of 62,430
great to hear, heard az60 was good but lots of flagship TWS have been released since then, az60 is not as competitive as before.
Outside of better AnC and Qi charging, I haven't found any of the newer bids out there are significantly better than the AZ60.
Now if they do improve on it I will buy as it has been my favorite tws to date.

Dec 24, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #49,534 of 62,430
Going to try these on some of my TWS (esp. the ones with poor passive NC in my ears) like the Free Byrd and Mini Pro HS.

NEW:
  • Double-layered core:
  1. Reduce the pressure from outside
  2. Enhance the noise isolation function.

https://spinfit-eartip.com/product/w1/?lang=en

Not sure What they are playing at with some of their ear tips only available in Muti-sizes pack of S/M/L as I will have no need for S or M only the L's even then ideally need 14mm which are sometimes L and sometimes XL for this brand.

They do not seem very consistent in their sizing or naming in their range, some are S or M or L others have an additional XL option and some L and even XL are 13.5-14mm.

Cost £20, and I throw/give away two pair, keep the L if it even fits, and I need say 3 sets so £60 (the price of a decent mid-range TWS on a deal).

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #49,535 of 62,430
Going to try these on some of my TWS (esp. the ones with poor passive NC in my ears) like the Free Byrd and Mini Pro HS.

NEW:
  • Double-layered core:
  1. Reduce the pressure from outside
  2. Enhance the noise isolation function.

https://spinfit-eartip.com/product/w1/?lang=en

Not sure What they are playing at with some of their ear tips only available in Muti-sizes pack of S/M/L as I will have no need for S or M only the L's even then ideally need 14mm which are sometimes L and sometimes XL for this brand.

They do not seem very consistent in their sizing or naming in their range, some are S or M or L others have an additional XL option and some L and even XL are 13.5-14mm.

Cost £20, and I throw/give away two pair, keep the L if it even fits, and I need say 3 sets so £60 (the price of a decent mid-range TWS on a deal).
The stem is quite long tho, would make a bad fit for true wireless I'm afraid.

Dec 24, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #49,537 of 62,430
The stem is quite long tho, would make a bad fit for true wireless I'm afraid.
I have larger canals and some of the TWS I have I use the normal length tips not the shorter TWS variants if they sit ok and fit the charge case.

Yea if they are too long or do not match the buds it feels like the buds are hanging out your ears and move up and down on the soft stem (I call it the Rubber Effect).

It was not that long ago Azla SednaEarfit had no TWS variants in their range and I still used on many earbuds like my Soundpeats H1 Prem's, if I use the newer short TWS variant is slips out esp. after I sweat a bit and the bonus is it still fits the charge case.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #49,538 of 62,430
Those in the know have said the new Fokus Pro will have the same drivers, and will have clear calling and ambient mode.

And on the Noble Audio - The Wizard Returns thread, Full Circle just posted this:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns.684787/page-2295#post-17313037

3d printed housing

Each face plate hand made = no two are alike

Internal = one dynamic + 2 knowles BA

Functions:
A) phone
B) pass through/ambient

Initial turning = bass response slightly more robust than the FoKus Pro

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #49,539 of 62,430
Coming in January < If this and the photo are legit and not just guestimates.

Screenshot 2022-12-24 163741.png

NEW FROM NOBLE AUDIO​

About a year has passed since the release of Noble's FoKus PRO, the leader in the high-end TWS earphone market. This winter, Noble will release the FoKus Mystique, the orthodox evolution model of FoKus PRO.

Noble promises more on this "frontier of high-end, sound quality specialized wireless earphone created by high-end wired earphone professionals."

Mr. "Wizard" John Moulton has performed new tuning, and not only has it evolved further in terms of sound quality, but the microphone has also been upgraded, greatly improving call quality. Hear-through (ambient mode) has also been added to bolster its usability and practicality.

The unit is a hybrid configuration that combines (x2) Knowles BA drivers and a 8.2mm dynamic driver. The microphone position has been changed from the inside of the shell to the faceplate side (deep "Galaxy" design), further improving call quality. A dedicated app will be available for personalized tuning.

Note: the Noble FoKus Mystique is a premium headphone. It will handle the occasional workout, but it is not recommended that the Mystique be submerged in water or worn in the shower or in rain.

SPECIFICATIONS​

• Hybrid (x2) Knowles Balance Armature and (x1) 8.2mm Dynamic Drivers
  • Bluetooth supports SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX Adaptive
  • Dedicated app for personalized tuning and EQ
  • More Coming Soon

https://bloomaudio.com/products/noble-audio-fokus-mystique-tws

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #49,540 of 62,430
Wow, those Nobles looks incredible!

Really hope there's a setting for music to be paused when enabling ambient, and that the controls are fully customisable in the app

Sad they wont support LE-audio tho!

Dec 24, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #49,541 of 62,430
I have larger canals and some of the TWS I have I use the normal length tips not the shorter TWS variants if they sit ok and fit the charge case.

Yea if they are too long or do not match the buds it feels like the buds are hanging out your ears and move up and down on the soft stem (I call it the Rubber Effect).

It was not that long ago Azla SednaEarfit had no TWS variants in their range and I still used on many earbuds like my Soundpeats H1 Prem's, if I use the newer short TWS variant is slips out esp. after I sweat a bit and the bonus is it still fits the charge case.
Even so, many cases don't accommodate eartips with longer stems! :/

Dec 24, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #49,542 of 62,430
Still messing with them, but here are a few thoughts:

Nice unboxing experience.

Not a fan of the shell. Yamaha, Cleer, Beyerdynamic all use a similar one. Making it work.

Trying to find tips with a good seal. Settled on Azla tips for now.

FiiO's app is just awful. Same app that uses the UTWS3/5. They need to overhaul it IMO.

No ANC, no Transparency. I'd like to think FiiO will add the latter like they did on the UTWS5.

Case is not as cheap as I thought it would be. Lightweight. No wireless charging as we all knew. Bummer, but fine.

They get LOUD.

Volume control scheme is like the UTWS adapters. Wish it was uniform whereas I can just control with phone and/or buds. Don't like having two options. I have to turn it up in the app then use my iPhone right now. I know some like this, I do not.

Clarity and instrument separation is excellent. Very noticeable. Wide soundstage. Balanced sound. Vocals are up front, not too much. As always, wish I could bump the sub-bass for my metal, but it's there, just could use bit more for my taste. Not awful. Listening to Soundgarden's Louder than Love and I'm really digging the sound. Cornell is ringing in my brain. Love it.

No BT dropouts for me and I've walked at least 100 ft away into other rooms at home.

Haven't tried them on calls yet. Voice is loud and clear when taking a voice memo, but you can still hear background noice. So I'd say call will be good enough at home, mileage may vary outside.

For $150 or less, these are very much worth it.

Going to have to shuffle out some of my others. These are great.
After having a few days with these, while they're great, I do need more bass and prefer the tuning of the Noble Fokus Pro to the FW5 by far. Also, FIT. I can't for the life of me get a good fit with the FW5. It's the same issue I had with the Yamaha, Beyerdynamic and other buds that use this shell. Last night, my wife said, omg, your headphones are so loud! Not matter what tips I changed to, they have major sound leakage for me. Looks like these will be going back soon. Bummer.

Dec 24, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #49,544 of 62,430
Does anyone have a rec for eartips to use with the buds2Pro? The stock tips just don't fit me (even on the largest). Also looking at tips for a sound quality enhancement.

Dec 24, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #49,545 of 62,430
@NickleCo I was able to fit the Spinfit CP360 on my GB2P. Original Sony hybrids sort of fit but can pop off so not as recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back