Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 10, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #49,291 of 62,439
I went Live Free 2 because the Pro is not on sale in Canada, if both models are on sale in the US that is really good.

I struggled giving up the battery life of the 130NC but in every other respect the Live Free 2 is an improvement for me.

That comparison article misses a couple things, the Free does have a wear sensor and it also has a 10mm driver versus the Pro which has an 11mm driver. But it is mostly accurate.

I listened to several reviews and most suggested the sound being pretty similar and the Brian unboxed review listed a difference of about 1hr for battery life which convinced me to give the Live Free a try.

I also do prefer a non stem style for TWS. So was leaning toward the Live Free from that regard as well.

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #49,292 of 62,439
Do any B&O EX owners have any tip recommendations please? Currently using the Azla TWS max in a large and whilst the fit is OK I don feel that insertion “push” that I like and wonder if there’s anything with a bit more of an insertion depth/length?

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #49,293 of 62,439
These are certainly different:

Don't underestimate them! Lack of LDAC and AptX aside, these have been some of my favorite TWS -- even though if they are best connected via USB and home usage 😂

Dec 11, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #49,294 of 62,439
020221210_225426_lmc_8.4~2.jpg

Another stem-based ANC bud from Soundpeats. That's the Air3 Pro, Life and now the Capsule3 Pro......oh, and it has LDAC as well 😭
Where did you find these? Can't even find info on these on Soundpeats website lol

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #49,295 of 62,439
Anyone still rock on’ these B&O EQ? Sick price: Limited-time deal: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay EQ - Active Noise Cancelling Wireless In-Ear Earphones with 6 Microphones, up to 20 hours of playtime, Black https://a.co/d/dhn6ogW

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #49,296 of 62,439
Do any B&O EX owners have any tip recommendations please? Currently using the Azla TWS max in a large and whilst the fit is OK I don feel that insertion “push” that I like and wonder if there’s anything with a bit more of an insertion depth/length?
I tried everything and always went back to the stock silicone.

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #49,298 of 62,439
Received the Wireless Earbuds, which I ordered for my kid, on Friday. I should admit that I was wrong in saying that Wireless Sound Quality is only 25% of Wired ones. Actually, it is not even 5%. There is no comparison at all and it is proved yet again. So as I have been saying, these Bluetooth Earbuds and removing Headphone Jack is the biggest scam and nothing more than that. Sadly, even the Regulatory Bodies and other responsible organisations got huge money as part of this corruption so that they won't raise any objection on this illegal practices.

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #49,299 of 62,439
Looking for some help. This TWS design was sold a few years back and has had different names in different regions - Whizzer, Mezone, and Hieha, always called B6 for model number. They had a somewhat unique shape and the case was interesting too, opened up in half instead of having a lid.

1670797150569.png

I'm looking for something similar or ideally the same. It's the only TWS design that really fits my wife comfortably, but the battery is dying. We have tried over a dozen others but none work as well for her small ears. Seems to be the fairly deep stem combined with the really small body - even without ANC, they isolate really well for her.

Anyone ever see something similar out there? It can be a cheap no-name brand for all I care, it's all about the fit at this point.

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #49,300 of 62,439
Looking for some help. This TWS design was sold a few years back and has had different names in different regions - Whizzer, Mezone, and Hieha, always called B6 for model number. They had a somewhat unique shape and the case was interesting too, opened up in half instead of having a lid.

1670797150569.png

I'm looking for something similar or ideally the same. It's the only TWS design that really fits my wife comfortably, but the battery is dying. We have tried over a dozen others but none work as well for her small ears. Seems to be the fairly deep stem combined with the really small body - even without ANC, they isolate really well for her.

Anyone ever see something similar out there? It can be a cheap no-name brand for all I care, it's all about the fit at this point.
Perhaps the fill T1XS...
1670798243178.png

Dec 11, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #49,301 of 62,439

The new final audio tws that was posted a few pages back maybe?

Qcy t16 or maybe the onemore comfobud z sleep buds if for music only (no mics).

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #49,302 of 62,439
Thanks, I will look into both suggestions. So far this week we have tried the JBL 130NC, Kenwood WS-A1, Creative Outlier Gold, Sennheiser Momentum 2, RHA True Connect II, and a few other cheap no-name really small TWS models. Some fit ok but none really isolated very well, even with ANC active.

Dec 11, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #49,303 of 62,439
CP360s are your best shot! Tried a bunch of tips, I like those, the Azla Max and the standard silicon tips on the EX.

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #49,305 of 62,439
Having had a chance to use the JBL Live Free 2 for a day and bit now and the Tune 130NC for a couple of days. The Live 2 is a bit less bassy (which was part of why bought and liked the 130NC. I have 2 EQ's I was using on the 130, one was a 1db smile and one was a modified studio EQ where I gave the mids a bump and brought the bass closer to flat from the 1-2DB dip and in the original EQ. Both of these sound off on the Free 2. I actually like the club EQ and a modified version of it with the bass boosted more and the vocal midrange is boosted as well I'm the Free 2. I am also using a larger U shaped EQ that I like as well.

I have also had 2 instances of the Live 2 cutting and out when driving. The 2nd time I turned off the car BT connection and the issue stopped. The car BT is only set for calls but something is making BT flaky with this headset. Not a safe method of driving but one I have occasionally used when I forget I am wearing a TWS. So something most conciencios people will never encounter. But if you do this occasionally or are forgetful like I am you might experience some issues.

The Free 2 is just as comfy as my GB2P when up and about but a bit to big for sleeping as comfortably.

So if you like your bass the 130NC will be more up you alley out of these two models.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back