Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 8, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #49,261 of 62,574
If someone concludes their review of a $250 TWS without ANC with the words "I have a feeling the next generation of wireless buds from Campfire could be game changing"... then my natural reaction would probably be to wait for that next generation. :p
fair, but every review of every new tech product says that. I’m not switching off iPhone anytime soon so until they implement Apple Lossless over Bluetooth or LDAC (fat chance), I think TWS is maxed out. I just still love my andros and didn’t get caught up in CA releasing like 12 new (crappy) models, so these are so tempting.

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #49,262 of 62,574
fair, but every review of every new tech product says that. I’m not switching off iPhone anytime soon so until they implement Apple Lossless over Bluetooth or LDAC (fat chance), I think TWS is maxed out. I just still love my andros and didn’t get caught up in CA releasing like 12 new (crappy) models, so these are so tempting.
I take all reviews with a grain of salt. Pick pieces of them that interest me and then try stuff out for myself. I'm on iPhone/Apple too. I've found a bunch of TWS that I truly love. Some way overpriced I'm sure, but I don't care.

Dec 8, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #49,263 of 62,574
Funny, I had an unopened Gemini on my desk for over a month now. I was going to sell it after I got and really liked the ATH-TWX9, but last night I was listening to something that just didn't work -- too thin somehow. Then I spied the the Gemini, ripped it open and it was perfect, like settling into a favorite old armchair. The AT's have that amazing soundstage, but the Geminis have the mix of big open bass + detail that is just so pleasant. Add in good noise cancelling and wind handling and they are keepers, albeit with crap battery life. But if they ever do come out with something new I'm right on it.
Ya I love the gemini sound but I got them out of the case the other day and they were completely dead. I'm using some foam eartips so maybe the squished away from the charging contacts but I've had this issue before. I love the sound when I'm sitting still or walking but I get a really loud popping when I run on the treadmill.

I think I'm going to have to give up exercising :)

Dec 8, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #49,265 of 62,574
Dec 8, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #49,266 of 62,574
Sennheiser MTW3 sounds very good with AptX Adaptive.
Source: HTPC W11, Creative BT-W4 (love it!) and Apple Music "lossless" through Windows subsystem for Android.
BT-W4 is set at 24bit/96khz output, but not sure if I get 24bit/44-96khz, or if the emulator downgrades to 16bit/44khz. (like Apple Music with Bluestacks emulator)
Still noticably better than AAC from iPhone 14 Pro Max and AAC 256kbps. Crisper and more detailed.

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #49,267 of 62,574
You don't sound like you want to be convinced not to purchase these at all :p
I look forward to your first impressions

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #49,268 of 62,574
I wonder if there’s any sense in buying these CA orbits and their supposed surprisingly good soundstage when I’m very happy with my AirPods Pro and their manufactured spatial audio. Someone convince me not to waste my money! You have approx 3 hours till I click order.
I caved and picked up the APP gen 2 a couple days ago. Absolutely magical. MtW3 I just bought are going back to Amazon.

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #49,269 of 62,574
The Noble Fokus Pro comes close. They're a phenomenal entry. No frills, but triple driver, beautifully sculpted, great soundstage and separation. Jim and his team at Noble killed it. They sell out all the time. Granted, not as good as my IEMs, but nonetheless, good stuff.
Totally agree, my friend! The NFP is the best TWS I’ve heard. I’d love it if they had ANC but that would probably diminish the sound quality. I loved them so much that I took a big gamble and bought some used Kublai Khans without even auditioning them. But they ended up being even more amazing than I’d hoped

Dec 9, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #49,270 of 62,574
Today I've just found one annoying thing about the Soundcore Life Dot/A 3i.
When i turn on "Do Nof Disturb" mode on my phone (Samsung Note 20), whenever there's a phone call incoming, it would automatically answer them, even before the notification flashes on the screen. In these day of age when the only phone calls i received are from my parents and spam telemarketers, it's really awkward, and also annoying for the latter..

I haven't checked all of my TWS, but among the few I've tested, none of them show the same problem. I am curious if any other 3i users (or any other Soundcore TWS for that matter) on Android also experienced the same problem?

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #49,271 of 62,574
We buy, because we're addicts. If you don't, then you're much healthier than I am!
What do you mean we are addicts ??? :D
Reddit_Recap.jpgCursor_and_Reddit_Recap.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #49,272 of 62,574
With no sign of a passive mode I have asked for a return of the QCII and made it clear why, hopefully other people who need TWS when cycling or running or in windy conditions will do the same and they'll add that most basic of options available on $50 ANC TWS !

Dec 9, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #49,273 of 62,574
Final will release the complete wireless earphone "UZURA" from the company's wireless audio brand ag on December 16, 2022, with the themes of "noise cancellation that does not tire you" and "natural sound capture". The estimated actual selling price is around 9,980 yen including tax.

Plenty of colors for erockg to choose from:wink:....
1670590996028.png
1670591014432.png

8/22 hour battery life, 5.2, IPX4, SBC/AAC, and uses Final E type tips.

Still at the point where the small better shaped is the cheap one and flagship has to be that huge unwieldy beast
1670591434776.png
. Maybe in 2023 we can merge the two.

New adapters...
1670591758384.png
1670591780577.png

8/40 hours, 30mw each side, transparency and gaming modes, app with 10 band EQ and transparency levels adjustment etc. Only up to aptX though. You would need to adapt from QDC to other connectors or do a little surgery on them.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #49,274 of 62,574
Final will release the complete wireless earphone "UZURA" from the company's wireless audio brand ag on December 16, 2022, with the themes of "noise cancellation that does not tire you" and "natural sound capture". The estimated actual selling price is around 9,980 yen including tax.

Plenty of colors for erockg to choose from:wink:....
1670590996028.png1670591014432.png
8/22 hour battery life, 5.2, IPX4, SBC/AAC, and uses Final E type tips.

Still at the point where the small better shaped is the cheap one and flagship has to be that huge unwieldy beast 1670591434776.png. Maybe in 2023 we can merge the two.

New adapters...
1670591758384.png1670591780577.png

8/40 hours, 30mw each side, transparency and gaming modes, app with 10 band EQ and transparency levels adjustment etc. Only up to aptX though. You would need to adapt from QDC to other connectors or do a little surgery on them.
Hahahahaha! I tried so much to like a pair of Ag buds a while back. Tried. I'm really enjoying the Nuratrue Pro buds right now. They did a great job with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back