Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 1, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #48,557 of 62,472
Between the EX and the TWX9, which one has the better mic and multipoint?
I've tried a friend's ATH-TWX9 - IMO, the mic goes to EX pretty easily, though even then it's still a TWS over Bluetooth so it's not going to be perfect.

Can't comment on multipoint as I didn't try it, all I can say is I haven't had any connectivity issues with my EX.

Nov 1, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #48,558 of 62,472
If I only care about SQ, and would turn off ANC for best SQ possible, what should I choose TWX9/B&O EX (240e) or Noble Fokus Pro (360e)
For me, SQ ONLY, this order: NFP, B&O EX, TWX9.

Nov 1, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #48,559 of 62,472
Nov 1, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #48,560 of 62,472
Can you elaborate on the TWX9 multipoint? Is there some trick to checkout from amazon JP? Seems to result in an error both times I've tried.
The TWX9 can stay connected to two devices at once. Not as flawless as say, my AirPods Pro 2, but it does work well for me. No tricks on Amazon Japan. When I did it, I made an account, even signed up for the free 30 days, then made the purchase. Easy with no issues. I'm sure you have, but maybe try a different browser?

Nov 1, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #48,561 of 62,472
Can you elaborate on the TWX9 multipoint? Is there some trick to checkout from amazon JP? Seems to result in an error both times I've tried.
It connects seamlessly with my Pixel phone and either my MacBook or chromebook, whichever I am using, usually automatically. If I am listening AptX on the Pixel and start a Zoom meeting on the MacBook, it handles the meeting as starting a call and interrupts the music, then resumes after meeting. However, if I start a Youtube on the computer, it actually pauses when I enable volume on it, then allows me to resume when I pause my Phone. I prefer this "selectively preemptive" approach, rather than straight auto-switching because otherwise I find there are too many false positives causing interruptions.

Nov 1, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #48,564 of 62,472
Yup... the bass is way more balanced with the WF-1000XM4. You can't get even get rid of it on AZ60. It's just a complete mess and muddy sounding. I can't hear any clear separation of instruments. Keep in mind, about 75% of music I listen to are Indie rock bands. I also listen to 80s music, 90s alternative, and some hiphop/rap/R&B, but most of the time it's Indie bands.

I'm not sure if I indicated it above but I also use the Wavelet app on my phone (OnePlus 8T) and loaded the plain EQ profile for the WF-1000XM4. I also swapped out the foam tips for some silicone ones. The silicone tips are much more comfortable for me to use, and likely alters the sound compared to the foam tips. The noise cancelling isn't as good with the silicone tips, but it's good enough for my use case.

I also find the CX Plus when using Wavelet with the CX Plus EQ profile loaded to be comparable to the Sonys. Definitely not the same though, because the Sonys sound is much more detailed. I find the Sonys soundstage is also a better too. I'm using aptX Adaptive with the CX Plus and LDAC with the WF-1000XM4.
I mean I understand sound is subjective but I have both and it's the complete opposite. Based upon reading every post I read on these buds before getting them, I've never heard anyone say that AZ 60 have more bass bias then the XM4. I mean literally the consensus was that they had a much more balance sound than the Sony's.

And having both and using both I can definitely see how that is exactly correct.

On my XM4 I have to increase the equalizer on the higher ends. With the AZ 60 it's either a flat EQ or I boost the bass ase a little bit.

Nov 1, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #48,565 of 62,472
I mean I understand sound is subjective but I have both and it's the complete opposite. Based upon reading every post I read on these buds before getting them, I've never heard anyone say that AZ 60 have more bass bias then the XM4. I mean literally the consensus was that they had a much more balance sound than the Sony's.

And having both and using both I can definitely see how that is exactly correct.

On my XM4 I have to increase the equalizer on the higher ends. With the AZ 60 it's either a flat EQ or I boost the bass ase a little bit.
Couldn't agree more

Nov 2, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #48,566 of 62,472
Is anyone planning on checking out the Moondrop Alice? I'm kinda intrigued even though their design is really out there honestly...

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #48,567 of 62,472
Nov 2, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #48,569 of 62,472
I bought the Melomania touch a while ago but find they lack a bit of bass , even when I use the built in app to EQ.
Lets say if I spend say £200 to £300 what would you guys recommend ?

I think for the use they get , like out and about I do like a good level of bass impact .

Been reading about the NOBLE Fokus Pro and the Sony XM4

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #48,570 of 62,472
I bought the Melomania touch a while ago but find they lack a bit of bass , even when I use the built in app to EQ.
Lets say if I spend say £200 to £300 what would you guys recommend ?

I think for the use they get , like out and about I do like a good level of bass impact .

Been reading about the NOBLE Fokus Pro and the Sony XM4
Twx9, noble, ex or if you are kinky the ha fw1000t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back