Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 31, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #48,541 of 62,389
I talk on the phone for a hour or more when working at construction sites, my criteria is probably different than many others. Also only use it with my work phone.

Oct 31, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #48,542 of 62,389
You think the AZ60 are too bass heavy but like the Sony XM4 better?
Yup... the bass is way more balanced with the WF-1000XM4. You can't get even get rid of it on AZ60. It's just a complete mess and muddy sounding. I can't hear any clear separation of instruments. Keep in mind, about 75% of music I listen to are Indie rock bands. I also listen to 80s music, 90s alternative, and some hiphop/rap/R&B, but most of the time it's Indie bands.

I'm not sure if I indicated it above but I also use the Wavelet app on my phone (OnePlus 8T) and loaded the plain EQ profile for the WF-1000XM4. I also swapped out the foam tips for some silicone ones. The silicone tips are much more comfortable for me to use, and likely alters the sound compared to the foam tips. The noise cancelling isn't as good with the silicone tips, but it's good enough for my use case.

I also find the CX Plus when using Wavelet with the CX Plus EQ profile loaded to be comparable to the Sonys. Definitely not the same though, because the Sonys sound is much more detailed. I find the Sonys soundstage is also a better too. I'm using aptX Adaptive with the CX Plus and LDAC with the WF-1000XM4.

Oct 31, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #48,543 of 62,389
Az60 bass heavy? Strange, for me they lack bass especially the lowest one, certainly you can EQ it but still...maybe they produce different batches.
That's possible, but I was unable to reduce the bass enough using the Technics apps. There was less, but it still didn't sound right to me. I ordered two sets and AZ60 earbuds and returned both of them because of the bass issue. I don't typically enjoy a lot of bass when I listen to music (just a normal amount), and preferred the CX Plus and WF-1000XM4 to the AZ60.

Oct 31, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #48,544 of 62,389
How's the mic work in Teams? Thinking of pulling the trigger on these.
I didn't test the mic audio so I can't say, but no one had issues hearing me. The only time people have had audio issues with me during Teams meetings is when I used the Jabra Elite Active 75t, but that had more to do with the mic position.

Oct 31, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #48,545 of 62,389
Issue with the Freebuds Pro 2 is bluetooth switching is pretty wonky. It won't pause audio when a MS Teams call comes in. Thanks for the list.
Yup, the FreeBuds do have some switching issues. For me it's a drop on volume going from phone to MacBook. If multipoint and calls are high priority then there's another reason to check out the AT-TWX9, great clarity and flawless switching.

Oct 31, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #48,547 of 62,389
Oct 31, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #48,548 of 62,389
Trying out the new LG Tone Free T90 today. Great fit. Tiny. More soon when I have some alone time!
Well, I'm sending them back. Not blown away. They're good, but if you have AirPods Pro 2 or the new TWX9 which offer a similar form factor, you don't need to give them a whirl. ANC is weak. Sound is great, transparency fine, case is great, app is good, but APP2, TWX9, Bose QCII and the B&O EX beat them pretty easily. So, if you have any of those, you can pass. If they do knock about $75 off the T90, then sure, give them a shot. Dolby Atmos is fun, but I prefer Spatial Audio and Samsung 360. I honestly thought the T90s would take over the TWX9 spot, but nope. Not today.

Nov 1, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #48,549 of 62,389
I just picked up the Soundpeats Air3 Deluxe HS, the first Soundpeats' LDAC release, which may be of interest to @Xinlisupreme . I guess they have released them to answer the competition, with Snapdragon Sound half-in-ear releases such as the Edifier W220T hitting the market, although I've only seen one semi-in-ear with LDAC previously (Yobybo X-Boat Pro).

So far really impressed. For a single driver they have nice depth to the soundstage and crisp (bordering on overcooked) trebles. Form factor is identical to the Air3.
for those interested, I am seeing them for currently 33.31$ on AliExpress with some coupon mojo. I know I am curious, but they would end up in the pile after a short while anyways. Got better at impulse control. Thought at least I can share here.

94328AB7-66FB-46F2-8E74-5D5C42E7E18B.jpeg

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:09 AM Post #48,550 of 62,389
Well, I'm sending them back. Not blown away. They're good, but if you have AirPods Pro 2 or the new TWX9 which offer a similar form factor, you don't need to give them a whirl. ANC is weak. Sound is great, transparency fine, case is great, app is good, but APP2, TWX9, Bose QCII and the B&O EX beat them pretty easily. So, if you have any of those, you can pass. If they do knock about $75 off the T90, then sure, give them a shot. Dolby Atmos is fun, but I prefer Spatial Audio and Samsung 360. I honestly thought the T90s would take over the TWX9 spot, but nope. Not today.
If I only care about SQ, and would turn off ANC for best SQ possible, what should I choose TWX9/B&O EX (240e) or Noble Fokus Pro (360e)

Nov 1, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #48,551 of 62,389
Between the EX and the TWX9, which one has the better mic and multipoint?

Nov 1, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #48,552 of 62,389
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #48,553 of 62,389
If I only care about SQ, and would turn off ANC for best SQ possible, what should I choose TWX9/B&O EX (240e) or Noble Fokus Pro (360e)
I have never heard Noble. Pure sq alone between the other two is so subjective. The EX has been my sq pick since Day 1 of owning them. Then I got the TWX9 and that signature really checks my boxes. If I had to choose just one, I could be happy with either. I only have three now, the XM4 being the third. I am not interested in anything, but TOTL when it comes to TWS.

Nov 1, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #48,554 of 62,389
After a couple of days with my newly acquired Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, gotta say it is a minor upgrade of the original one. Fit and anc wise it is a huge upgrade, I can wear it for hours. Just lovely.
More sub bass and smoother mids / treble is what I hear thus it sounds more neutral than the first gen galaxy buds pro.
. Once it is discounted, I am going to get another pair of GB2P as backup.

Nov 1, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #48,555 of 62,389
I really like the GB2P as well. I try my other TWS and enjoy them but I keep coming back to these. The improvements are not monumental but cover every area except battery life and that is good enough for me.

Sound wise your impressions are spot on :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back