Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 30, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #48,526 of 62,472
Not sure if this has been posted already but pretty excited to see Linkbuds is getting multipoint. Looks like the update applies to the Linkbuds, Linkbuds S and XM4. Looking forward to it. Now if only I can figure out where I left my Linkbuds...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221030-194855_Headphones.jpg
    Screenshot_20221030-194855_Headphones.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 0
Oct 30, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #48,527 of 62,472
Az60 bass heavy? Strange, for me they lack bass especially the lowest one, certainly you can EQ it but still...maybe they produce different batches.
Excellent, perfect example.. Same buds, different people. I can pretty much guarantee Technics QC is not the issue.. This is how we ALL perceive sound differently.. 👍

Oct 31, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #48,529 of 62,472
Could you tell me which tips are on the airpods? Do you have to take them off to fit the airpods into the case?
Large Devialet Gemini tips from my collection. Fits in the case perfect.

Oct 31, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #48,530 of 62,472
Others I've got in for testing are the Omthing Airfree Buds (Beats Studio rip off, not very good) and the Morph Audio Infiniconnect
You got your Morph Buds?

Still waiting for mine, that's interesting on your comparison with the Tronsmart buds. Don't tell me that after all of that they just ended up using another brands shell instead of sticking with their original design?

Oct 31, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #48,532 of 62,472
Im having more trouble with the controlls not working on the AT-TWX9 lately...I sure Audio Techinica will release a new update soon :/
Once they're in your ears, power off by holding the stem button on whichever earphone (or both) that has unresponsive buttons. Wait about 10 seconds then power on the same way. Fixes them everytime for me. Like you, hoping/expecting them to be fixed with firmware update.

Oct 31, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #48,534 of 62,472
I noticed some channel imbalance with my 4 month old Beoplay EX's some time ago. Now got around on proper testing, and yes I would estimate it being around 10% or something. I contacted Amazon and they decide to send me a replacement unit immediately. Amazon's cs is just so good.

Oct 31, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #48,535 of 62,472
IMO, (and you may have read this as well), but I found them very bassy with the bass bleeding into the mids, thus kinda muddy sounding. But some may find that to their preference.
I mean yeah, some people say that they're very bassy, some say that they have zero bass, some say that they're perfectly balanced. I think it depends on the fit completely.
But yeah, for $55 i'm not buying them for the sound quality, i'm doing mostly so I can have a more open set of earbuds. If I don't like them I'm going to give them away to one of my best friends, she can't wear earbuds if they actually have any sort of eartips, where I'm sort of the inverse. Usually don't like earbuds unless they DO have them, but all ears are different etc. :D

Oct 31, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #48,536 of 62,472
Just sharing.

The Bose QC earbuds 2 were released here in Japan on 9/29 ... I received them directly on that day ..

I have not bought any other TWS since then! None! The whole month of October!

Maybe the curse has been lifted!
You just jinxed it, bud!

Oct 31, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #48,538 of 62,472
Little ranking of the microphones in the TWS i have had.

1. Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 (works even when its noisy it is clear and natural)
2. Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds ( clear and natural sounding when its silent, picks up a lot of external noise)
3. Jabra Elite 7 Pro ( Very good and clear when new, degrades much over time. Just a little weak when its external noise)
4. Sony Linkbuds S ( Clear only a little muffled, very thin and metallic sounding when its background noise)
5. Sennheiser Sport TWS ( unnatural even when its silent, unusable in noisy environment)

Oct 31, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #48,539 of 62,472
Last edited:
Oct 31, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #48,540 of 62,472
Little ranking of the microphones in the TWS i have had.

1. Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 (works even when its noisy it is clear and natural)
2. Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds ( clear and natural sounding when its silent, picks up a lot of external noise)
3. Jabra Elite 7 Pro ( Very good and clear when new, degrades much over time. Just a little weak when its external noise)
4. Sony Linkbuds S ( Clear only a little muffled, very thin and metallic sounding when its background noise)
5. Sennheiser Sport TWS ( unnatural even when its silent, unusable in noisy environment)
Issue with the Freebuds Pro 2 is bluetooth switching is pretty wonky. It won't pause audio when a MS Teams call comes in. Thanks for the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back