Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 28, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #48,511 of 62,460
Been trying a few different sets up true wireless earbuds lately, and I'm onto the Technics EAH-AZ60. Right off the bat I find them to be extremely bass heavy. Even after tweaking the EQ they're still bass heavy. I love that they support LDAC, have BT 5.2, multipoint works well, fit my ears the best of anything I've tried, works really well in Teams meetings, and the ANC is actually pretty good.

I've also been using the Sony WF-1000XM4 and Sennheiser CX Plus a lot lately. Both sound great when I use them with Wavelet and set AutoEq profiles for them. Obviously the XM4 sound better, but they're also double the price. The one thing I don't like about the CX Plus is that they don't support LDAC, only aptX Adaptive. LDAC will have greater support on Android devices than aptX. There's no guarantee my next Android phone will support aptX, while LDAC is likely to be supported.

Here's the issue, I want to love the AZ60 but there's way too much emphasis on bass. The Technics app doesn't seem to help much in reducing it either. I think Wavelet could help, but it's going to take time to get things sounding right.

That leads me to the following question. Does anyone have good EQ settings in Wavelet for the Technics EAH-AZ60? At the very least it would give me a good starting point to work with. Please let me know.

TIA
Az60 bass heavy? Strange, for me they lack bass especially the lowest one, certainly you can EQ it but still...maybe they produce different batches.

Oct 28, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #48,513 of 62,460
I really like the GB2P sound. I sometimes use the dynamic preset for a warmer sound, but mostly just leave them on default.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #48,514 of 62,460
Got me a set of Galaxy Buds Live, couldn't help myself when they were like $55 on Amazon. Been wanting a pair that doesn't block out much sound for when I need more awareness of the world around me.

We'll see if I hate them as much as some other people seem to do. Unfortunately they won't get here until November 7th, I think.

Oct 29, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #48,515 of 62,460
I also got the GB2P today, they seem very comfortable. Oddly the largest tips fit me, with the GB1P I am using the smallest or midsize.

The sound with ANC is a bit sharp to my ears, without ANC they sound great. Bass seems to be tighter and has a tiny bit more rumble than my BP2. Mids / Treble and soundstage feel very similiar. I think they are an improvement, but it is very minor upgrade soundwise.
I've heard the GB2P has worse passive isolation, but better active noise isolation. hmmm I need to test them outside, maybe ANC sounds better while commuting.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #48,516 of 62,460
We got our first big snow storm of fall and I took the twx9's for some backcountry skiing. There was a fair amount of wind and they were a mixed bag. ANC mode was excellent and dealt with the wind well, even when I was descending. I prefer ambient mode when skiing for situational awareness. The wind made this less than ideal. Had a phone call in an open, windy section and the other party said I was breaking up and that the call was noisy. Had to stop climbing and cup my ears to reduce wind to finish the call.

Oct 29, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #48,518 of 62,460
Sounds like we have similar ears. Avoid anything with a short nozzle and bulbous housing. Did you try using the CP1025 + CPA2 to extend the nozzle? Galaxy Buds Pro and the Google Pixel Buds Pro will be among the worst offenders. Buds 2 Pro, TWX9, and XM4 might not fit, but YMMV. XM4 was marginal fitment for me. Pixel Buds 2/A fit just fine. Using any negative profile IEM (ex. SE846) with a Bluetooth adapter fits perfectly.

I find the fit difficult with the GB2Pro, does the CP1025 + CPA2 also work with the GB2P?
Or are there any other ear tip extensions specifically made to fit the GB2P?

And are there ear tip extensions made for the M&D MWO7?

Edit:
Also, just a bit of a rant...
I wish manufacturers would make the cut out in their case a bit bigger to accommodate larger tips and other after market tips! For certain brands I have had to remove my favorite tips so the earphones would fit back in the case!

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #48,519 of 62,460
Got me a set of Galaxy Buds Live, couldn't help myself when they were like $55 on Amazon. Been wanting a pair that doesn't block out much sound for when I need more awareness of the world around me.

We'll see if I hate them as much as some other people seem to do. Unfortunately they won't get here until November 7th, I think.

IMO, (and you may have read this as well), but I found them very bassy with the bass bleeding into the mids, thus kinda muddy sounding. But some may find that to their preference.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #48,520 of 62,460
I find the fit difficult with the GB2Pro, does the CP1025 + CPA2 also work with the GB2P?

And are there ear tip extensions made for the M&D MWO7?

Edit:
Also, just a bit of a rant...
I wish manufacturers would make the cut out in their case a bit bigger to accommodate larger tips and other after market tips! For certain brands I have had to remove my favorite tips so the earphones would fit back in the case!
I'm not sure if they work with the GB2P, I would check the Amazon comments.

Oct 29, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #48,521 of 62,460
The GBP2 nozzle is shaped differently than GB2 so the adapter portion likely won't work. But the tip CP1025 look like it might fit depending on how wide it is.

I have tested the CP360 and it worked but sure how well long term as I went back to the stock tip.

The challenge is the tips need a shallow groove to fit in that lip on the stem.

Oct 29, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #48,522 of 62,460
Trying out the new LG Tone Free T90 today. Great fit. Tiny. More soon when I have some alone time!

Attachments

• F03F6D5F-6F09-4349-A0E0-268618F94F18.jpeg
    F03F6D5F-6F09-4349-A0E0-268618F94F18.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 54A6AA66-E58F-4427-9C27-A68B463D5368.jpeg
    54A6AA66-E58F-4427-9C27-A68B463D5368.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • C9B2CFFE-F147-49E9-8B23-8B69B4B6D011.jpeg
    C9B2CFFE-F147-49E9-8B23-8B69B4B6D011.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Oct 30, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #48,523 of 62,460
Been trying a few different sets up true wireless earbuds lately, and I'm onto the Technics EAH-AZ60. Right off the bat I find them to be extremely bass heavy. Even after tweaking the EQ they're still bass heavy. I love that they support LDAC, have BT 5.2, multipoint works well, fit my ears the best of anything I've tried, works really well in Teams meetings, and the ANC is actually pretty good.

I've also been using the Sony WF-1000XM4 and Sennheiser CX Plus a lot lately. Both sound great when I use them with Wavelet and set AutoEq profiles for them. Obviously the XM4 sound better, but they're also double the price. The one thing I don't like about the CX Plus is that they don't support LDAC, only aptX Adaptive. LDAC will have greater support on Android devices than aptX. There's no guarantee my next Android phone will support aptX, while LDAC is likely to be supported.

Here's the issue, I want to love the AZ60 but there's way too much emphasis on bass. The Technics app doesn't seem to help much in reducing it either. I think Wavelet could help, but it's going to take time to get things sounding right.

That leads me to the following question. Does anyone have good EQ settings in Wavelet for the Technics EAH-AZ60? At the very least it would give me a good starting point to work with. Please let me know.

TIA
You think the AZ60 are too bass heavy but like the Sony XM4 better?

Oct 30, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #48,524 of 62,460
I just picked up the Soundpeats Air3 Deluxe HS, the first Soundpeats' LDAC release, which may be of interest to @Xinlisupreme . I guess they have released them to answer the competition, with Snapdragon Sound half-in-ear releases such as the Edifier W220T hitting the market, although I've only seen one semi-in-ear with LDAC previously (Yobybo X-Boat Pro).

So far really impressed. For a single driver they have nice depth to the soundstage and crisp (bordering on overcooked) trebles. Form factor is identical to the Air3.

Should be able to get a review done at some point this week.

Others I've got in for testing are the Omthing Airfree Buds (Beats Studio rip off, not very good) and the Morph Audio Infiniconnect (basically Tronsmart Apollo Bold with less bass and a massive charge case). I have a bloody exam next month so no idea when I'm gonna review those ones :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back