Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 27, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #48,481 of 62,885
Multipoint connection for xm4 and linkbud is coming soon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026-235302528.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-235302528.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 27, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #48,482 of 62,885
I just returned my Final ZE3000, while the soundstage and mids are really good.. I find the treble just taking too much attention. Also it is very touch sensitive and I find myself often accidently pausing them. Also I can't have them connected to two devices, always need to unpair in bluetooth settings. In the end they were pretty inconvenient.

Tuning-wise my Galaxy Buds Pro still remain to beat. Just ordered the Pro 2 now, if they aren't a step up I will just remain very content with my original Pros.

Oct 27, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #48,483 of 62,885
i recently purchased the Soundpeats Air 3 and really recommend it: small case, good battery life, working app, and good sounding. The EQ on the app also provide custom preset
Interestingly enough, I recently came into a set of SOUNDPEATS life. Solid, detailed 11mm drivers for $40. Also has good ANC and pass through. They take a bit more power to drive , but still get loud enough for me. I very much recommend for a budget set.

Oct 27, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #48,484 of 62,885
i recently purchased the Soundpeats Air 3 and really recommend it: small case, good battery life, working app, and good sounding. The EQ on the app also provide custom preset
Air 3 bought, it will arrive tomorrow 😀

Oct 27, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #48,485 of 62,885
nope, all the audio decoding is done on the TWS. the only benefit you might get is if the dap or phone has better codecs to connect to the bluetooth headset, you´re clearly going to get better quality if your dap or phone has LDAC, APTX-HD or adaptive then just AAC like an iphone.

Oct 27, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #48,486 of 62,885
They don’t look very comfy but supposedly new Moondrop Alice dropping end of month. Can’t find the specs.

Attachments

• 80028B74-1DAC-41F2-8F08-3AC7119BCEB3.jpeg
    80028B74-1DAC-41F2-8F08-3AC7119BCEB3.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 43DF5FE8-9094-4838-B1B4-034000B05866.jpeg
    43DF5FE8-9094-4838-B1B4-034000B05866.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 27, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #48,487 of 62,885
need to upgrade my Jabra 75T as I have issues connecting with my smart watch given that the Jabra uses the R as the primary Bluetooth connection point and I wear the watch on my left hand. Do all the new TWS buds for Samsung, Huawei, Sony and TWX9 use newer technology with both R, L buds capable of direct Bluetooth connection and not rely on 1 primary connection?

seeking some advice as manufacturers do not share much in the spec sheets.

Oct 27, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #48,488 of 62,885
need to upgrade my Jabra 75T as I have issues connecting with my smart watch given that the Jabra uses the R as the primary Bluetooth connection point and I wear the watch on my left hand. Do all the new TWS buds for Samsung, Huawei, Sony and TWX9 use newer technology with both R, L buds capable of direct Bluetooth connection and not rely on 1 primary connection?

seeking some advice as manufacturers do not share much in the spec sheets.
You mean separately? If so then yes. The master and slave tech is outdated

Oct 27, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #48,490 of 62,885
You mean separately? If so then yes. The master and slave tech is outdated
Actually, the master-slave are still being used by many TWS now. They just smarter, each earbud can act as master now, if we put the current master bud into the case, the current slave will become master and connect with phone. Some TWS will choose the right bud as master for default, some will choose the one that be take out from the first, some even smarter will choose the one with more battery percent left.

Oct 27, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #48,491 of 62,885
Actually, the master-slave are still being used by many TWS now. They just smarter, each earbud can act as master now, if we put the current master bud into the case, the current slave will become master and connect with phone. Some TWS will choose the right bud as master for default, some will choose the one that be take out from the first, some even smarter will choose the one with more battery percent left.
yes I understand that the master-slave is still what most brands still use. How do I change the default from R to L for example?

Any specific model which states that both R, L are masters receivers individually? I read the Earin M2 clearly markets this feature.

“Bluetooth chipset maker Qualcomm typically doesn’t disclose which TWS earbuds use which of its chipsets, but it’s easy to guess which devices are using which chip. The QCC514 chipset was intended to directly address “the robustness shortcoming”—meaning wireless connectivity—of earlier (and more budget-conscious) chipsets. Its QCC5xx series chipsets are more likely to be found in higher-end buds, while the QCC30xx series will be found in more basic offerings.”

Not true apparently as there are many high-end ear buds that use the older QCC30xx series chipset.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #48,493 of 62,885
Oct 27, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #48,494 of 62,885
I've tried my Creative BT-W4 adapter with the TWX9's a few times now. I had not really expected to notice much difference between the regular apt-x of my Samsung phone and apt-x adaptive from the Creative, but there is a noticeable improvement. Sounds more polished, a bit more lush. The bt-w4 is a great solution for phones that don't do apt-x adaptive or computers that don't do bluetooth well.

Oct 27, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #48,495 of 62,885
I would not recommend the MW08 (regular or Sport). I've got an old pair of MW07+ and really enjoyed them back in their day. They have been incredibly solid and reliable, and I still use them for bike riding, skiing, podcasts, etc. when sound quality is not the priority. Love the real buttons, as opposed to touch controls. As erockg said, lots of modern earbuds sound better these days. I bought the MW08 Sport expecting a similar experience. Super buggy, limited app. Connection problems, constant issues. Dropped one on my floor from about 3 feet and the ceramic cracked ($350 sport earphones!) Then the right button stopped working. Figured I just got a bad pair, since everyone says they have such good build quality. Exchanged them and continue to have a terrible experience with the newer pair. Continue to be buggy and have connection issues. Multi-point is very unreliable. The latest is that I cannot turn on ANC (which sucks) or Ambient modes (decent), either through the app or buttons. I get an error message saying that both earphones need to be turned on for that to work. Tried factory reset and repairing with multiple devices, and with each other. If anyone knows a fix, please let me know!

I do enjoy their sound quality, but only with rather extensive EQ and tip rolling. They are a bassy, muddy mess otherwise. Just got the ATX-TWX9, which are much more precise and superior in almost every way. But I still like the warm sound of the MW08. But don't buy them unless you want constant problems.
As a follow up, I figured out why I was having problems with my MW08 Sports. Turns out that my XL Azla replacement tips were obscuring the wear sensors of the earbuds, making them think that one was not inserted in the ear. When that is the case, they will still play but will not go into ANC or ambient mode. This is the case even if you have wear detection turned off. Quirky. Working great now, just not with those tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back