Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 26, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #48,466 of 62,387
TWX9 owner, what do you think about it battery? Seen a few comment of japanese complain about that?
Also in product description, ATH states that it’s take 2 hours to full charge the earbuds. Is that true? It’s really slow for a TWS in 2022, isn’t it?

Oct 26, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #48,467 of 62,387
So, I have been playing around with my crazy collection of TWS and find myself going back to the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro more often than not. But after having finally bought the Libert 3 Pro I have to say bang for the buck the L3P are hard to beat, and they sound damn good too albeit in a different way. If I was to make an analogy, I would say that the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro are like a detailed painting and the Libert 3 Pro are like a detailed drawing where the artist likes to use heavy lines. The GB2P offer a soundscape that is slightly distant but close enough you can concentrate on details if you wish. The L3P offer a soundscape that is more intimate that can be almost distracting in its detail especially in the treble region. They both work but the L3P is not as conducive for all genre's and EXTEMELY effective for certain genres. The GP2P is conducive for all genre's but at the expense of not being as effective for certain genre's or at least not as vibrant.

For example, when listening to Patricia Barber on the L3P the songs are very intimate and detailed with a wonderful 3D soundscape, but her S's can get to pronounced and it's easy to get distracted by some of the drumkit details. But the overall experience is very powerful and impacting. The GB2P on the other hand is seated a bit further back in the concert and the 3D presentation is more subtle as are details such as the drumkit sounds and her vocals. When I want to really get lost in the details, I prefer the L3P but if I am needing to focus on other tasks or just want a more relaxed experience the GB2P work better.

The Sony Linkbuds on the other hand is like a painting only enjoyed from across the room. They just lack in detail and rely on you just enjoying the overall picture (soundscape) versus honing in on anything specific.

The big difference is the L3P can probably be tuned via the EQ app to be closer to the GB2P while the GB2P and Linkbuds S cannot be EQ'd to match the L3P as one lacks a custom EQ and the other lacks the ability to reach the same level of details regardless of it's EQ.

For those who own the Technics AZ60 they have a similar sound the L3P minus the sharpness in the treble regions that the BA driver provides. This also means they do not have the same sibilance issues as the L3P which can be good or bad depending on preference.

Price wise since these all go on sale, the L3P easily win in regard to value as it offers as good or better features of the Technics, and almost all of the features of the Sony and Samsung for a fraction of the cost.

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #48,468 of 62,387
Bose QC Buds II have a gem of an option in the app - I can freely select which 2 devices are to be connected, no more re-pairing when I change my mind with what should it connect. Quick toggle change and voila! They also seem to handle wind noise very well - in the same conditions in which MTW3s made audible noise, the BQCBII (sic) were almost silent. I did not expect that given their more protruding shape.
Not having luck with that

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #48,469 of 62,387
You mentioned that you also have APP2, i guess that you are using TWX9 with iPhone? Could you make a small compare between them? About SQ, comfort, battery life, control,… Thanks!
Yes, I'm on an iPhone most days. APP2 are more comfortable. I don't like the tap controls on the TWX9 and the click button controls can be unreliable if you're multi-paired to more than one device. ANC and sound are both great. The controls are more reliable on the APP2. I also prefer the small case of the APP2. If you do not have aftermarket tips on your APP2, you may very well prefer the fit/seal on the TWX9. Both tws are very good. If you're in the Apple ecosystem, I'd say get the APP2.

Oct 26, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #48,470 of 62,387
Yes, I'm on an iPhone most days. APP2 are more comfortable. I don't like the tap controls on the TWX9 and the click button controls can be unreliable if you're multi-paired to more than one device. ANC and sound are both great. The controls are more reliable on the APP2. I also prefer the small case of the APP2. If you do not have aftermarket tips on your APP2, you may very well prefer the fit/seal on the TWX9. Both tws are very good. If you're in the Apple ecosystem, I'd say get the APP2.
What make you prefer TWX9 over EX ? people say The Audio Technica look premium but from photos I think it ugly compare to Beoplay Ex? What do you think ?

Oct 26, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #48,471 of 62,387
How about battery? With AAC, can TWX9 hold up to 6 hours with ANC like APP2 (as Apple told us). And how long it take to recharge it?
Thank you.

Oct 26, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #48,472 of 62,387
How about battery? With AAC, can TWX9 hold up to 6 hours with ANC like APP2 (as Apple told us). And how long it take to recharge it?
Thank you.
Honestly don't know. I've never tested them both against one another. For me, it's so close it's negligible. I use them for hours and switch off.

Oct 26, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #48,473 of 62,387
What make you prefer TWX9 over EX ? people say The Audio Technica look premium but from photos I think it ugly compare to Beoplay Ex? What do you think ?
The EX are more premium and the case is metal. I prefer the sound of the EX, but again, it's all about the entire package. I pick up my TWX9 more because of the features.

Oct 26, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #48,475 of 62,387
Oct 26, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #48,476 of 62,387
Wich TWS buds (no iem) would I chose for a redmi note 11 Pro?
My wife doesn’t like IEMs and tips, sorry for stupid question but I don’t really know these products…
Something like this

3830B074-48E2-4F0D-9A1D-77103C43ACAC.jpeg

Oct 26, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #48,477 of 62,387
Wich TWS buds (no iem) would I chose for a redmi note 11 Pro?
My wife doesn’t like IEMs and tips, sorry for stupid question but I don’t really know these products…
Something like this

3830B074-48E2-4F0D-9A1D-77103C43ACAC.jpeg

i recently purchased the Soundpeats Air 3 and really recommend it: small case, good battery life, working app, and good sounding. The EQ on the app also provide custom preset

Oct 26, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #48,478 of 62,387
What aftermarket tips are you using on APP2 and do they improve sq stability or both?

Oct 26, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #48,479 of 62,387
This will be my last pair of Lypertek, my Tevi was good so i bought Z7 as the upgrade. Then after 2 months, volume on right bud just suddenly reduced by 5db, ok it's fine Wavelet still can fix it.
Now after 5 months one of a pin on the right side suddenly retracted and couldn't charge the right bud anymore
The QC is horrible bad. Good bye Lypertek, can't believe i paid 180$ for this
p/s: I don't use it very often because I have been WFH since the beginning of the year, maybe 1-2 times a week while walking
1666839973224.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #48,480 of 62,387

Users who are viewing this thread

Back