Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 24, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #48,436 of 62,434
Would you get the TWX9 over the GB2P? You got both, right?
I would. GB2P are tiny and great if you want a pair for on the go. I have them paired to both my Fold and my iPhone etc. But if you don't have an Android phone, the TWX9 would be better. If you're on Android, you can go either way. One key point about the GB2P in my world is that they're great for when I'm lying on my side listening to an audio book in bed. The TWX9 do work for me (not everyone) doing that but you definitely feel them digging into your ears, depending on how plush the pillow is. I paid around $30 for my GB2P buds, so I can't judge them the same way as if I paid full price. TWX9 are much more premium. GB2P are not.

Oct 24, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #48,437 of 62,434
Hey,

Has anyone compared the Focal ZE3000 and the Noble Audio Fokus Pro?

Which one has the best sound overall? Especially in the bass department.

I got the Final but I wonder if the price difference with the the Fokus Pro is worth it or not. I don't care about ANC or transparent modes.

Oct 24, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #48,438 of 62,434
I second everything mentioned. The TW2 work very well and will be perfect for your 535s. Make sure to go for second generation if you explore the used/discount route.
I agree. My SE846s went back on the TW2 adapters this weekend. Was perfect for enjoying music while grilling some prime ribeyes outside. Shure did a great job with these in my opinion and they just seem to work as intended.

Oct 24, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #48,439 of 62,434
I'll take a look at second hand for sure. Thanks for the tip.

I do know that the isolation is good, but ever since my first COVID bout back in 2020 I've become very susceptible to ear infections. Wearing IEMs for extended periods of time is something that seems to make my ears itchy and has lead to more infections - even if I change the sleeves, disinfect regularly, etc. I just can't wear IEMs all day anymore like I used to a couple years back. Hence the ANC tech.

For convenience though, earbuds are fine when I'm on the bus, or exercising for a short period of time, doing yardwork etc. But they just can't be something I wear all day from the commute through the work day and back home anymore.

If the TW2 are that good, I may see if I can wait out a good second hand deal or sale. Or if a great price on the fiios comes along perhaps I try them and return if I find them sub par.
they can be had here as a return item for $149. I also have the UTWS5, but I think if I were to do it over I would go for the Shures, if only for the hear-through mode which is not that great on the FIIO.

Oct 24, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #48,440 of 62,434
I think these are the crowdfunded model that they also offer a USB aptX Lossless etc Dongle running the QCC3071 Chipset (they upgraded it over original spec'd QCC3056).

Battery a bit meh.

Definitely trying these if the cyber blades don't work out (whenever they arrive)

Oct 24, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #48,442 of 62,434
You mean the angry miao cyberblade? Hot damn, I can't wait for your review
Thank you! If I'm being honest my biggest worry is the case size when walking out and about but if they're awesome (or awesomely terrible) I'll be sure to put something up 😄

Oct 24, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #48,443 of 62,434
Definitely trying these if the cyber blades don't work out (whenever they arrive)
You mean the angry miao cyberblade? Hot damn, I can't wait for your review
Just submitted my address for the Kickstarter early bird. I'll post stuff whenever (if) I get them in November!

Oct 24, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #48,444 of 62,434
Oct 24, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #48,445 of 62,434
Oct 24, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #48,446 of 62,434
Off topic but I don't care - I've been here since the beginning so I'm taking some license...

The Bathys are awesome. I've tried a lot of higher end bluetooth headphones (I stay away from the consumer oriented models). Currently have the Deva Pro. Formerly the Ananda BT, Mobius and Panda (all of which I loved). Just sold my APM. These Bathys really straddle the line between audiophile sound with a bit of boosted bass for fun. I've owned Focals before and some people think they are boring but I've always appreciated their sound signature. They have terrific soundstage and depth that frankly has no business in a bluetooth headphone particularly over AAC on an iphone. Everything is crisp, tight with a nice sense of space. Gonna try the USB-C tomorrow. These should be on everyone's short list. The fact they have ANC is a bonus. Was gonna sell them since I don't really need them but now I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #48,447 of 62,434
Oct 24, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #48,448 of 62,434
Off topic but I don't care - I've been here since the beginning so I'm taking some license...

The Bathys are awesome. I've tried a lot of higher end bluetooth headphones (I stay away from the consumer oriented models). Currently have the Deva Pro. Formerly the Ananda BT, Mobius and Panda (all of which I loved). Just sold my APM. These Bathys really straddle the line between audiophile sound with a bit of boosted bass for fun. I've owned Focals before and some people think they are boring but I've always appreciated their sound signature. They have terrific soundstage and depth that frankly has no business in a bluetooth headphone particularly over AAC on an iphone. Everything is crisp, tight with a nice sense of space. Gonna try the USB-C tomorrow. These should be on everyone's short list. The fact they have ANC is a bonus. Was gonna sell them since I don't really need them but now I'm not so sure.
How does it compare to the h95, xm5, 5909 and APM?

Oct 24, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #48,449 of 62,434
How does it compare to the h95, xm5, 5909 and APM?
I can only speak to the APM I think the Bathys are a significant step up in terms of sq. Soundstage is much better as is detail. I liked the APM as an all arounder but for music I didn’t love them. Sounds like the guys in the Bathys thread think the PX8 might be the closest competitor so maybe check those out too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back