Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 23, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #48,421 of 62,389
Why people here talk too much about beoplay EX and TWX9 but not the Noble Fokus Pro for best TWR ???
We've been talking about the NFP for most of 2022 on here. Pages upon pages of rave reviews about them. Present company included.

Oct 24, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #48,424 of 62,389
How it is compare to the TWX9 ?
NFP for the win for exceptional sound. TWX9 for decent sound but a win for all other features as well. I pick up the TWX9 way more. Depends on your use case.

Oct 24, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #48,426 of 62,389
May be wait for new NFP with features upgrade?

May I know why you pick TWX9 more over NFP please ? Thank yoh
No news on a new NFP that I've heard of. It's the best sounding Noble tws.

The TWX9 has ANC, transparency mode, wireless charging, they're smaller, better for calls, just to name a few reasons.

NFP has none of the above. They're just made for close to audiophile sound. And they succeed in that. Also, the app only lets you EQ, nothing much more.

I sold my NFP buds while they still had good resale value. I haven't missed them.

Oct 24, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #48,427 of 62,389
No news on a new NFP that I've heard of. It's the best sounding Noble tws.

The TWX9 has ANC, transparency mode, wireless charging, they're smaller, better for calls, just to name a few reasons.

NFP has none of the above. They're just made for close to audiophile sound. And they succeed in that. Also, the app only lets you EQ, nothing much more.

I sold my NFP buds while they still had good resale value. I haven't missed them.
How about the fokus pro H variant vs the ex vs the twx9?

Oct 24, 2022 at 3:49 AM Post #48,428 of 62,389
How about the fokus pro H variant vs the ex vs the twx9?
The Fokus H-ANC sounded good (driver and balanced armature), but the ANC wasn't great, nor was transparency. Fit was awesome for me though. The build quality is nowhere near as good as the EX or TWX9. For me, I'd pass on the FH-ANC. The TWX9 are a better value than the EX and depending on where you purchase - $170 cheaper. ANC and Transparency mode is much better on the TWX9 too and they're smaller. Sound on the EX has the edge and they have a sick IP rating. That said, for 2-3 weeks now, I've been picking up the TWX9 and my APP2 muuuuuch more than my EX and Bose QCII. We'll see how long that lasts! I'll have to get them back in the rotation this week!

Oct 24, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #48,430 of 62,389
I've got a pair of SE535, and the old Bluetooth RMCEBT2.

I have a pair of Sony XM4 that I use during the workday for the noise cancelling provided by my employer for focus as I have ADHD, and I transport them to my office for in office days in my bag and back home for work from home days. The noise cancelling is my main thing for those.

But, when I'm commuting, I don't want to wear the XM4s on the bus/subway. Mainly because I don't want to worry about rain/snow given that I didn't pay for them and work won't give me a new pair if they break.

I'm wondering if there are any newer TWS MMCX adapters that would be worth using on my 535 for ease of commute, or if I'm better off using the RMCEBT2 I already have that's been sitting in my desk for a while. I used to have an LG phone with headphone port, but it died and phones all need headphone dongles now and that's just too many cables for the commute at this point, and I've moved on to just using Spotify for my commutes anyway.

Didn't really want to shell out $300 CAD for the TWS Shure adapters either, since I doubt they're *that* good for my use case.

When working from home I have a toddler downstairs but a closed door and the XM4s, even without music when I want quiet focus, block out the noise well enough and I have been trying to avoid wearing stuff in my ears all day.

Thanks! I figure this is the best thread to ask in since it's so focused on true wireless, but if not, let me know and I'll repost in another place.

Oct 24, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #48,432 of 62,389

I have a pair of Sony XM4 that I use during the workday for the noise cancelling provided by my employer for focus as I have ADHD, and I transport them to my office for in office days in my bag and back home for work from home days. The noise cancelling is my main thing for those.

But, when I'm commuting, I don't want to wear the XM4s on the bus/subway. Mainly because I don't want to worry about rain/snow given that I didn't pay for them and work won't give me a new pair if they break.

I'm wondering if there are any newer TWS MMCX adapters that would be worth using on my 535 for ease of commute, or if I'm better off using the RMCEBT2 I already have that's been sitting in my desk for a while. I used to have an LG phone with headphone port, but it died and phones all need headphone dongles now and that's just too many cables for the commute at this point, and I've moved on to just using Spotify for my commutes anyway.

Didn't really want to shell out $300 CAD for the TWS Shure adapters either, since I doubt they're *that* good for my use case.

When working from home I have a toddler downstairs but a closed door and the XM4s, even without music when I want quiet focus, block out the noise well enough and I have been trying to avoid wearing stuff in my ears all day.

Thanks! I figure this is the best thread to ask in since it's so focused on true wireless, but if not, let me know and I'll repost in another place.
Bite the bullet and buy the Shure TW2 adapters. Except the large, bulky charging case and lack of wireless charging they are IMO the best BT adapter on the market. Super secure and comfortable fit. Transparency mode is flawless and transparency on pause is perfect for listening to announcements or talking to a passenger, etc. You don't need ANC with a deep insertion nozzle and foam tips like the Shure Olives. Seriously, they block out so much noise passively that once you start playing music, it's all gone. Everytime I try something different than this setup, I end up almost immediately coming back to it. I wear them out and about, when doing long distance running, in the gym, for work calls, whatever, they're great.

Oct 24, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #48,433 of 62,389

Ooof, the price is a little bit hard on the limit, so I think there's a few ways to go about this. My go-to has been the FiiO UTWS5 for this specific scenario and they have been absolutely lovely in transforming my IEMs to wireless mode. They do have MMCX adapter version and are slightly cheaper than the Shure adapters being at US$129 vs Shure's US$189. I actually found mine secondhand, so maybe take a look at the market and see perhaps you can find someone selling it.

Oct 24, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #48,434 of 62,389
I'll take a look at second hand for sure. Thanks for the tip.

Bite the bullet and buy the Shure TW2 adapters. Except the large, bulky charging case and lack of wireless charging they are IMO the best BT adapter on the market. Super secure and comfortable fit. Transparency mode is flawless and transparency on pause is perfect for listening to announcements or talking to a passenger, etc. You don't need ANC with a deep insertion nozzle and foam tips like the Shure Olives. Seriously, they block out so much noise passively that once you start playing music, it's all gone. Everytime I try something different than this setup, I end up almost immediately coming back to it. I wear them out and about, when doing long distance running, in the gym, for work calls, whatever, they're great.

I do know that the isolation is good, but ever since my first COVID bout back in 2020 I've become very susceptible to ear infections. Wearing IEMs for extended periods of time is something that seems to make my ears itchy and has lead to more infections - even if I change the sleeves, disinfect regularly, etc. I just can't wear IEMs all day anymore like I used to a couple years back. Hence the ANC tech.

For convenience though, earbuds are fine when I'm on the bus, or exercising for a short period of time, doing yardwork etc. But they just can't be something I wear all day from the commute through the work day and back home anymore.

If the TW2 are that good, I may see if I can wait out a good second hand deal or sale. Or if a great price on the fiios comes along perhaps I try them and return if I find them sub par.

Oct 24, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #48,435 of 62,389
I second everything mentioned. The TW2 work very well and will be perfect for your 535s. Make sure to go for second generation if you explore the used/discount route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back