Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 23, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #48,407 of 62,389
Why people here talk too much about beoplay EX and TWX9 but not the Noble Fokus Pro for best TWR ???
I've tried the TWX9 and Noble Fokus Pro. The FoKus Pro is miles better in terms of sound quality (the driver setup can't be compared, it's a triple driver vs small-ish 5.8mm driver in the TWX9).

Howwever, the TWX9 has ANC (though not as good as the Bose QC II or APP2) and other features.

I should point though that the passive isolation of the FoKus Pro is very good, given it's 3D printed housing covers the entire inner and outer ear canal (similar passive isolation to how the Jabra Elite pros fit).

Oct 23, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #48,409 of 62,389
I’ve a couple of pairs of TW earphones, neither really see much action and I think it’s because I can’t rely on them. All too often I’ve jumped on the train in the morning to find they’re nearly out of juice and end up not being able to listen to them for the rest of the day.

I can’t be bothered with yet another piece of equipment to have to remember to charge, particularly when the ones with wires sound better!

Oct 23, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #48,411 of 62,389
I've tried the TWX9 and Noble Fokus Pro. The FoKus Pro is miles better in terms of sound quality (the driver setup can't be compared, it's a triple driver vs small-ish 5.8mm driver in the TWX9).

Howwever, the TWX9 has ANC (though not as good as the Bose QC II or APP2) and other features.

I should point though that the passive isolation of the FoKus Pro is very good, given it's 3D printed housing covers the entire inner and outer ear canal (similar passive isolation to how the Jabra Elite pros fit).

Are you referring to the Jabra Elite 7s ?
I'm beyond annoyed at the QCII's lack of passive isolation so have been looking at other options. I must admit I stopped paying attention to the Jabra products after the 75s so I'm not sure how the 7 pros compare to the 85t's in terms of audio and ANC performance, can you share any pointers ? Thanks !

Oct 23, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #48,412 of 62,389
Some say fokus pro fit very well
On my part, the ANC is a huge driving factor for my love for the TWX9. Of course, I am probably an exception in this case because I have an old CIEM to throw into the UTWS5, so FoKus Pro just doesn't really hold an edge against that specifically. And yes... it's also the earbud form of not having something stuffed into my ear canals too deeply, all my IEMs already do that plenty enough. 😂

My two cents though -- I'd imagine that for some people pursuing sound quality and really enjoy that outer canal shell design, it'll likely tick all those boxes.

Oct 23, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #48,414 of 62,389
I need to buy a gift for a person, can you recommend me good TWS arround 100$ with good mic for calls?
I'm a bit scared as he wares L tips (with traditional tips) he also tried yesterday a Philips TSW (TAT3217) and the L (largest one) did not had good fit with him....

Oct 23, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #48,415 of 62,389
Sounds like we have similar ears. Avoid anything with a short nozzle and bulbous housing. Did you try using the CP1025 + CPA2 to extend the nozzle? Galaxy Buds Pro and the Google Pixel Buds Pro will be among the worst offenders. Buds 2 Pro, TWX9, and XM4 might not fit, but YMMV. XM4 was marginal fitment for me. Pixel Buds 2/A fit just fine. Using any negative profile IEM (ex. SE846) with a Bluetooth adapter fits perfectly.

Wow! I had not heard of the CP1025 + CPA2! I wish there were something like that for the M&D MW07 and the Liberty 2 Pro! I struggled with their too shallow fit due to the housing shape and too short stem for these, so much I wanted to throw them out the window. I tried to think of a DIY solution similar to this that would extend the stem but gave up on it...

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #48,416 of 62,389
In case anyone is interested the B & O Beoplay EX gold tone is marked down to $319 on Amazon Prime. And the EX black is down to $353. I’m going to post this on the deals thread here as well, but I’ll wait a bit in case supply is low, so us TW junkies can have first dibs :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VLD7C4M?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #48,417 of 62,389
In case anyone is interested the B & O Beoplay EX gold tone is marked down to $319 on Amazon Prime. And the EX black is down to $353. I’m going to post this on the deals thread here as well, but I’ll wait a bit in case supply is low, so us TW junkies can have first dibs :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VLD7C4M?
I will wait for the 200 mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back